[td]STR :

DEX :

STA :

WIS :

CON :

CHA :

[/table]

BIO:

When last we left our half elf warrior she was dancing with delight (hey, warriors like to boogie) at the end of a successful quest to become more formidable. So, let's catch up..

Our warrior stopped dancing long enough to evaluate her last quest and set up some new goals based on her findings.

Findings:

• The never ending battle against squats continues. New form issues arise and vanquish our warrior at each turn. The latest: bowing ankles/overcompensating inner thighs-- must. be. destroyed.
  • The Omega 6 and Saturated fats in her life are overpowering those other, friendly fats. Our warrior favors balance and will need to pay more attention.
  • An inexplicable decrease in ability to perform chin ups or half assed pull ups. MUST END!
  • She will not do all the things but she needs to focus on some things. Smaller scope=results!

This leads us to:

GOALS!

FITNESS:

As always, the warrior wants to be strong and mighty! So lifts must increase...

Add 25 lbs total to big 3 lifts

Current working sets:

• Squat: 110
  • Bench: 90/95 (for sake of this challenge I am counting weight added after I hit 95 again since this is deload weight)
  • Deadlift: 225

Hammer pull ups

Test and retest progress at beginning and end of challenge. .5 STR and .5 CHA will be awarded if goal is hit but no progress is made.

• Work pull ups and chin ups 4 days/week. Pull up bar at home, prepare to do more than hold my laundry.

Mobility aka devilish details

Our warrior used her +2.25 WIS from last challenge to learn that her ankle bowing problem is called pronation. She also discovered its kryptonite: MOBILITY! and YOGA! The combination is sure to be the deadly blow. Squats shall be conquered.

• Foam roll 6 days each week
  • Do other mobility 5-6 days each week

-One day must consist of new (to me) mwod or comparable exercise

-Calves, ankles, feet must be mobilized 4 of said days

• Yoga 30+ minutes 3 times per challenge--either class at gym or at home.

Increase the activity!

Must be active for at least 30 minutes 6 days each week.

The following will be considered active: workouts, yoga, cleaning the apartment, walking-leisurely or not, grocery shopping. Mobility work will count if I do it for 30 minutes.

DIET:

Our warrior has conquered the beast called Leangains. She now reaps the benefits and will continue to do so. Bwah ha ha.

However, with her focus so determinedly set on Leangains she forgot to watch the rest of her diet. Fats are tricksters and must be watched.

Battle for balance!

• Eat fish 2-4 times each week
  • Bring back the avocado and ground flaxseed

Re-establish Lost Habits

No more breakfast at home means no more daily vitamin and fish oil OR green tea. Gasp! Boo! Hiss! Healthy habits have been replaced with excessive coffee consumption! Nooooooooooooo!

• Drink green tea upon fast breaking Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri (or each day I work from the office telecommute days don't count).
  • One cup of coffee in the morning (rather than 2 or 3) so I am not overly caffeinated and feeling ill at tea time.
  • Take daily vitamin and fish oil with last meal of the day.

+2 CON, +1 STA

LIFE:
    Do some of the things I want to do
    • Remove seam and re sew practice pants in preparation for simple (?) clothing alterations
    • Finish book I started last challenge. Read/study twice each week.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

All of the warriors are doing mobility or yoga this go round. I did about 20 minutes of yoga last night. Soon we will have the strength of Hercules and the flexibility of Gumby!

Bueno on the goals. Max Power approved. Good luck!

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

It's so funny to see everyone formally or informally getting in more mobility this challenge. I wonder if the shuttle had much to do with that. I know for me, once the shuttle challenge was over, I did yoga like three times. And twice last week during the "off" week. So much old-woman-feeling-stiffness.

Good luck with your goals! I'm excited for the pullup bar's new lease on life!

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

I like your re-establishment of lost goals, particularly the green tea thing. I *thought* I would start drinking tons of tea a few months ago, and now i have like 6 boxes of varying flavors and have used had tea maybe 3 times since then. I should really do something about that! Great goals!

Thanks all!!

sweeet!

duuuuuuuuuuude

(ehh, ehh? see what I did there?)

Yaaay, good goals. I see a lot of us warriors are adding yoga or some sort of mobility ( the down side of bulking up from shuttle moving) Good luck madam!
It's so funny to see everyone formally or informally getting in more mobility this challenge. I wonder if the shuttle had much to do with that. I know for me, once the shuttle challenge was over, I did yoga like three times. And twice last week during the "off" week. So much old-woman-feeling-stiffness.

Good luck with your goals! I'm excited for the pullup bar's new lease on life!

Whoo +1 to Yoga! We need to all keep each other accountable on this one. It's like all the warriors subconsciously decided to get flexible.
All of the warriors are doing mobility or yoga this go round. I did about 20 minutes of yoga last night. Soon we will have the strength of Hercules and the flexibility of Gumby!

Bueno on the goals. Max Power approved. Good luck!

We do seem to be in agreement that the shuttle has done something to our mobility. Moar mobilizing! We will definitely all need to keep on each other about the mobility. I do like the idea of a muscular gumby...

Lovin' the food-based goals! Also, your DL is awesome - looking forward to some PRs as the challenge progresses.

Thanks! I wish my other lifts would catch up! I tested my 1RM on Saturday (for bench and DL). Not bad. Got 250 for DL which is more than 1.5x body weight.

Irrational fear: sometimes, when I'm deadlifing, I think my thigh muscles might actually explode. True story. The fact that you guys have gotten further makes me think I might be safe ;)

Looks great!

I will be following with great interest!

Mobility FTW! Unofficially for me, but still,

You're an inspiration & I bet ya didn't even know it!!!

Yay for awesome goals! I can't wait to see (and cheer on) your progress. :D
You = madassmofo!

Dawww shucks! Thanks ladies! y'all are the best! :redface:

sooo much mobility! I may have to get in on that this challenge as well.

Get in on the mobility tin man.. it's where it's at (what that means, i do not know).

I like your re-establishment of lost goals, particularly the green tea thing. I *thought* I would start drinking tons of tea a few months ago, and now i have like 6 boxes of varying flavors and have used had tea maybe 3 times since then. I should really do something about that! Great goals!

Thanks! Yes! I used to be so good about drinking it every day.. then I'd only drink a little coffee and all was good in my world. Now, not so much. I must use all that purchased tea! Join me on our quest to lift heavy things and drink tea! :)

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost

hot damn

Wow. Here I thought my first post was long :)

haha.

Mostly just popping in to subscribe. I do love the goals though. Thats a strong deadlift ya got there. Can't wait to see that number go up

I see what you did there :)

Thanks! It's getting a little scary. But I like it. At some point this cut is going to more strongly affect my lifts than I'll like.. hoping to get my working weight to 1.5x bw before then, though!

Whoo +1 to Yoga! We need to all keep each other accountable on this one. It's like all the warriors subconsciously decided to get flexible.

yeah! i'm trying to go to 1 hot yoga session a week if i can. this isn't in my goals formally though, so feel free to nudge me about my yoga, too!

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

I see what you did there :)

Thanks! It's getting a little scary. But I like it. At some point this cut is going to more strongly affect my lifts than I'll like.. hoping to get my working weight to 1.5x bw before then, though!

Slow and steady and you'll get there. Not to brag, but I'm pretty amazed by how far my lifts have come by just adding 5 or 10 pounds a week. My deadlift starting weight was my 5 rep max 6 months ago. I'm hitting numbers that I never would have listed as a goal because they're so far beyond what I thought possible.

You're at awesome numbers though. Especially the deadlift. Keep it up!

AWESOME! I love the tie in from the previous challenge! I'm definitely looking forward to reading your progress laura! LET'S ROCK THIS JOINT!!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Slow and steady and you'll get there. Not to brag, but I'm pretty amazed by how far my lifts have come by just adding 5 or 10 pounds a week. My deadlift starting weight was my 5 rep max 6 months ago. I'm hitting numbers that I never would have listed as a goal because they're so far beyond what I thought possible.

You're at awesome numbers though. Especially the deadlift. Keep it up!

Thanks! I will warrior on!

Great great challenge, and I love the way you wrote it up!

Thanks! Long post is lonnnnnnnnnnng :P

Great challenge! So great that I full up stole one of your goals, bwahaha.

What book will you be finishing?

Thanks! Sweet! Which goal did you snag? I'll have to run over and see!

I've got an Anatomy and Physiology book/workbook.. I forget the name other than Anatomy and Physiology. Yay for attempting to learn!

AWESOME! I love the tie in from the previous challenge! I'm definitely looking forward to reading your progress laura! LET'S ROCK THIS JOINT!!

Thanks! Let's get it!

I think you have me convinced to jump on the mobility bandwagon. Now I just need to learn about what it all is. Thor is a bit clueless beyond the heavy weight area of his gym. Not sure yoga will be my answer, so I'll search elsewhere.

Also, where'd the avocado go? Hell yeah you need to bring it back!!! Those things are delish! On salads, on top of sashimi grade tuna, mashed up into guac dip....the possibilities are endless! :)

Oh, and with eggs....so yum!

avocado-cartoon-egg-funny-love-text-Favim.com-54827.jpg

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

I think you have me convinced to jump on the mobility bandwagon. Now I just need to learn about what it all is. Thor is a bit clueless beyond the heavy weight area of his gym. Not sure yoga will be my answer, so I'll search elsewhere.

Also, where'd the avocado go? Hell yeah you need to bring it back!!! Those things are delish! On salads, on top of sashimi grade tuna, mashed up into guac dip....the possibilities are endless! :)

Oh, and with eggs....so yum!

avocado-cartoon-egg-funny-love-text-Favim.com-54827.jpg

Right! I'm not sure how I let my beloved avocado disappear! As I am not paleo I use it to 'butter' my toast when I have a slice with breakfast :-) mmmm breakfast. Also, last week I made some chilled avocado soup (read: more finely blended guacamole) with sweet and spicy fish. noms. Sorry.. it's time to break my fast and I am a hungry warrior.

MOBILITY! It's awesome. And kind of painful.. but in a good way. If it's painful in a bad way you're doing it wrong... start with www.mobilitwod.com. Go to the very last page and start there. Or start anywhere.. but I find it fun to work through from the beginning.

I started just hold each as long as I could. Take a break, hold it again for a little longer until the total time I could hold it increased.

If you haven't discovered the joy of the foam roller, then you should! That's awesome for mobility, too. And lacrosse balls. mmmm lacrosse balls.

So, unsolicited recipe. But for the love of avocados (and smoked paprika), I daydream about this recipe.

1 avocado (you could probably get away with less - but I hate when avocados get all brown, so I use the whole thing)

1 serving of protein (I've used the single serving pouches of tuna (rinsed), hard boiled eggs, chicken (diced or shredded) - whatever you like!)

1 spoonful of greek yogurt (or something similar - it's to make the base creamy)

1 stalk of celery (last night I diced up cucumber b/c apparently celery doesn't last forever in the fridge - who knew?), diced

Handful of spinach (last night I used spring mix salad mix), chopped

Garlic salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes (or my favorite adobo chile pepper), smoked paprika (SMOKED not that other weird stuff that isn't smoked).

I mash up the avocado with the yogurt and add the spices to taste. Then add in the protein and veggies. Mix. And ENJOY!

It might just be me, but I think this recipe is SO GOOD! My friend thought it was boring. But she didn't heed the "MUST HAVE SMOKED PAPRIKA" advice.

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines