Chicago?

hey friends... this was my facebook status today...  

trying to figure out which afternoon would work best for a chicago meet up :) the week of 13 apr.... 

I am thinking that I *MIGHT* have snowwhite with me (if she can make it work to fly to my house and ride with us) if I do I will be taking her to Chicago on sunday the 13th... and that would be awesome to have a thing sunday :) we could plan it so that we get there around 1600... and that would work for a dinner and whatnot... it will be me and the three kiddos and I am not a huge drinker (although I am not above a cider or wine :) if I don't have to drive... I am a HUGE lightweight!!!) so I would prefer we do something that doesn't have much drinking :D

oldest boy would like to do something with lifting? so maybe we could do dinner and a lift? or dinner and a run in the park? or dinner and a something else? (can you sense a theme here? whatever we do I want it to include dinner ;) )

alright nerds, friends, and family  

planning the vacation... in APRIL (2014)

I will get off on the morning of the 12th we will be leaving Waynesboro by 10 at the latest... will e arriving in Ashland KY around supper time and hanging out with Melissa and Kristina and leaving the morning of the 13th... will be arriving in northern indiana the evening of the 13th... we are possibly going to stay the 13th in chicago... ad hanging out with chicago nerds... on the 14th and then visiting family in indiana... 

we will be leaving the morning of the 19th and returning home... I am willing to plan my route home to visit someone as long as it doesn't take us more than a couple hours out of the way... I can go home across ohio and then go down... or I can go down through indiana and then across the south... we would LOVE to meet nerds or something if it works out 

so I am planning to have 3 days to be family days... I would like to have breakfast and maybe a few hours with Uncle Steven and Aunt Brenda... DEFINITELY time with my mommy Sherrie... lunch with Aunt Patti.... thinking I might do a BYOM (bring your own meat) cookout at the park (maybe the one where we had Jeffery's birthday party??)

I want a day to go to chicago and hang out with Renee and some time to hang out with Miranda 

maybe an afternoon visiting wineries? (Mir? The kids have ideas for family they would like to hang out with or something for one afternoon so I can go on a winery tour)

I am mainly worried about figuring out which days work for my people who would have to travel for a visit (or that I would have to travel to... Rene? etc...)

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I'll try to make it out Jenn, though I can make no promises, that is getting pretty close to the busy season at my work, I likely wont know until a week or two before hand. 

I understand :( 

although... I will probably be making it up again at some point... but I try to avoid northern indiana at any time other than spring break... I don't like the bitter winter or the humidity... neither are awesome for my breathing (hence the reason I live in virginia rather than indiana (well... the second reason... the first being my family is there... sigh))

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Hey Chicago nerds! You are more than welcome to come to our Des Moines meet up! Here's the thread:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/43276-des-moines-ice-skatingdinner-meetup/

Pirate Kender Druid, Level 3

1.5 STR | 1 DEX | 1 STA | 7 CON | 3 WIS | 3 CHA

Specializes in flexibility, determination, promoting peace and giggling

Spoiler

"And though she be but little, she is fierce." -Shakespeare

"She loved life and life loved her back."

"It does not take a majority to prevail, only an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."

-Samuel Adams

"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in." -Ricky Fitts, American Beauty

"I owe to God the gifts given me, to God alone. Without Him I am nothing." -Sergei Rachmaninoff

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. -Matthew 5:9

Elder, yeah I plan on running the Super Spartan in September.  Though I haven't decided whether I'm going to pay for it yet.

One nice thing about the Spartan Race Series is that if you agree to volunteer for the race half the day you get to run for free in a future race or that race in a Volunteer wave on the other half of the day.  I'm going to be running a Spartan Sprint here in a couple weeks in Tampa (I'll be down visiting family) I've registered as a obstacle volunteer, manning something from 6:30 am to 1 pm, then racing in the volunteer wave at 2 pm.  

If it goes well and I have a good time I pretty much mean to make it my habit, as there are several other Spartans I intend to run, Chicago, Indy, maybe go visit my brother and run the one in Virginia. 

So even though I've got the early registration email as well, I'm going to wait to see if I like volunteering. 

Either way yeah, I'll be there. 

"By trying to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain." - Aesop 2,500 years ago.
Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
STR 6|DEX 4|STA 13|CON 11|WIS 5|CHA 8
Zombies, Run! Profile

Elder, yeah I plan on running the Super Spartan in September.  Though I haven't decided whether I'm going to pay for it yet.

So even though I've got the early registration email as well, I'm going to wait to see if I like volunteering. 

Either way yeah, I'll be there. 

Sweet!  Keep me posted.  

. I am Elder . Woosah . Sunshine . Plants . Fur babies . New book smell . Cinnamon . Pepperoni Pizza .

I'm also down for Captain America. Though, as always, specifics with work will only make themselves known much closer to the date. =)

• Like 1

5'11"/180cm

7/1/18: 184lbs/83kg @ 18%   | 1RM Bench:~150lbs/68kg Squat: ~250lbs/113kg Dead: ~315lbs/143kg
8/5/18: 174lbs/79kg @ 16.4%
Goal      155lbs/70kg @ <15% | 1RM Bench: 205lbs/93kg Squat: 265lbs/120kg Dead: 335lbs/152kg

Challenge: N/A | Previous: 1

The planning sorta took a back seat after Steve stole my thunder :) But yeah. I was thinking probably woodfield simply as a well known large location. Though if anyone has any ideas or suggestions for another theater I'm all ears.

As a side note April 5th is international Table Top Day. There are some events happening around the area. Don't know if anyone would want to play games before movie or vice versa.

• Like 2

"By trying to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his ass in the bargain." - Aesop 2,500 years ago.
Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
Zombies, Run! Profile

Aesop- I'm assuming you mean the AMC at Woodfield?  The one in Schaumburg?

If so, I got the movie times for Saturday (4/5) and Sunday (4/6).  Maybe we can all pick which one will work best for next week.

Saturday: 2:10pm; 5:10pm; 8:10pm; 11:10pm

Sunday: 2:10pm; 5:10pm; 8:10pm

"Clear your mind of can’t." -Samuel Johnson

"Life has two rules: #1 Never quit and #2 Always remember rule #1." -Unknown

I kept reading Woodfield, but kept imagining Woodridge. The Woodridge theater is nice, but the Quiznos is gone, which broke my heart so much I haven't been back.

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

Yeah that's what I was thinking. It's big near the interstate. And everyone knows the mall.

Personally I'd be up for the 5:10 or the 8:10 on Saturday.

Before that my girlfriend and I will be participating in International Table Top day at Izzy and Moe's bar about 11 miles from Woodfield. You are welcome to come and join the fun. I'm bringing Sentinels of the Multiverse.

http://www.tabletopday.com/item/izzy-moes/

Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
Zombies, Run! Profile

Well this hasn't been well organized. I'm a book binder by trade and it is Yearbook season. I'm slammed with work and overtime. Well like I said my gf and I will be at Izzy and Moe's to play the boardgames. Then head up to the mall for the 5:10 cap I'm thinking. I'll be sporting one of my NF shirts.

Level 4 Half Ogre Ranger
Zombies, Run! Profile