Chicago?

YOOOO, CHICAGOANS

I am coming home Dec. 23 - Dec. 28. Obviously it's the HOLIDAYS, so most people probably have schedules packed with flurries of family festivities, but if not I'd love to meet some of you. I obviously don't have a car out there (or here actually), but I'm from Wicker Park, so right in the city and can get most places within city limits pretty easily with L and buses. 

For the fitness-related activities, all I have planned right now is probably going to NOVEMBER PROJECT on Wednesday morning, bright and early at 6:30 AM, assuming they still do it on Christmas Eve, which I'm sure they do because they are probably both #weatherproof and #holidayproof if I had to guess. I'd be glad to see any of your faces there. :D

If anyone has a gym that does free drop-ins in the city, I'd be down to do that also. Can't let that workout schedule slip, amirite?

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Not in Chicago, but am not far. I'm out in Romeoville, if anyone is from that area! Would like to find some people to work out with. Trying to find some motivation, so any help I can get! Thanks guys and girls!

HOLY MOLY!  

Guess where I'll be tonight?   ROMEOVILLE.

I play hockey out there at Canlan on I55/Weber.    Part of the Rampage womens hockey team and that's our home ice.    We've got a home game tonight in fact at 9:40pm if you want to stalk us from afar. ;)

Welcome to NF fellow suburbanite!

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

I will be in northern indiana for my kids spring break... the last week of march... (29 mar-4apr).... 

planning a day trip over to chi-town for some nerdliness with @starpuck and @mir (whatever her nf name is now :P )

which day of the week would work best to meet the most people??

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

considering taking the train over... so it would be nice if I could meet someone NEAR the amtrak if we want to meet somewhere away from there... Starpuck and I had burgers at this awesome place that I forget... :)

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I get to hang with AJ again and meet the infamous Mir?   Well that /is/ exciting.    The place we ate Jenn was DMK Burger.   They're neato because their beef is all grass fed so it makes for happy Paleo People!  Paleo ... People... Paleople!?  Paleeple!?

Ahem.  Anyway.   Let me know where the Amtrak station is that you'd be coming into.  There are a few.   If you like I can peruse the area and let you know, if I know of any of the places nearby being good or not. :)

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

i'd love to meet some of the Chicago folks!  There's a new climbing gym a mile from Union Station if anybody's interested in checking that out - http://brooklynboulders.com/chicago/.  And it's not far from a bunch of food options on Randolph St.

Current Challenge: 

Past challenges: 2014 Jan 2015 April 2015

Level 2 Human Adventurer 

STR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 2

“There is only one way to learn. It’s through action. Everything you need to know you have learned through your journey.† ~The AlchemistPaulo Coelho

I'm thinking Sunday. ... the 29 th. ... I'm not sure how to figure out stations I've only ever ridden Amtrak once in my life. ... I think it depends on who all wants to go to Chicago. ... if more than one kids it might be cost prohibitive to ride

Spoiler

ATTENTION ALL HOCKEY FANS (or people who want to meet nerds and watch hockey) ...

On Jan 31st, my eKiwanis club is participating in Kiwanis Night at the Chicago Wolves game to raise money for the ELIMINATE project. $4 of each ticket sold will be donated to Project Eliminate.

The match is the Chicago Wolves versus the Rockford Icehogs

We will be ordering a block of tickets in the $20.50/person section so we can all sit together. 

Unfortunately, I was not on the ball to post this early enough and if you want to go, you'll need to sign up by TOMORROW, Friday Jan 9th.  

If you'd like to go, you can pay via PayPal using this link: http://www.ekiwanis.org/members/wolves.php and put down that Heather referred you.   Also - please let me know if you paid and are going to join us!

Parking is $13, but we have in the past gone to eat at a local restaurant, parked there, and carpooled from there to the game to save the mobneys.

@starpuck - you know you want to gooooo

Battle Log of Awesome

Current Challenge: maigrey goes MAD ..ison

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 34(ish), 5(ish)6(ish)7(ish)8(ish)

There is also the french market and eataly near union station (yum).

Also, if you do drive you might want to do what Mir does and drive to the south shore line and take that in.  Then you don't have to deal with parking...

We need to do a nerd-out at eataly sometime..preferably after my 6-week sobriety ends tho..I've heard nothing but amazing things about that place, lol

Sounds awesome Maigrey, just need to make sure I have none of my own hockey games on that day!  And dammit.  I do. :(  At 6:15 in Evanston.    Totally no way to do both.

• Like 1

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

so it looks like the 29th that I will be c oming into chi-town... thinking it will be me and one kid (probably daughter child) if it is just us I will use the train... 

when I look at amtrak to see the trains going into IL I recognize chicago (union station) 

puckster I don't know which would be the closest train station to that restaurant (which I loved and want to go to again)

also IF we train could someone pick us up?

Spoiler

looking at the different things though it looks like there is only a 948 PM train into chitown :(

so idk if it will work... if someone  could help me I would appreciate it

Spoiler

looking at the different things though it looks like there is only a 948 PM train into chitown :(

so idk if it will work... if someone  could help me I would appreciate it

What's your starting station?

I'm checking Amtrak now..just choosing random stations in Northern Indiana (I grew up in South Bend)..and I keep getting results that leave and arrive in the morning, nothing at night.

Also are you using Amtrak's page or another one to research this?

It will be Michigan city. ... or Beverly shores

Spoiler

And I was on Amtrak

Spoiler

You are correct..that train must be running on a different track if it's not hooking up with the others.  Odd.

You do have another option, it's a bit less comfortable but it has earlier options in the day, the South Shore train runs right through there.  It originates in South Bend, IN and stops in Chicago..the final stop being quite literally under the big ol' Bean in downtown Chicago.

http://www.nictd.com/riding-the-train/schedules/westbound/saturday-sunday

I've ridden it multiple times throughout my life.  It's a fair option if you don't need to be on Amtrak.

I think that's the one I'm thinking of. ... is that one not Amtrak?

Spoiler