• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rt2788

Chicago?

Hello my Chicago friends! I wish we could get a Nerd Fitness meetup here, or all go hiking together or something! Additionally, I love the James Joyce! It is such a great and nerdy place.

no way im like 15mins away (hahaha isnt everything in chicago) I go to The James Joyce 

Well I'm just throwing this out there. It isn't in Chicago and it's out past the suburbs but on September 21st the Illinois Run For Your Lives 5k zombie infested obstacle course is being held in Byron. Just south of Rockford. In the shadow of the Byron nuclear power plant.

Join the race, join to be a zombie. Enjoy beer at the apocalypse party after the race.

I'm signed up for the 1pm wave myself.

http://www.runforyourlives.com

Another newbie here; I'm in Ravenswood.  Also out on the running; two herniated discs in my neck so impact sports are out of the question.  I tell my chiro that I always keep my wheels on the ground, so mountain biking counts as no impact. :-)

You suggested hiking or drinks; no reason those need to be mutually exclusive.  Most forest preserves allow alcohol, so hike/bike followed by beer around a picnic table is an option.