No Idea What I'm Doing - But I Like This!

Well my weekly Monday Weigh-In was a little disappointing...

Saturday I was looking good at 175, Sunday 175 and then Sunday I was hovering back up around 176+.

Weighed myself again this morning and was around 175.

I got a decent amount of exercise (see above climbing trees and jumping rope in Vancouver's Van Dusen Gardens) but I had a couple of treats, which means no weight loss! The Cauliflower pizza crust was freaking amazing but definitely too much cheese! Found another recipe with almond flour instead of cheese in the crust so next time (maybe next week?) I will try that one. Also had a pasta-breakdown on Sunday night and ordered in from my favorite restaurant. I got a salad and a giant plate of Penne Alla Toscana (penne with creamy pesto sauce), which also came with a piece of pita bread... Yup, carb-crazy night.

So this week I'm going to behave and totally kick butt! :)

:strawberry:Hobbit Ranger, Dragon Slayer, Crazy Cat Lady, Beekeeper :strawberry:

Sixth Ranger Challenge

You are still kickin butt though!

July 2012 Weight: 330.2

August 2012 Weight: 325

"Could I have been anyone other than me?" - Dave Matthews

I am Co-Host of "Converse in the Ninjaverse", a podcast devoted to all things pop culture and nerdy! Check us out on itunes and Stitcher

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awesome progress already! I love your photo timeline. Wish I had one but for years I have hated getting my picture taken. :-(

I grew up having hundreds of pictures taken all the time. Both my parents are photographers so cameras have always been a big part of my life. I love to have my picture taken and I love collecting pictures of myself (maybe a bit narcissistic but meh lol).

When I was up to 195, I started hating having my picture taken. I didn't want to see what I looked like. I didn't want to see how my body was changing into a blob. I have always loved my hourglass figure, and that was quickly disappearing... I knew there was something wrong when I started refusing to pose for photos....

Speaking of photos, I forgot to post one from the Renaissance Festival!!!

427431_10150957212973231_1466385624_n.jpg

217819_10150961122083321_2068294533_n.jpg

:strawberry:Hobbit Ranger, Dragon Slayer, Crazy Cat Lady, Beekeeper :strawberry:

Sixth Ranger Challenge

As for my goals, of course I want what everyone wants: to feel and look good.

More specifically....

I would feel like I'm making decent PROGRESS at 170-175

I would be NOT UNHAPPY at 150-160

I would be PLEASED at 140-145

I would be EXCITED and SMILING until my face hurt around 130-135. I don't ever remember being 130. Maybe before high school.

Well here I am, 6.5 weeks in and I have met my first goal.

As you see quoted above, on June 11th, weighing 195 pounds, I stated that I would feel like I was making decent progress at 170-175.

Today I weighed in at 174 :tickled_pink:

Now, to be honest, I have felt like I've been making progress since I lost my first 10 pounds. I could see and feel a difference right away and my quality of life has improved a lot in the last 6.5 weeks. I still feel really proud to have reached my fist milestone, though. Definitely happy!

I hope to participate in the next 6-Week Challenge but I need to come up with some goals, so I'm putting my (pink) thinking cap on! If you've got any suggestions, please feel free. This will be my first 6-Week Challenge so I'll take all the help I can get to get me started in the right direction :)

Here are some pics of my weekend:

Kayaking and taking pictures of baby seals at Rocky Point in Port Moody, BC

165980_10151068456617384_2046786418_n.jpg

Trying (unsuccessfully) to ring the bell at the Country Fair in Maple Ridge, BC (look at those leg muscles - holy cow!)

388148_10150975140613321_904693776_n.jpg

Bein' badass with my inflatable flaming sword and pink chainmail earrings

487237_10150975141868321_8049439_n.jpg

Sixth Ranger Challenge

Congratulations on your amazing progress. You are so inspiring - not least because you're getting out and doing stuff - hiking, kayaking, climbing trees... it's brilliant. Over the past couple of years I have been very unhappy with my size and the way I look and as result have become more and more hermit-like. It really hasn't helped. Must get out more! You look fabulous, keep it up.

Well, my check-in is a little late this week. It was a long weekend (BC Day on Monday) and I was away on Salt Spring Island for the weekend.

The bad news is I was staying with my parents, who LOVE bread. They've gotta have their toast in the morning and they looked at me like I was an alien when I told them to put 4 eggs on for the three of us :/ So I did NOT eat well this weekend. I ate out a lot and ate a lot of bread. <sigh>

The good news is that I got so much exercise that I continued my plateau instead of gaining weight! Yay! I went kayaking, hiking, walking, clamoring over rocks, and woke myself up with jumping jacks and push-ups every morning :) It was excellent!

Here are some pics from my weekend:

580848_10150993974313321_1755412059_n.jpg

417417_10150993969758321_1274222953_n.jpg

388092_10150983295303231_260044647_n.jpg

405180_10150983310673231_1473438085_n.jpg

Sixth Ranger Challenge

I need some help setting up my goals for the 6-week Challenge. I didn't prepare for it cuz it snuck up on me and then I was away all weekend. Now I'm back and I want to get started!

I've been doing some Brainstorming this morning. I think one of my goals will be to do The Grouse Grind. It's a serious hike up one of the Coastal Mountains. Major elevation gain. To do this I'll have to train with weekly hikes, lots of stairs, and some calf-raises and squats.

I'm thinking a chin-up should be one of my other goals.... Steve's got a Pull-up Training post which looked great. I'll start with making my own weights (10s and 25s) from sand, ziplocs and hot pink duct tape. Then I'll do the dumbell rows, work my up to rows and inverted rows and then try to do a chin-up and then a pull-up :)

Not sure what else to do.... Maybe a weight one.. or measurements. Or fitting into old clothes...

For the life goal, it'll probably be financial.

Help?

Sixth Ranger Challenge

Deadlifts, reverse leg raises, planks, one legged squats (pistols), swings with a kettlebell or sandbag...

Level 2   Human   Ranger

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------STR 7.7  CON 4.8  Battle Log  We are Rangers.DEX 2.0  WIS 2.9               We walk in the dark places no others will enter.STA 4.9  CHA 3.3               We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

You're welcome. For more ideas maybe also take a look here: http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/HipsWt.html#anchor169231

Level 2   Human   Ranger

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------STR 7.7  CON 4.8  Battle Log  We are Rangers.DEX 2.0  WIS 2.9               We walk in the dark places no others will enter.STA 4.9  CHA 3.3               We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

Here is my 6-Week Challenge Thread

You can see pics of me on The Grouse Grind :) My time was 100 minutes and my goal is under 90. My friend did it in 48 minutes. I didn't get a photo of him but he has recently grown an epic blonde viking beard and I think that may have made him go faster ;)

I've decided to finally post my monthly bikini photos. The first one was taken a little late. I started my journey at 195 but didn't take photos until I was 190.

So here they are... I made a little compilation with a couple bonus pics on the side of me "sucking it in":

2%2520months%252022%2520lbs.jpg

Sixth Ranger Challenge

So my outlook has changed a lot since started to eat more Paleo....

Once upon a time, when I was just a wee lass, there was a Vietnamese Pot-Bellied Pig fad. Everyone was getting little piggies as pets. I wanted a pig. So.... since I wouldn't eat a dog or cat and rabbit, I decided I could no longer eat pigs, either! NO CUTE THINGS! (I had already long ago given up lamb) I never did get a pet pig but since they were now categorized in my head as "pet," I completely stopped eating them. That was maybe... 20 years ago, perhaps more. When I was 15 I started dating a vegetarian (and I was with him for 10 years). When I was about 16, my BFF and I decided to try not to eat beef for a month to see if we could do it. That lasted for about 13 years. I ate vegetarian a lot for those 10 years but still stuck to my chicken, turkey and fish when I wasn't cooking for the bf. Since starting Paleo, I have been eating LOTS of chicken, turkey and fish. So much chicken, in fact, that I was getting a little bored of it.... so I started thinking of other options...

My BFF and I stopped at the Keg 2 nights ago and had this:

574706_10150993769653231_1846059397_n.jpg

SO. FREAKING. GOOD.

My old rule: No Red meat, cute things or weird things.

My new rule: No cute things. (pigs are NOT cute)

Sixth Ranger Challenge

You are making amazing progress. I'm even happier to see the change in mood and self confidence exhibited in your pictures. Way to kill it.

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: Milythael Acts Like an Assassin

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011 12
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

I was supposed to go to Wreck Beach yesterday for some beach relaxation time and a swim and the long staircase back up out of there.

... but my neighbours decided to have a loud conversation from 3:30am until 6:30am... So I was tired aaaallllll day. I ended up just taking a stroll around the bird sanctuary.

But last night I slept well and I had energy today!!! YAY! So I started my day off with what I have come to call my "Like a BOSS workout" (which involves a 30-pound sandbag). Did ten of those to warm myself up. Went Kayaking with a friend, was done that by about noon so decided to make the trip down to Wreck Beach. Walked the beach then back up the stairs. Then went to another beach for lunch. Got my car washed on the way home so now I have a shiny ride :)

Good day overall!

I might go for a walk later, not sure yet. Maybe I'll just chill for the rest of the evening.

Sixth Ranger Challenge