• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Karma Stu

Eating to gain weight and strength

Lu Faringno, Arnold, jay cutler, Dave Tate, Wendler, Kroc = big

any body regardless of height at 140 pounds =/= big

My wife warms up her squat at 140#, 140 is not big.

To be fair, I think it's a matter of semantics. Not big, per se, but big-ger. You may not be able to get Arnold big doing a bodyweight program, but you can get bigger. There's a good argument to be made that iron is the more efficient route (i.e. you don't need to learn new forms/leverage positions to increment resistance), but if you like that better there's no reason not to follow that path.

Additionally, while there are certain points at which it's irrelavent (someone who's 75 lbs will never be big and someone who's 350 lbs will never be small), the qualifier can vary from person to person. I've been heavier than Brock Lesnar before (thankfully I'm not anymore), and I doubt anyone would say I was bigger than him. You were obviously stating that 140 is small either way like I said 75 was, but it bears repeating I think.

Quick googling brings up:

12 large eggs = 924 calories, 75 g protein, 63 g fat, 6 g carb. Figures can vary slightly.

1 gallon whole milk = 2335 calories, 125 g protein, 127 g fat, 176 g carb.

For more Paleo Diet hacks: dozen eggs vs gallon of milk a day - PaleoHacks.com

No where near as effective as GOMAD, but I'm sure many people would find a dozen eggs easier on the stomach.

No where near as effective as GOMAD, but I'm sure many people would find a dozen eggs easier on the stomach.

I actually think the egg one is better, it's got a better macro spread, and noone said you had to stop at 12. 48 egg omelettes, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Not for bulking, those massive amounts of carbs from the milk is key to bulking.

For maintenance, a dozen eggs a day is awesome. Low carb/Hi fat is a great macro cycle. And they're yummy.

Not for bulking, those massive amounts of carbs from the milk is key to bulking.

For maintenance, a dozen eggs a day is awesome. Low carb/Hi fat is a great macro cycle. And they're yummy.

A fair point, I was considering it with cheese but even then you're probably right about milk being superior