Greetings! 2010 was one of the worst years of my life and one of the best (depending if you're optimistic or pessimistic). My father died, my marriage fell apart, and I haven't been able to find a full-time job, and this morning I put my 14-year-old dog to sleep. On the plus side, I discovered that I am gluten intolerant (in addition to being allergic to dairy), returned to school (to become a teacher), gotten involved in education advocacy and professional development activites, learned I may have ADHD, began traveling the country, and new and amazing people have come into my life.

Christmas 2008, during a stint with tonsilitis and bronchitis, I discovered I had hit 360 pounds - the most I've ever weighed. Since then I've lost 60 pounds, but I've hit a block. I want to completely switch to a Paleo diet.

My first challenge is committing to an exercise/activity routine long enough so that it becomes a habit. I walk quite a bit, but I don't enjoy using that as my only form of physical activity. I want to do strength training as well lots fun and sweaty cardio.

My ultimate goal is to get my weight somewhere between 150-175 pounds and to be curvy and toned.

I greatly enjoy NerdFitness.com and I look forward to the upcoming 28-day challenge. :-)

There's no telling what we might discover if we decided that anything was possible.

www.twitter.com/ringingmybell

Hallo hallo! That sounds like one heck of a year... On top of everything else, I'm sorry to hear about your dog. : (

That said, congradulations on changing your life for the better. Paleo is absolutely wonderful once you get used to it. We can definitely help you out with that.

In terms of exercise, having the goal of losing weight is great, but what do you want to DO? What sort of activities are you shooting for (unless you really dream of being on an exercise bike or something in your ideal image)?

I really look forward to watching you in the 28 day Challenge. It starts today!! Pick a Class and hop in!

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

Well, the way your 2010 was all depends on the perspective you take of it. Focus on your accomplishments, focus on your progress, and focus on what you are building upon. 2010 is a launching pad for 2011. For that matter, no point in waiting til 2011, no point in saying that 2011 is the reason for doing it. Your new YOU starts today.

Congrats on dedicating yourself to new habits, we are all here to help.

I'm not 100% sure of all the activities I want to do. I know that walking is important and I want to work on building back up to 3 miles in 60 minutes (right now I'm at 2 miles in 60 minutes). I also want to work on strength training and flexibility. I'm surprisingly flexible given my weight, but I want to be even more so. I don't have any money to spend on new accessories, so activities that I can do with just me +/- my iPod touch are perfect.

There's no telling what we might discover if we decided that anything was possible.

It takes a self-assured and optimistic person to list so many amazing accomplishments after such difficult obstacles. Way to go! I totally hear you on the making-it-a-habit front. I tend to get really excited, make lots of spreadsheets (I love me some excel), and get mentally pumped but then taper off when I have to do any physical pumping of irons or legs. I love love love the feeling during and after exercising so for me it's just the getting started that I put off. I'm glad you are on the same team as me, let's rock this challenge!!!

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

I love love love the feeling during and after exercising so for me it's just the getting started that I put off. I'm glad you are on the same team as me, let's rock this challenge!!!

I'm glad we're on the same team too! Feel free to "stalk" me on FB or Twitter. :-D