Assassin Team:

Alethea

To assassins, the world is one giant playground. Every building can be climbed, every gap can be jumped, every obstacle can be conquered. Assassins spend most of their time training with functional body weight exercises as that’s usually the only thing they need to lift.

Fearless, calculated, and efficient, Assassins have low body fat percentages because extra weight could mean the difference between life and death on a mission. They have solid endurance as well, allowing them to progress through an obstacle-filled environment without breaking a sweat. Balance and precision are crucial. Being able to jump long distances is great, but being able to jump accurately is more useful. Overshooting a jump to a rail could lead to serious injuries. And on the occasions when things do not go as planned, assassins must be able to rethink plans quickly, change directions, and adapt plans silently and without panicking, hence the importance of learning moves like safety vaults (for passing a wall without knowing what is on the other side) and rolls (for converting momentum when landing unexpectedly or from great heights).

The Leader of the Assassins is the fearless ALR, who stares adversity and pain in the eye and doesn't blink. She smiles.

Your task: Decide on a team name.

Team Captain:

ALR

Team Members:

labore et Scientia

anne

chuff80

CokeCan Ninja

Eggy365

Exobyte1011

mrklove'

rxninja

tei

TheSeeker

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

"There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength." - Henry Rollins

im thinking not many nerds are assassins. they wud come from skaters and punks-- especially the ones who run from the pigs. i plan to challenge myself in some assassin skills in a couple months, once ive got my strength up. so dont let the team die!

on the move...probly not here, or where it says i am over <there

You'd be surprised, Abraki. : P Don't worry, they're out there.

"Let another say. 'Perhaps the worst will not happen.' You yourself must say. 'Well, what if it does happen? Let us see who wins!' ".

- Seneca, 63 AD

im thinking not many nerds are assassins. they wud come from skaters and punks-- especially the ones who run from the pigs. i plan to challenge myself in some assassin skills in a couple months, once ive got my strength up. so dont let the team die!

I may have looked more like a skater or a punk in my day, and I did get sent to the alternative high school for punkish antics, but in my heart I have always been a nerd. Thank God by college I had realized that the only way to really outsmart the pigs was to really outsmart them, and to unleash the inner nerd who had always been the event coordinator for my friends anyway, planning things so we could get away with all sorts of mayhem and not get caught. I'm not embarrassed to be both now, although in the interest of not mortifying my kids, I have taken out the piercings. I dye their hair pink instead of my own these days and let them think they are the ones who came up with the idea. Everyone should get to feel like they invented freedom when they are young.

As the captain of the assassins, I plan to bully cajole and cheerlead as much as necessary to not let the team die (now that my computer is working again, ahem, sorry about the late start there) and will look forward to seeing you in the next challenge. All skill levels are necessary and welcome though so don't let being new discourage you!

alr

"The future will be different if we make the present different."

Peter Maurin

No Assassins yet!?

Also, do you send Assassins on suicide missions ala AC: Brotherhood?

So far no suicide missions, but I'm thinking that in a couple of weeks we should have a suicide mission each to pick one of the other teams skills and kick their asses with it. I can put some druids to shame on the asanas and I bet each of you has a superpower that you can use to tear up someone else's skill tree. What do you think?

alr

Peter Maurin

Can I join the assassin team? I like body weight exercises cause that's about all I can afford the equipment for!!!

me too! And the broker I get, the easier they get cause I can't afford to keep my weight up and have less to lift! Bodyweight is the way to go!

Peter Maurin

So far no suicide missions, but I'm thinking that in a couple of weeks we should have a suicide mission each to pick one of the other teams skills and kick their asses with it. I can put some druids to shame on the asanas and I bet each of you has a superpower that you can use to tear up someone else's skill tree. What do you think?

alr

I love this idea! I didn't join Druids because I hate yoga and I hate pilates and I hate meditation (so yeah, not a good fit), but my flexibility is pretty good. I can touch my fingertips to me heels in a bridge? Or, y'know... I could a few years ago... I'm sure I can get it back!

YOU CAN'T RUN FROM PIGS WITH NO GRAVITY

Everyone, to keep you updated, dear ALR has been hospitalized due to a sneaky and underhanded attack by bacteria. She remains in high spirits, being the unstoppable sort she is, but she won't be around for a little while.

In the mean-time, continue rocking your goals, supporting eachother, and I understand Tei has a website on her thread which shows basic parkor videos. In french, so you can multitask and up your foreign language Skills at the same time!

- Seneca, 63 AD

What's fantastic about the assassin team is that there are so many of us. It's just that most of the time, you can't see them.

I'm never one to turn down a challenge, Spezzy! But I am one to postpone a challenge.

I'll do this and post my results on the weekend.

6WC.

Labore ad Scientia - By work and by knowledge.

"If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves."

What's fantastic about the assassin team is that there are so many of us. It's just that most of the time, you can't see them.

I'm never one to turn down a challenge, Spezzy! But I am one to postpone a challenge.

I'll do this and post my results on the weekend.

oh, you dont have to do it right now. at some point this week :D

maybe i'll take part also. if i do, do those burpees count towards my total burpee count?

“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines