CalvinHobbes is keepin' consistent this challenge...

CalvinHobbes

No WOD. So sore.

MWOD x 3. So fun. But ouch.

Holy studying and anxiety. Must survive through Saturday!!

Diet bad--one cheat meal, and I've decided no more cheat meals. I've been asked to be in a wedding at the end of October and when attempting to order my dress I realized my body is awkwardly shaped, where my waist is far too large for my hips so I can't even order my dress online without attempting major alterations. Not sure if I have to lose actual pounds or just fat, but diet is more than 80% of whatever it is, and I'd like to look good for this. My dress is tight and strapless, and no one wants to see that. Luckily I have until one month prior (September 20th-ish) to order it. I figure if my diet is spot on for the rest of the challenge I can re-assess where I am at the end and make adjustments for next two months.

6.28.12 Worked all day and the heat got to me, so I didn't run at night again. Doh. 100% paleo though. Studied some.

CrossFit WOD:

Skills: Turkish get-ups 15 lb kettlebell 5 each side, kettlebell snatches 15 lbs 2x5 each arm

Strength: Deadlift 3x5- 95, 115, 125, 135, 135

WOD: AMRAP 16 min 4 Turkish get-ups each side (15 lbs), 6 deadlifts (95 lbs), 8 kettlebell snatches each side (18 lbs)

I made it through 3 rounds (went over hte 16 minutes to get through that last round but I'd rather finish). WOW I suck at Turkish get-ups. Major struggle each time--these probably took up 75% of the time and I messed up on them 4 or 5 times, meaning no rep but definitely wore me out. I'm going to practice them at home tonight without any weight, just because I kept getting all jumbled on the form.

Taking boards tomorrow (wish me luck, I need it, I'm very stressed) and then open gym on Sunday. I'm going to start the Wendler 5-3-1 program, and Sunday I'm planning on doing a 1RM for squat, deadlift, and overhead press (and bench press? not sure how this program is supposed to be) but hoping I can lift 1-2 times a week in addition to CrossFit. I don't think that it will be even close to over training--after the WODs I feel energized the rest of the day, and I think some extra strength can really help me.

Test done. No idea how I did. Will know by Monday...I got the minimum amount of questions which is supposed to be good, and I did a "trick" where you try to re-register and I can't, which is also supposed to be good.

Then...I ate the most amazing, non-paleo food in the universe that might be considered healthy if you ignore the cookie and cheese and wheat in the quesadilla. I deserve it.

Yay for taking the boards! Hope the results are what you're hoping for!

hoping I can lift 1-2 times a week in addition to CrossFit. I don't think that it will be even close to over training--after the WODs I feel energized the rest of the day, and I think some extra strength can really help me.

Completely agree with this (for myself anyway). If I had time, I think my body could handle working out way more, and I think increasing your strength training (obviously within reason) can really help!

YAY!

i think you should sign everything R.N.

i mean, why else did you take the test? ;)

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Thanks everyone!

Nightlight: Someone did indeed write [my real name], RN on the board at CrossFit today.

Speaking of CrossFit...

Not the best of WODs for me (Fran). I think it was the non-paleo weekend but I was weak and dehydrated. On the squat thrusters I got an excruciating pain in my shoulder that I had surgery on. Not a sore kind of pain either. I'm going to have an ortho at work look at it tomorrow, but my old PT thinks it's just because I'm building strength then it's getting tight. I also suck at kipping pull-ups (shocker, since I suck at dead-hang pull-ups). I really need to get in there and test all my 1RM so I can start Wendler additionally to work on strength.

I always get the impression that Fran isn't anyone's best WOD. I haven't met her yet, but I've seen a few of the ladies now, and a couple gentlemen, so I have a sneaking suspicion it won't be long. I'm kind of excited. When we do thrusters it's usually 95 pounds Rx'd, which is the only weight I can do Rx yet. I don't know what Fran calls for, but hopefully it's the same. Plus I got the chinups down. Pretty sure it'd be the first girl I can do Rx'd so I'm anxious to try

Congrats in the Rn! That shit ain't easy. That must feel amazing after years of hard work

I always get the impression that Fran isn't anyone's best WOD. I haven't met her yet, but I've seen a few of the ladies now, and a couple gentlemen, so I have a sneaking suspicion it won't be long. I'm kind of excited. When we do thrusters it's usually 95 pounds Rx'd, which is the only weight I can do Rx yet. I don't know what Fran calls for, but hopefully it's the same. Plus I got the chinups down. Pretty sure it'd be the first girl I can do Rx'd so I'm anxious to try

Yea I can't do pull-ups which makes it worse. I'm pretty sure it's 95 but I was nowhere near that weight! Maybe one day. I really want to do a WOD RX'd.

ugh, fran sucks. seriously.

and rx'd for women is 65lbs.

hope your shoulder feels better today.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

OK so rough few days. Diet good overall, few small cheats here and there (ok 2 beers last night wasn't so "small", but I made friends in Arizona!) but I am still incapable of cooking a decent meal. It's terrible.

Haven't made it to CrossFit since Monday because of the holiday schedule and my own personal schedule with work, and I'm dog sitting and one of the dogs is sick. I'm going to do some bodyweight WODs from home in a bit.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines