Now I don't want to blow my own horn,

but toot-toot.

From June 6, 2011 to June 6, 2012 I've done the following:

• I've exercised 247 of 366 days, only missing time for pre-planned vacations.
  • I've gone from struggling to run two continuous minutes to being able to run 30.
  • When I started I struggled to do 10 pushups. I did my first one-arm pushup last Sunday.
  • I couldn't do a single pull up last year. I did five after my run today, just to see if I could.
  • I've lost 20kg/44lbs. of weight.
  • I've lost 20cm/7.9 inches off my waist.
  • Using the same website & measurements, my body fat percentage went from 30.9% to 21.9%.

On my run today, I decided to do a sort of "retrospective" run. I tried to run a part of as many different routs I've taken as I could. On one of my first runs I tried to run up some of the stairs at the giant soccer stadium I run at. The first time, I struggled to make it to the top and there was a group of college kids who mockingly cheered me when I made it to the top. Today, I ran up it like it was nothing, didn't break my stride. And on one of the long straightaways I ran down a lady on bicycle. She was halfway down the road when I got on it, and granted, she wasn't going fast at all, but I put on some speed, and by the end of the road, I'd caught up to her. I've often imagined other runners are prey and I'm the predator, and that's helped motivate me on my runs. It felt good to know I'd improved as much as I had.

When I started, I told myself that my running program was only 10 weeks and that I'd give paleo a try for a month. After the first month of paleo, I didn't look back. After the 10 weeks of running, I had no desire to stop. I'd get excited on the train ride home thinking that I was going to get to run that afternoon. Looking back at my first, introductory post, I've noticed I've hit my goal, fluctuating between 84 and 86kg since around December.

I'm still not where I want to be, but I'm getting there. And I'm a hell of a lot closer today than I was one year ago.

And I have to give a big THANK YOU to everyone here in the Rebellion; those I talk to now, those I don't, those that have fallen off and left, and those that are yet to come. When I started I wanted accountability and support, and I have gotten that.

You have been somewhat silent, but you have been killing it! Gets me wondering where I'll be in a year...

Yep. THIS.

Excellent, excellent work!

Dwarf = Squad Adventurers

...walking all over that whole 'old and decrepit' thing

Why am I not playing along this time? Uhhhh...can you say crash, boom, ow?

I may be almost 50 - but I hardly act my age. Follow me for mercurial, smartass randomness: @betsywhim on Twitter.

Perfect example that real progress is made slowly. Your consistency is an inspiration to me.

Whiteraven

Monk

STR 5.75 | DEX 3.75 | STA 7.5 | CON 4 | WIS 6 | CHA 2

Equipment: The Gauntlets of the Wind SPD +1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To do anything in this world worth doing, we must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger, but jump in, and scramble through as well as we can.

Sydney Smith (1771 - 1845)

Current Six Week Challenge!

My NerdFitness Blog

My General Blog

I love the one-year time lapse post! Sometimes we notice the small milestones, the small victories, and forget to look at the HUGE strides we've made since we started. I am so happy for you, and so inspired by you! WoooooooooooooooOoOOOOOOOOTTTT to you!!

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom