• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KiraWild

Aussie Rebels?!

Oh no I love the summer! Swimming, gardening, water skiing, breakfast in the park with the lads, wildlife in abundance ( especially our place ), what's not to love? Besides, snakes, big ones and large monitor lizards eating the eggs out of the chook yard!

Where I live summer doesn't last very long, already 5.00 am is getting darker, pushing my walks further back.

Thom from 84-87 I swam for Merredin as I was boarding at the Hostel there for school.

I like summer too but we had the hottest week on record 3 weeks ago and we are looking at 35+ for the next 4 days again. In terms of wildlife we had hundreds of flying foxes dropping dead out of trees during the height of hot spell.

25-30 is perfect in terms of enjoying the sun and still being able to go out and do things but what we have seen recently has been stifling and keeping most people inside trying to get to a civilised temperature.

My tomatoes are going well though :)

• Like 1

I emigrated from the UK so it's all good over here, I love all the seasons in Aus but spring and autumn are my favorite. Nice clear blue skies but not too cold to be out and about enjoying yourself comfortably. Yeah summer is hot but it doesn't last that long and the fishing is good!

LOL, my partner always puts it in perspective, where he works it can be a constant 45-47 degrees c during the day with 30 degree nights, and he gets around in work boots, long shirt ( tucked in for OH&S ) and long pants.

The trouble for him is our winters and acclimatising in the winters, coming down here to 0 and even negatives, he builds the fires up to a point of melting furniture!

I just hate that feeling of cold on the skin, it almost hurts sometimes.

I guess I would have to live in Dorn and not North of the Wall.

• Like 1

Hi there. Anyone from Melbourne? I live in Monbulk, up in the hills near The Dandenongs.....

Nice. Monbulk is beautiful.

I'm in the Northern suburbs. There are a few of us on here.

Are you going to be getting involved in the next 6 week challenge?

Nice. Monbulk is beautiful.

I'm in the Northern suburbs. There are a few of us on here.

Are you going to be getting involved in the next 6 week challenge?

Hi there! Not sure yet about the next challenge.....just restarting my journey on NF for the second time round and really want to stick to it, so want to get my diet right and excercise plan underway before committing to a challenge. I was a Monk, but need to change and I'm sure which group I fit into yet. How long have you been a part of the community?

• Like 2

Hi there! Not sure yet about the next challenge.....just restarting my journey on NF for the second time round and really want to stick to it, so want to get my diet right and excercise plan underway before committing to a challenge. I was a Monk, but need to change and I'm sure which group I fit into yet. How long have you been a part of the community?

I have been on here for about 8 months and done a few challenges since about July last year.

I find that the challenges have helped me organise my food a bit better and being part of the challenge community has also given me greater exposure to different foods as well. I'm here mainly for weight loss and since June last year I have lost about 9kg's and about 15kg's over the past 18 months. Still got about another 7 to go but it seems much more achievable than it did when I first joined up.

• Like 3

I have been on here for about 8 months and done a few challenges since about July last year.

I find that the challenges have helped me organise my food a bit better and being part of the challenge community has also given me greater exposure to different foods as well. I'm here mainly for weight loss and since June last year I have lost about 9kg's and about 15kg's over the past 18 months. Still got about another 7 to go but it seems much more achievable than it did when I first joined up.

You're absolutely right! I did think about it a bit more after I posted that....my only hesitation is that I ended up focusing so much on achieving the challenge that I didn't really achieve my goals the first time I tried a challenge. I spose' it's about getting back up and trying again, so I may join. I really need to remember that I'm not alone and there are so many people to talk to and no go at it alone! Just not sure what group I fit into. I don't to my Thai boxing anymore due to injury so Monk doesn't really fit, just more of a try a bit of everything type of girl, but more focused on strength training with weight loss in the mix. Need to look at the guilds again I think. 15 kg's over 18 months is awesome, I hope you are proud of that achievement! Do you follow programs that are on the site or do you have a program from a gym?
  • Like 1

Adventurers is a good place to stay with lots of support. I really needed it when I stayed or on NF. If you work hard and you're lucky a guild leader or experienced member will take you under their wing ;) whatever gold you join there will be folk to support you anyway. Best of luck :)

• Like 1

Adventurers is a good place to start with lots of support. I really needed it when I stayed or on NF. If you work hard and you're lucky a guild leader or experienced member will take you under their wing ;) whatever gold you join there will be folk to support you anyway. Best of luck :)

You're absolutely right! I did think about it a bit more after I posted that....my only hesitation is that I ended up focusing so much on achieving the challenge that I didn't really achieve my goals the first time I tried a challenge. I spose' it's about getting back up and trying again, so I may join. I really need to remember that I'm not alone and there are so many people to talk to and no go at it alone! Just not sure what group I fit into. I don't to my Thai boxing anymore due to injury so Monk doesn't really fit, just more of a try a bit of everything type of girl, but more focused on strength training with weight loss in the mix. Need to look at the guilds again I think. 15 kg's over 18 months is awesome, I hope you are proud of that achievement! Do you follow programs that are on the site or do you have a program from a gym?

If you were willing to take one step back to take 2 forward you could try the newbies guild? That's only been around the past 2 or so challenges so it gives you the feel for the challenge without having to choose just yet where you think you fit in.

Some days I am proud of it, some days I am impatient and wish it was more. Just gotta go with the flow and keep doing the right things.

Initially i just started walking. My daughter was 2 or 3 months old and my wife had some mobility issues following the birth so i would just rug Emma up put her in her stroller and walk. It gave all 3 of us a break from everything. I started with about 2.5km walks and after a few months was regularly doing 6km walks a few times a week and every now and then throwing in a 9km walk.

In January 2013 I was 3kg down after 6 months. I got a cook book and started cooking dinner 5-6 nights a week. After about 6 months of that I was down another 5 kg's. Then in October last year I started on IF using the 5:2 diet as my guide. So I have lost another 7kg's in the past 4 months.

I also ride my bike sporadically, I am up to week 4 of the Max Capacity training app, I did the NF BBBW for a month. I have started and stopped the 100 pushups app a few times.

Last year we challenged ourselves to not have McDonalds for a year, we rolled that this year in to no take-away from a place with a drive thru.

There have been lots of little things that when stuck to over a long period of time have been helping to make a difference in how I am feeling and how my body shape presents itself.

Oh and I have done the past 5 challenges and they really tend to keep me honest. When I fail a task in 1 challenge I usually put it into the next challenge to help me build on it and engender a sense of not giving up but rather getting second chances to do things right.

If you do the next challenge I bet that there will at least be a half dozen Aussies cheering you on as well as all the Yanks!

• Like 2

Another Perthite here! Are there any planned meets for Perth?

Welcome! There are no "official" meets, the best way to get one going.... :)

• Like 1