Hey guys. My name's Kevin and I'm a junior at the University of Illinois. I'm 20, 5'9" and 150lbs.

In terms of my "fitness history," for a long time I wasn't really active in any meaningful way. I took tennis lessons for like 5 years and then quit in High School. I didn't really get back into fitness until the spring/summer before my freshman year of college when I completed C25k and joined a gym. I had all the intention of continuing to run in college, but then got really involved and let fitness fall by the wayside. Summer before my sophomore year I got back into running again... and then stopped again when school started.

So now I'm back here, the summer before my junior year. I'm staying on campus, have my own apartment, I'm cooking for myself and have recently restarted C25k [W4D2] and hitting the campus gym. I like running, but recently was introduced to the rowing machine... and I'm kind of obsessed. Anyway, I'm hoping that having this community will help me stay motivated even when school starts =].

I guess I'm an adventurer for now, but I eventually want to be a scout.

I have a few short term goals:

- Complete C25k

- Run the Firefly Run 5k on 09.15.12

- Row 2000k on the ERG

- Row 3000k on the ERG

- Make at least 1 New Dish a week for the rest of my summer session [8 weeks]

Let me know if you guys have any helpful tips/advice for me. I can't wait to get to know you all =D

Kevin

Half-Satyr Adventurer, Level 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 6 | CON 4.5 | WIS 6 | CHA 5

about me. | twitter. | dailymile.| fitocracy.

Challenge: 1. 2.

Hey Kevin! Always good to have a new adventurer on board :D We're about 2 weeks out from starting a new 6 week challenge (I think?) - it'll definitely keep you motivated. I'm just finishing up my first challenge, it's been such a life changer!

What kind of cooking are you into?

Level 2 Adventurer ║ STR: 1 ║ DEX: 1 ║ STA: 2.25 ║ CON: 3.75 ║ WIS: 8 ║ CHA: 6.25

Current quest - round 2, again!

Bucket listFacebookPinterest

Thanks everyone for the awesome welcome!

Now to answer some questions:

tekilla: In the past I was really into baking. Fun fact, I once made over 300 cupcakes for a funeral. But now I've been transitioning into making "real" food since I'll be living in an apartment on campus next year. Last weekend I made spicy sausage and broccoli pasta, asian meatballs and black bean quesadillas.

**Quick note on anyone who wants to cook more [i don't know if I'm allowed to plug other sites here]... definitely check out budget bytes, they have super simple, cheap things to make..

Sirearl: The firefly run is just a 5k that happens after sunset in various cities: http://fireflyrun.com/. It'll be my first race and I'm running it with my cousin, but you're all welcome to join me haha.

SewRose and Tekilla, I'm so excited for the next 6 Week Challenge! We're gonna kill it!

Kevin

Half-Satyr Adventurer, Level 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 6 | CON 4.5 | WIS 6 | CHA 5

about me. | twitter. | dailymile.| fitocracy.

Challenge: 1. 2.

Hey! I'm new too and also starting to try to cook at least one meal a week for the fams. Thanks for recommending Budget Bytes! Been going through it and it is an awesome blog!

Adventurer | Level 1

CON: 0 | STR: 0 | STA: 0 | DEX: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

On Hiatus

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life — It goes on" -- Robert Frost