It's gonna be a ruckin' good time!

RedCedar

I jumped in late on the last challenge, so this is gonna be my first full challenge. I allowed myself to lose some focus last time around, and did not commit myself fully, but I was able to complete my first unassisted chin-up! (~1/3 of the way to a pull-up, the ultimate goal!) Because of this pretty awesome accomplishment, I am crediting myself with a level up.

Level 2 Huttling Adventurer

STR: 6.75 | STA: 3 | DEX: 2 | WIS: 2.75 | CHA: 5.75 |

CON: 3.5 (+1 while wearing my NF hoodie)

(these stats include the weekly challenge bonuses)

On to the good stuff...

Fitness goal #1 Play an entire game of Rugby 7's. Some of my old rugger buddies have talked me (a large, slow prop with asthma) into playing summer 7's with them. I played some Rugby Union back in college, and wasn't bad. I even made First Team All-American for DII my freshman year. But it has been a while since I've played regularly and let me tell you, I am waaaay out of rugby shape, let alone 7's! By the end of this challenge, I want to be able to at least hang with my mates for the full 14 minutes. [+3 STA]

Fitness goal #2 Move more! Last time around I did great with my diet... but working out seriously fell off the table. I am setting myself the challenge of not letting more than 2 consecutive days go by without a workout. (Rugby practice, c25k, or body weight workouts all count, as long as I'm moving and gettin sweaty!) [+2 CON, +1 WIS +1 STA, +1 STR]

Fitness goal #3 Break through the weight plateau! I know I shouldn't be concerned about the scale, but I just can't let it go. I have been stuck for a while at the same weight and it is driving me crazy! By the end of this challenge I want to be under 200 lbs. [+3 CHA]

Life goal: Get a job! My AmeriCorps term is coming to an end (Mid-Aug.), which means I've got to figure out what the hell I'm doing next. I have been in the process of applying and applying and applying for positions... but nothing has worked out yet. I have had several interviews that have gone really well, but just as many " We really liked you BUT..." answers. I keep coming in 2nd place it seems. By July 30th, I want to know for sure what my next adventure will be. (Anyone out there in need of a good Environmental Educator...?) [+2 WIS, +2 CON]

RedCedar uses the pronouns they/them/theirs. What pronouns do you prefer? 

Here is a fun game to help learn/practice pronouns that might be new to you: http://minus18.org.au/pronouns-app/

Last Challenge

Favorite Challenge

I said to the sun, "tell me about the Big Bang".

The sun said, "It hurts to become." 
~A.G. 

15's is definitely more my game, being a prop and all. Practice was a good time this evening, had a good turn out and got to do a little tackling :) The sprints and passing lines kill me, but it feels good when it's over, and I like working on two goals at once.

No updates yet on the job prospects, but hopefully I hear something soon.

Haven't decided on which path to take for this weeks mini challenge, I could use both DEX and WIS points.

Here is a fun game to help learn/practice pronouns that might be new to you: http://minus18.org.au/pronouns-app/

Last Challenge

Favorite Challenge

~A.G. 

Good to see some other former ruggers! I played weak side wing mostly, but I played second row one time when we were down men in the back... What a disaster haha.

“Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal.â€
- E. Joseph Crossman

lvl 1 Cylon Assassin 

STR 3 CON 2 STA 3 DEX 3 WIS 2 CHA 2

~Adapt and Overcome~

Challenge http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/22528-new-beginnings

Log http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/22111-elefevers-log/

hahaha, always a good time when you throw unsuspecting backs into the scrum...

On another note, I have finally heard back from an Outdoor Science School in California. This one is my dream job, and I thought a lofty goal still slightly out of reach. But a month ago I threw my hat into the ring anyway, just to see. My persistent emailing has paid off and today, I HAVE A JOB INTERVIEW!!!

Everyone think good thoughts around 11:00 AM (PST) :)

Last Challenge

Favorite Challenge

~A.G. 

Ah, good luck with your interview! That sounds absolutely amazing. Will definitely be sending the good vibes!

Aisha
Half-Giant Warrior, Level 5

STR: 7 || DEX: 6 || STA: 8 || CON: 7.5 || WIS: 12.5 || CHA: 5

Challenges: 5 4 3 2 1

If you have come here to help me, you are wasting your time.

But if you have come because your liberation is bound up with mine,

then let us work together. -Lilla Watson

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines