Warrior Team: Team Coco

Alethea

This tank is incredibly strong and powerful, pushing weight like it’s his job. Big, bulky, and strong as an ox, Warriors constantly try to push themselves to be bigger, better, stronger. Eating and lifting are the only two things Warriors worry about.

Your Team Leader is the unstoppable, uncompromising Dantes, a man who Lifts Very Heavy Things. Unfortunately, Dantes will not be here for the first week as he decided he would prefer sunshine, water and warm New Zealand beaches. Spezzy has courageously agreed to juggle Warriors as well as Rangers for a week. Don't worry. Your fearless leader will return.

Task 1: Make a Team Name.

The Team:

Dantes

Spezzy (Honourary Warrior)

clawed_bear

Makotoisle (Mako)

JoshEnglish

Prefect42

Harmonix

Vorclyman

(Updated as at 1/2. PM me if I missed you! - spezzy!)

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

Hey hey hey! We're warriors, not barbarians! Warriors keep groups together by defending the healers in the back! If anything, we're the glue that holds everything together.

It's the barbarians that swing their clubs around wildly without paying attention that break things :o

I suppose you are correct in this, but I am an enlightened barbarian, so I always know where my clubs are relative to myself and teammates!

Hey guys, hope you all had an amazing new years. I've been mia for a few days out of town.

Feel free to do a mini introduction with what ails you, what you're amazing at, what you're trying to get better at.

How do you all feel about mini challenges?

I'm thinking small things which are strength related but not always the norm.

I'm thinking a weighted pull up competition for the first one.

Right a brief intro.

Name: Dantes will do

Height: 5ft 10"

Weight: Hover ~80kg

Favourite lifts: Powercleans, Weighted chins

Most Hated Lifts: Overhead Press

(Best lifts are in signature)

This challenge I'm trying to improve my squat, powerclean, overhead press and weighted chin.

I've been suffering from a niggling back pain and I'm trying to work around that at present so my training weights are far below my bests which saddens me greatly.

When I train I use a variety of different rep and set schemes. I have been known to do sets of singles on heavier lifts and the rep range tends to vary with the lift itself.

I've tinkered with various 5x5 and linear progression methods in the past.

Any questions/anything you think would be cool to promote within the team just hit me up and we'll get it going.

Well, it looks like we failed on 'name our team before our fearless leader returns'. Sorry Spezzy, I did try...

So Dantes, welcome back, though I wasn't here when you left. How was vacation?

As for my intro:

Name: Jake. Call me what you like within reason, though as a barbarian warrior I would caution you to choose your words carefully...

Height: 5' 9''

Weight. I'm hovering around 320. Hoping to get that down to 250 and 18 % bodyfat by the end of the year, and then 2012 will be the adventure of dropping down to 10 % bodyfat. I'd like to see abs sometime in this lifetime [rolls eyes]. That and defined biceps...and for everyone out there, I realize that I could probably lose the weight faster, but am trying to be sane, sensible and I'm not sure I WANT to give up carbs at this point. Please be somewhat patient. If I don't see progress by March, I will change more dietary habits...

Favorite lift: Kettlebell snatch, farmer walks.

Most disliked lift: Cleans w/ a barbell. There's something evil about that arm position. The carpal tunnel does not like you! Though because of the weight position, I don't have that issue with the kettlebell clean...

Due to current budget restrictions I am stuck with several pairs of dumbbells and kettlebells [honestly, I hate the gym. I can play my music as loud as I want when I'm working out at home -- disturbed anyone?]. I'd love a challenge, but can't even lift my bodyweight for a pull-up quite yet. Give me a couple months, okay?

You can read about my challenge in my post in the forum...well, this link 'should' work: http://nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?1541-I-am-a-lumbering-Ogre-Warrior-Barbarian!

Height: 5' 9''

Weight. I'm hovering around 320. Hoping to get that down to 250 and 18 % bodyfat by the end of the year, and then 2012 will be the adventure of dropping down to 10 % bodyfat.!

I am the same height and at 170, you must have a crap ton of muscle to be 250 and at 18%. What is your deadlift?

Actually, I'm at 320. I want to be 250 or so and hit 18% body fat [well, if the numbers don't match up I'm sorry...I want 18% bodyfat, I'm not sure what that looks like in terms of weight. I just gave myself a random number of 70lbs to lose]. Right now my scale has me pegged at 40 something. Sigh...

You know, I haven't worked out with the deadlift enough to give you a good number, and with the absence of a gym membership, it'll be a while before I get back to it. My old trainer had me going for high reps and low weight, but with my current kettlebell program I could 'probably' smoke my previous weight of about, oh, 80lbs or so...

October 2009 I was able to leg press 800lbs, if that gives you a reasonable idea of my insanity [yeah, what was I thinking?] level. I'm back down to about 350 the last time I hit the gym...

Now I'm down to kettlebell swings, snatches, cleans and presses, and farmers walks. I enjoy working out at home. Loud music, my desires, my training schedule and my sadistic cruel nature to push myself harder than I've ever done. Now if I could just figure out how to convince myself that veggies taste good...

Welcome Clawed_Bear, we can never have too many warriors and we'll definitely show those silly rangers how to kick ass!

"Silly"???

Are you calling Aragorn silly?

Are you calling Walker, Texas Ranger silly?

Are you calling Marcus Cole silly?

Rangers, past, present and future, know how to kick ass!

Human Ranger, level 1

STR 3, DEX 2, STA 2, CON 2, WIS 4, CHA 2

––––––––––––––––––––––

I am a Ranger. We walk in the dark places no others will enter. We stand on the bridge and no one may pass. We live for the One, we die for the One.

"Silly"???

Are you calling Aragorn silly?

Are you calling Walker, Texas Ranger silly?

Are you calling Marcus Cole silly?

Rangers, past, present and future, know how to kick ass!

If you say so. My illustrious and fearless leader has declared war, and as the resident barbarian warrior, I say bring it! The silly rangers are going down...

All in good fun of course ;)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines