• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Loyal

The Book of Loyal

Alright here's my goals:

Lose 5 pounds. Not hard. It's fine for a start.

Make myself get up early and run.

Eat as close to 100% clean as I can and maintain 5-6 meals a day.

Get 7-9 hours of sleep at night.

And most importantly, get myself back in the habit of consistently doing all of these things.

Well, here's how today's going.

Only got around 6 hours of sleep. lame. :|

weight: 217.5

I'll get my measurements later and get them up tomorrow.

Workout

(yesterdays)

Note: My workout is organized into circuits so each set corresponds to the same numbered set in the next workout of the circuit rather than to the next set in it's own list.

5 min warmup - jogging in place/jumping jacks

Ab workout

Wood-choppers

1x10x10

1x10x15

1x10x20

Swiss Ball Crunches

1x20xbodyweight

1x30x15

1x20x20

Swiss Ball Leg Raises

1x20xbw

1x30xbw

1x30xbw

Swiss Ball Planks

1xBWx30 seconds

1xBWx40 seconds (alternating lifting legs 10 seconds each)

1xBWx1 min

Swiss Ball Superman

1xBWx20

1xBWx20

1xBWx20

Upper Body Lifting Workout Circuit

Dumbbell Rows

1x20x10

1x12x15

1x10x20

1x8x25

1x6x30

1x12x25

Swiss Ball Dumbbell Chest Press

1x20x10

1x12x15

1x10x20

1x8x25

1x6x30

1x12x25

Bicep Bodycross Dumbbell Curls (I can't find the name for these so I just made it up, lol. It's the bicep curl where you hold the weight hammer style and curl across your body with a more natural movement rather than straight out in front of you. )

1x20x10

1x12x15

1x10x20

1x8x25

1x6x30

1x12x25(immediate superset - Standard Bicep Curls 1x5x25 - 1x20x20) I had to spot myself on this one a bit.

1x20x15

5-10 min of stretches

Diet

Breakfast: 8am

Had 2/5 cup (when uncooked) oatmeal with 1/2 of yogurt, 1/4 cup milk, and a pinch of raisins and cinnamon mixed in.

Two eggs and two strips turkey bacon.

I'll munch on almonds, a banana, and an orange across the late morning while I'm out and about.

That's all I've had thus far and I usually get on here only in the mornings so a lot of my updates will most likely be for the previous day(and I'll always say so at the beginning of the post if it is).

The Book of Loyal sounds like a videogame I'd want to play. Wizards and kickass magic spells and such.

-Steve

It totally does! Maybe I'll write up an outline and pitch it to someone. ;)

Can never have too many good wizard games.

Continuation of Tuesday

Diet

Meal - Salad

Snack -Quick cup of Chicken salad and a banana on my way out the door.

Meal - Salad with chicken salad tossed on top.

Snack - post workout proteinshake

Workout

warmup - jogging in place - 5min

Dumbbell Squats (i really need to get a bar and plates)

1x20x15

1x20x25

1x20x30

1x20x40

1x20x50

1x12x60

1x8x70

(I prolly could have done a lot more but I was pretty tired and i needed to get up early so I cut it short)

stretches - 10 min

Today

So totally did NOT get enough sleep. Didnt get to bed until like 1 and I didnt fall asleep until at least 2.....and then my bro jumped on me at 6:30 to go running.

Workout

Finally got up and ran. wootWOOT! It was cold...and wet...and foggy. yuck. But facing that is what sets us apart from all the other people who sleep in and then sit around all day. I ran about 2.3 and walked 1 mile which isnt bad for the first time this year. ( I havent ran since October....WAAAAY too cold up here :shock: ). But I'd like to build up to 5-8 by the end of the summer.

Diet

snack - Protein Shake (post run)

Meal- 2 egg omelet stuffed with broccoli, chicken salad, and sprinkled with cheddar. (delicous ;d )

Will be snacking on almonds and some raisins while I'm out of the house today.

First of all, i meant to post yesterday but didnt find the time, but just so its clear- I did great the last two days. Eating, exercising- it was all good. Even sleeping. Everything was great! :D ...Ooh. And I weighed in at 215. Which is already -2.5 since monday. Odds are a lot of that is water weight or something, but it always feels nice when the scale is good to you.

Onto TODAY.

I got to bed at 10:30 last night, which is extremely early for me, so I started of today with a decent night's sleep which is nice.

I meant to get up at 6 and go running, but I literally hit snooze twice without knowing it. So I unfortunately didnt get a chance to run before I had to go out and attack the day. But I think I'll try and do it later or in the morning.

DIET

Meal: Bowl of oatmeal with plain yogurt, milk, and cinnamon mixed in. 2 eggs and a handful of broccoli.

I'll be munching on almonds, walnuts, and raisins throughout the day.

yesterday afternoon

Meal: Turkey burger on a slice of homemade whole grain bread. Light salad with spinach and broccoli.

Meal: Turkey burger on a slice of homemade whole grain bread. Cup of homemade vegetable soup.

Snack: (preworkout) protein shake

Snack: (postworkout) protein shake

workout

Abs Circuit:

Oblique Side Benders (no idea what they're called. they're from the Abs Diet book)

1x10x10

1x10x15

1x10x20

Swiss Ball Crunches

1x20xbw

1x30xbw

1x40xbw

Swiss Ball Leg Raises

1x20xbw

1x30xbw

1x30xbw

Swiss Ball Planks

BWx30sec

BWx1min

BWx1min

Swiss Ball Superman

1x10xbw

1x10xbw

1x10xbw

(I could have done a lot more of these but I find them a little boring. I need to learn more swiss ball back exercises)

Lifting Circuit

Dumbbell Rows

1x20x10

1x12x15

1x10x20

1x10x25

1x8x30

1x6x35

1x20x25

Dumbbell Swiss ball Bench Press

1x20x10

1x20x15

1x15x20

1x10x25

1x8x30

1x6x35

1x20x25

Today

Didn't get nearly enough sleep. Stayed up late watching movies. :lol: That tends to happen on friday nights.

Oh well. It happens. I didnt run this morning like I wanted to either because I had to head out the door right after I woke up. So I'll get on that a bit more agressively starting on monday.

Diet

Meal: Had a 2 egg omelet with a bit of cheddar and stuffed with broccoli. A bowl of oatmeal with 1/2 cup of plain yogurt and a spot of milk and cinnamon mixed in. Topped with a few walnuts.

I'll be munching on an apple, some almonds, and some raisins while I'm out today.

Alright, wasnt able to post all weekend but its all good. I ate clean and the workouts were great!! :lol:

Today

Diet

Meal: 2 egg NOcheese omelet stuffed with 3 pot stickers(which are the healthy version btw), and a bowl of oatmeal with a dash of milk, almond, walnuts, cinnamon, and raisins mixed in. A little larger than I usually eat but my body was calling for it.

Meal: Bowl of wild rice and chicken stir fry.

Snack: Grapefruit

Workout

Havent done it yet but I plan on doing Dumbbell Squats again later on.

...Ooh. And since everyone else seems to be doing their own little State of the Challenge Address, here's mine:

Weight: 216 - Not quite as far as I'd like by now but I'm pretty sure that I've been gaining some muscle along with the loss of fat, so this isnt neccesarily a bad thing.

Diet: All has been good. I eat 6 meals a day consistently and dont mess myself up over the weekend. And I didnt over do it when I threw a wrench in on sunday( I had some ice cream so my body cant always predict my diet).

Sleep: I was doing pretty good up until the weekend, but the last few days have been bad. I've been staying up way too late (I started playing KOTOR again :D ) and then getting up way too late also. Soooo... I'll need to get better on that.

Routine: Here's one place that I've been rockin! I do cardio every other morning and then lift every afternoon 6 days a week. I really love squats and overhead shoulder presses. I never used to, but I do now. So I am totally back in the swing of things here.

Ugh. I'm tired today so I think I'll just do a quick update.

I havent been sleeping nearly enough, which is weird cuz I've had a lot of free time lately.

I've come to realize that I'm a naturally nocturnal person. But I'm still trying to change that.

Diet:I've been eating fine and dandy although I have had suger cravings lately and had to throw some honey into a few of my meals to subside it.

Workout: Lifting - good, cardio-bad. :lol: No, I just haven't been doing as much straight cardio as I'd like, but I have been working it into my lifting routines which I've been performing religously.

This last weekend was a bit of a tricky one. I took my day off on Saturday as usual....and then Sunday happened. I had a going away party for some friends that I went to and I ate mostly healthy (minus the desert I threw in as a wrench in the system). ...and then some of us went walking on some trails near the house and got a little bit lost. Anyways, we ended up walking about 6-7 miles....and I got some lovely blisters on my feet cuz I forgot to bring the right shoes. Fun fun.

So I ended up NOT doing my Squat routine last night like I planned because I was was kinda worn out from the walk and I figured it would be better to get to bed at a decent hour anyways.

Today

Ate my usual breakfast of 1/2 cup (when uncooked) oatmeal with 1/4 cup milk, some walnuts, and cinnamon mixed in, 2 eggs and 3 strips turkey bacon.

...and I'll be eating walnuts and raisins while I'm out and about today.

I've been eating too many carbs lately. It's like my body is trying to get me to eat bad but instead I throw in some bran flakes or some whole grain bread.

Things could be better.

Workout (yesterday's)

Warmup: jogging in place -8 min

Abs Circuit

Lifting Circuit

Dumbbell Rows

1x20x15(in each hand)

1x12x20

1x10x25

1x8x30

1x6x35

Superset:

1x35x25 -Bent Over Dumbbell Flys 1x10x15

Dumbbell Shoulder Press

1x20x15(in each hand)

1x12x20

1x10x25

1x8x30

1x6x35

Superset:

1x20x25 - Upright Dumbbell Flys 1x10x15

Stretches

Today

Slept a in a bit cuz I was up late.

Meal: Two eggs. 1/2 cup Oatmeal with a bit of yogurt, milk, almonds, cinnamon, and honey mixed in.

....and I'll once again be eating almonds and raisins while I'm about today.

BTW: I may be posting my final results friday rather than monday because I have a 24 hour film competition that I'm doing this weekend so my body will most likely be pretty shot after that. Wish me luck!! ;)

Oh, and if anyone has any good advice on how to keep from going insane when you're up for more than 24 hours, it would be more than welcome.

Update

I've been stuck at the library today for a few hours so I decided to take a walk on some beautiful trails that run through the woods in the surrounding area. It's ridiculously amazing outside today.

Anyways, I really did just a leisure walk but I ended up covering around 3-4 miles. Fun fun. I would have ran but I didnt have anywhere to ditch my backpack.

Well, today will prolly be the end of this for me.

My final weight is 215 which is not where I wanted to be but I ended up gaining muscle along the way since I really was only doing lifting and not much cardio (besides the weight circuits).

So I lost 2.5 lbs according to the scale....and I most likely gained a few pounds of muscle. I never did find my calipers so I don't have an exact measurement or anything. I only missed one day of lifting and that was because I was a little worn out from a long hike. So I coutn these three weeks a success. :) I'm prolly gonna switch it up over the next few weeks and concentrate primarily on shredding fat rather than building muscle because I've spent the greater part of a year gaining muscle and I'm ready to really be able to see it.

Anyways, the next few days are gonna be a little crazy and I'll prolly have to eat just to stay awake, but I hope to come out of this with my lifestyle intact.

Well I actually survived the last weekend. I was awake for 34 hours for the 24 hour video contest I was in and ended up losing 3 pounds in the process(which totally isn't healthy) but I ended up rebounding and getting it back the next day anyways. Ooh. and I slept for 15 hours afterward which was fun. :D

My original goals:

Lose 5 pounds. Not hard. It's fine for a start.

Make myself get up early and run.

Eat as close to 100% clean as I can and maintain 5-6 meals a day.

Get 7-9 hours of sleep at night.

My final results: I would probably give myself a B-. I didn't lose as much as I wanted (only 2.5 lbs) but did exactly the opposite and gained muscle. My sleeping patterns have been better but they aren't 100% yet. Prolly more like 70%. I havent been running everyday mostly because I went in a totally different direction and started doing lifting splits 6 days a week instead. My diet is the one thing that I'm totally happy with. I eat healthy about 95% of the time and I'm really in the habit of it now.

So as long as I stick with it, I'm happy.

My final results: I would probably give myself a B-. I didn't lose as much as I wanted (only 2.5 lbs) but did exactly the opposite and gained muscle. My sleeping patterns have been better but they aren't 100% yet. Prolly more like 70%. I havent been running everyday mostly because I went in a totally different direction and started doing lifting splits 6 days a week instead. My diet is the one thing that I'm totally happy with. I eat healthy about 95% of the time and I'm really in the habit of it now.

So as long as I stick with it, I'm happy.

Hey, you did an amazing job!! Gaining 2.5 lb of muscle is awesome, and the fact that your diet is now 95% healthy. Good stuff!! Also totally cool profile pic

Hey, you did an amazing job!! Gaining 2.5 lb of muscle is awesome, and the fact that your diet is now 95% healthy. Good stuff!!

Thanks!!! :D

Technically I said I lost 2.5 of fat, but I most likely did gain around 2.5 of muscle also. So it's all good.

Also totally cool profile pic

Thank you. i'm a photoshop addict so you'll prolly see quite few of these on here from time to time. Photoshop is the best!!!

Sign in to follow this