Laura's The Devil's in the Details Challenge

I think I push my elbows back a bit to help with the meats, but I'm wondering if what I *feel* is "back" isn't very far back because I have like zero flexibility, as my foray back into yoga teaches me each time I attempt it. :( (Of course, my squats could probably still use sooooooo muuuuuuch woooooork.)

Also, as always, you kick ass. :)

Old Battle Log

I'm going to have to learn high-bar at some point. I'm still in the middle of SS, but I'm getting to the point where rotating exercises A-B-C with A-D-C every time is starting to get a little old. On the plus side, I do know what to expect...

I feel like that should be the Warrior Guild motto! :)

I think I started doing low bar.. way back when it was just the bar.. and that was about the extent of it. It wasn't a conscious choice to change it was just what my body kept insisting I do. Well, that or stop squatting. And I wasn't going to stop squatting..so, there's that. I would like to learn low bar.. or become comfortable with it but I don't know. the angle at which it puts my back is just too much (damn my short torso).

I hear ya about the same ol', same ol'. It was great for a while but then I realized there were other things I wanted to do and so on.. so I made my own with the help of these crazy nerds.

AND YES! it should!

I think I push my elbows back a bit to help with the meats, but I'm wondering if what I *feel* is "back" isn't very far back because I have like zero flexibility, as my foray back into yoga teaches me each time I attempt it. :( (Of course, my squats could probably still use sooooooo muuuuuuch woooooork.)

Also, as always, you kick ass. :)

hahahaha oh man.. I hear that! the never-ending battle with mobility is, in fact, never-ending.

Hahaha! I'm not laughing at your lack of meats. I'm laughing at "thin sliced deli."

I aim for the teehees :)

Oh, so you guys recall that powerlifter girl at my gym? If not, there's a girl who powerlifts at my gym (competes). You are now caught up. Okay, so she's only been training for ~4 months.. I saw her bench for the first time last night. She was benching at least 155. WTF. Yes, I have major lift envy. She's probably closer to 200# but still... sweet jesus that is a strong lady.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Wow...just wow. Color me jelly. Is jelly a color?

I am also getting a bit weary...so on days I'm not feeling it, I'll do some other stuff. Like the other day I tried good mornings for the first time. Kinda hard, yo!

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

I think it is because I was 100% jelly colored last night.

For me, the weariness was a sign it was time to switch it up. I love doing some random things like that in gym. Last night was fun b/c even though I had to squat I got to play with all the challenge stuff. Yay sh*ts and giggles workouts!

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost

For me, the weariness was a sign it was time to switch it up. I love doing some random things like that in gym. Last night was fun b/c even though I had to squat I got to play with all the challenge stuff. Yay sh*ts and giggles workouts!

I love just messing around with stuff at the gym! Its always a load of fun and sometimes I realize I can do stuff a lot better than expected :3 Probably the best part about the gym I go to is that they have a big open space attached to free weights so I can play with all the things :D

This is just cute:

Jelly.jpg

this is kind of funny:

tumblr_m1bhemkKQg1qb630d.gif

this is accurate:

2195061_o.gif

and this will terrify you to the very core of your being. So proceed with caution (also known as the ETF bomb):

tumblr_m6kfzejVeH1qi3vx8.gif

Not my best work.

You guys! I has a sad! (and not just from viewing other super inappropriate gifs related to jelly)

Today is usually the happiest day of my week. Why, you ask? Because today is DEADLIFT THURSDAY! For me, today will not be Deadlift Thursday . It will be Try Not to Put Pressure on Knee Thursday.

Yesterday, midday, I was making some copies. I turned to my coworker.. just barely. Mostly head movement, actually... and all of a sudden my knee just fell apart. I have no freaking clue what happened. RICE isn't helping. It actually hurts more when I do any or all of those things. Gimping around helps a little bit. Attempts at stretching had zero effect.

So.. I'll be going for chin ups.. and uh... dips? and.. hmm... dunno what else. but I will work out at least a little bit. Hey, maybe I'll try pistol squats on my not stupid leg?

So anyhow. I has a sad.

sad-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-661.gif

a repeat but it's appropriate

tumblr_lr6qocyAI11qztwte.gif

michelle tanner wants deadlifts!

oh no! 'tupid knee! hope you're okay friendo

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

Oh gawd! Not britney! Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Oh, yeah, I have a brace. I tried that last night, too. It also hurt more than it helped. I'm confused about what's going on that all my stand by methods of recovery aren't working. I even.. gasp...ibuprofen in a last ditch attempt at solid sleep. I don't think it helped. But I'm not sure if the knee pain or the massive, insane storm woke me up repeatedly. Damn variables.

thanks friends! if it lasts much longer I'll go to the doc *grumble*. I have a chiro appointment tomorrow morning so maybe she can help?

Laura! Great gifs...I love the jelly jar with the little butt.

OMG your knee...I hope it is ok! I have a few horror stories about knees that I will keep to myself, but if you were doing that little movement, it sounds like something that a dr should look at :(

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Oh no! Sad knee is sad. :(

Not to scare you, but one time I turned one way and my knee didn't come along with me, and I ended up on crutches for weeks with a full leg brace. Who knew a sprained MCL could hurt so badly? Seriously, 10 years later it still gets achy sometimes if the weather changes. Do not mess around with your knee.

hahahahha thanks Mir!

Blueberries, you know what's funny about that.. when I was ~13 I was at the skating rink (roller skating ftw!) and I fell in a weird split type position so that the insides of both my knees hit the floor (ouch). Every since then this knee has had some issues. It sometimes gets all weird on me. It's never been like this before.. so this is way new and really crappy. But I definitely will handle with care.

a brief google search reassures me that I did not suffer a sprained MCL (thank god!). But it's still gotta be soemthing. I am going to close my search browser now so I don't end up scaring the bejesus outta myself hahahahaha (it's a tumah!)

OH! I forgot to add why i came here in the first place....

Guess what?! Guess! come on! Okay.. you're done? soooo, ya know how my goal is to deadlift a wookiee? Well, I have not deadlifted Book's wookiees (those fatties are 300#) nor have I deadlifted a wookieepedia style male wookiee (125kg)... but you know what I have deadlifted?

A FEMALE WOOKIEE (100kg)! F*ck YEAH! *doing a little dance on my not injured leg*

1 wookiee down, 2 to go.

I discovered this only when asked how much a wookiee weighs and if I've reached my goal.

:D

Arrow to the KNEE! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

ghgddg677e6ghgh-9.jpg

Rest up well Laura.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

this wins pic of the day!

this should cheer you up while your deadlifting is on hold :

http://www.uproxx.com/webculture/2012/07/internet-cat-video-film-festival/

hehehehehhehehehehehehhee <--actually made that noise upon viewing.

this should cheer you up while your deadlifting is on hold :

http://www.uproxx.com/webculture/2012/07/internet-cat-video-film-festival/

hahaha that cat yawning is the BEST.

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines