No Idea What I'm Doing - But I Like This!

Hello all!! I just found Nerd Fitness less than a week ago, referred from Criss, who I found randomly on Izismile.

I freely admit that I am a fitness and dieting NO0B. Like, srsly. I have been a little squishy for as long as I can remember, but looking back at photos of myself in high school now (or even a few years after high school), I LONG to be that size again. I've never had much success with trying to lose weight. I think the most I've ever lost is maybe 10 or 15 pounds. So basically I have been slowly (or sometimes quickly) gaining more squish over time, up to the point where I am now 28 years old and 195 pounds (aka Very Squishy).

I need this to change! 30 is rapidly approaching and I'd love to be in good shape and meet that milestone with a smile. I also definitely want to have kids in a few years, and I want my body to be as healthy as possible for that.

Here's a timeline of my weight gain since 2004:

six%2520year%2520weight%2520timeline.jpg

As for my goals, of course I want what everyone wants: to feel and look good.

More specifically....

I would feel like I'm making decent PROGRESS at 170-175

I would be NOT UNHAPPY at 150-160

I would be PLEASED at 140-145

I would be EXCITED and SMILING until my face hurt around 130-135. I don't ever remember being 130. Maybe before high school.

A little about my body: I'm 5'3", hippy and busty, fairly sturdily built. I am not, and will never be, "petite" (nor do I wish to be!) I just want to have my curves back, rather than be a squish-blob.

I want to be strong, but not muscular. I want to be able to do the Grouse Grind in an hour or less (Length: 2.9 kilometres - 1.8 miles, Elevation Gain: 853 metres - 2,800 feet) and I want to be able to swim 2km in ocean currents without getting tired. I also wanna look hot in a swimsuit :D

:strawberry:Hobbit Ranger, Dragon Slayer, Crazy Cat Lady, Beekeeper :strawberry:

Sixth Ranger Challenge

Hi All!!!

Here's a little update on my progress.

First and most important, I feel awesome! I am motivated and dedicated and I feel like I can actually DO this. I'm gonna PWN.

I'm moving towards are more Paleo diet. Not 100% but that's what works for me :) I'm eating WAY less wheat and processed food and way less refined sugar.

As for exercise, I'm continuing my weekly hiking and most weeks I try to up that two two hikes or hill walks. I'm going to an hour-long exercise class every Wednesday and all the other days, I'm trying out some of the body-weight exercises I've found on here. I just borrowed a small weight to start myself off and hopefully I can look into purchasing some more weights.

So how am I doing so far????? Well I started off at 195 pounds.

Today is my weigh-in day (every Monday and not allowed on a scale any other time) and the verdict is....

185! :D YAY!

I feel SO fantastic! I have way more energy and I'm excited to exercise and I'm loving the food I am eating.

Oh yeah, and I decided I'm a Hobbit, and I'm obviously related to the Bagginses because I'd like to be an adventurer!

:strawberry:Hobbit Ranger, Dragon Slayer, Crazy Cat Lady, Beekeeper :strawberry:

Sixth Ranger Challenge

OH YEAH! And know what's super fun??

Get your "workout" playlist going while you're sitting at your computer doing whatever nerdawesome thing you do and BOUNCE and WIGGLE :) Super Fun!

Right now I'm all like

<bounce bounce bounce>

bow-ba-bow Won't you take me to bow-ba-bow Funky Town bow-ba-bow

<bounce bounce bounce>

And also,

<wiggle wiggle> And another one gone and anther one gone another one bites the dust! <wiggle wiggle>

Oh yeah, and also,

<wobble wobble> Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring BANANA PHONE <wobble wobble> ;D

Sixth Ranger Challenge

10 lbs is a very good start!

Welcome!

very soon- you'll be posting the above pics in reverse!

Thanks! I will definitely do some photos to show my weight loss. And I plan to not only reach but exceed my lowest weight in those photos! :)

I'll be doing monthly photos and July 11th is my one-month anniversary in the Rebellion so pics coming soon!! :)

Sixth Ranger Challenge

I've just happened upon this thread at all, and I think the timeline of photos is such a good idea! I'm now inspired to go create my own, to act as a motivating force...

good luck with your goals!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mist, Level 3 Half-orc Adventurer

STR: 5 | DEX: 3 | STA: 3.5 | CON: 5 | WIS: 8.75 | CHA: 4

Third time's the charm - My current challenge thread

Interested in my progress? - My First Challenge & My Second Challenge

I've just happened upon this thread at all, and I think the timeline of photos is such a good idea! I'm now inspired to go create my own, to act as a motivating force...

good luck with your goals!

Thanks! The timeline was really motivating for me. I also have a compilation of pics from my past in which I thought my body looked really good and I can see my body slowly moving towards that shape again! :)

Yay for not being a BLOB! :D

Sixth Ranger Challenge

You've had that bag for six years... I wonder if I still have stuff from 2006.

Oh, right, motivation and support... EAT TRAIN SLEEP!

There's actually 3 different bags in that series of photos! They're all pink, though, because nearly everything I own is pink. I still own all of them. I keep things a long time, especially if they are pink and cute :)

I once kept a bf for 10 years! He wasn't really pink... but he was kinda cute.

Sixth Ranger Challenge

OH YEAH! And know what's super fun??

Get your "workout" playlist going while you're sitting at your computer doing whatever nerdawesome thing you do and BOUNCE and WIGGLE :) Super Fun!

Right now I'm all like

<bounce bounce bounce>

bow-ba-bow Won't you take me to bow-ba-bow Funky Town bow-ba-bow

<bounce bounce bounce>

And also,

<wiggle wiggle> And another one gone and anther one gone another one bites the dust! <wiggle wiggle>

Oh yeah, and also,

<wobble wobble> Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring Ring BANANA PHONE <wobble wobble> ;D

Hahah! That is fun. Welcome aboard!

Sea Level

Vintage Sea-elf Assassin

Current Challenge: Sea Level I : Respawn
Pro Aris et Focis

"To the Sea, to the Sea! The white gulls are crying, The wind is blowing, and the white foam is flying."

Hi all!

So in high school when I had a mid-day spare block, my friend and I would lurk in the hallways and goof off, often spending ridiculous amounts of time practicing our Bridges, Back Bends and, of course, LIMBO! (How low can you go?)

I was absolutely fantastic at it and if it weren't for my gigantic breasts, I would probably have won every limbo I ever participated it. I swear, I really rarely fell down - I would just hit the bar all the time with my giant jugs.

So anyways. I aged, I fattened, and I lost my flexibility and my back-bending skills... I've been practicing, stretching, strengthening and de-fattening for a month now...

Want to see the results??? Of course you do!

DSC04805.JPG

DSC04810.JPG

YAY!

(I haven't tried a back bend yet - just the bridge - ie I started from my back and arched up, not from a standing position, bending backwards)

Sixth Ranger Challenge

Totally inspiring! Way to go!

July 2012 Weight: 330.2

August 2012 Weight: 325

"Could I have been anyone other than me?" - Dave Matthews

I am Co-Host of "Converse in the Ninjaverse", a podcast devoted to all things pop culture and nerdy! Check us out on itunes and Stitcher

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]