Laura's The Devil's in the Details Challenge

h

A FEMALE WOOKIEE (100kg)! F*ck YEAH! *doing a little dance on my not injured leg*

1 wookiee down, 2 to go.

I discovered this only when asked how much a wookiee weighs and if I've reached my goal.

:D

HYSTERICAL.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

teehee thanks friends!

So, I went to the doctor.. because someone logic'd me into it. Doctor says I have ...wait for it...runner's knee. WTF? Runner's knee? I don't run. But yeah, so it can also occur in people with over pronation issues. Funny how that works, huh? Anyhow, no running (bahahahahaha) or squats or deadlifts for the next 10-14 days. X-rays are possible for Monday if there isn't a marked improvement by the end of the weekend. So.. fingers crossed.

I'm staying home tonight instead of doing some upper body stuff like I planned. I'm pooped. Speaking of: I bought an eye mask to help me sleep. Here's hoping.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Guess what?! Guess! come on! Okay.. you're done? soooo, ya know how my goal is to deadlift a wookiee? Well, I have not deadlifted Book's wookiees (those fatties are 300#) nor have I deadlifted a wookieepedia style male wookiee (125kg)... but you know what I have deadlifted?

A FEMALE WOOKIEE (100kg)! F*ck YEAH! *doing a little dance on my not injured leg*

1 wookiee down, 2 to go.

I discovered this only when asked how much a wookiee weighs and if I've reached my goal.

:D

I can't handle this much win!

Time to change your avatar. Add a wookie!

I told the bears about your knee...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4543[/ATTACH]

That sucks that you're on the mend for the next couple of weeks, just think of it as an opportunity to come up with your new routine, or to milk crazy amounts of sympathy out of everyone you know, and even some people you don't.

Congrats on the wookie DL though! You'll have all three wookie markers lifted before you know it. (That period there means I stated this as a fact.)

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

teehee thanks friends!

So, I went to the doctor.. because someone logic'd me into it. Doctor says I have ...wait for it...runner's knee. WTF? Runner's knee? I don't run. But yeah, so it can also occur in people with over pronation issues. Funny how that works, huh? Anyhow, no running (bahahahahaha) or squats or deadlifts for the next 10-14 days. X-rays are possible for Monday if there isn't a marked improvement by the end of the weekend. So.. fingers crossed.

I'm staying home tonight instead of doing some upper body stuff like I planned. I'm pooped. Speaking of: I bought an eye mask to help me sleep. Here's hoping.

Couldn't they just call it deadlift knee instead of runners knee? :)

Hope being on the mend does you well. You'll come back stronger than ever

You're AWESOME laura, The wookies have fled in terror after hearing you deadlifting their women! How many more do you still have to go?

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I can't handle this much win!

Time to change your avatar. Add a wookie!

Hahaha I think I may need one with me holding a lady wookiee and some male wookiees trembling in fear behind me...

I told the bears about your knee...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4543[/ATTACH]

That sucks that you're on the mend for the next couple of weeks, just think of it as an opportunity to come up with your new routine, or to milk crazy amounts of sympathy out of everyone you know, and even some people you don't.

Congrats on the wookie DL though! You'll have all three wookie markers lifted before you know it. (That period there means I stated this as a fact.)

hahahaha thanks. I dig your take. I shall conquer all the other things in the meantime.

Hey girl, girl wookies are damn heavy, girl.

:D <3

Sorry about the knee, but I'm glad it's not something worse.

Thanks! Me too! Phew!

Couldn't they just call it deadlift knee instead of runners knee? :)

Hope being on the mend does you well. You'll come back stronger than ever

Hereto forth, Laura has Deadlift Knee. So let it be written, so let it be done.

Seriously, though, heal quickly!

And side "hell yeah!" for she-wookie conquer!

YES! I have deadlift knee. Take that, Doc! :D

You're AWESOME laura, The wookies have fled in terror after hearing you deadlifting their women! How many more do you still have to go?

Thanks! hahahaha I picture wookiee men having meetings... "she's gotten the women!" hahaha Oh my

I have the standard male wookiee--125kg (275#) and the Book's Wookiee--300# I will conquer both.

Goal related stuff:

Nothing on the fitness front.. as we've discussed :P

supps have been taken.

mobility has been done.

foam rolling is ongoing.

I'm heading up to my sister's today. Not sure how that's going to go but it's my niece's first birthday. She's pretty ridiculous. Here is proof:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4548[/ATTACH]

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost

Runners knee/PFS = suck! Dude, I have been there before in the worst ways (because of running though). Definitely watch those knees when squatting and don't be afraid to use wraps! Having been down the PFS road, I'm totally willing to endure some mockery (for wrapping my knees on less than epic lifts) in order to keep my joints healthy :)

Runners knee/PFS = suck! Dude, I have been there before in the worst ways (because of running though). Definitely watch those knees when squatting and don't be afraid to use wraps! Having been down the PFS road, I'm totally willing to endure some mockery (for wrapping my knees on less than epic lifts) in order to keep my joints healthy :)

Turns out it may not be runner's knee after all... At my niece's bday party was this PT we know. We got to talking and he checked me out and said he's pretty positive it's not PTS but sounds more like a meniscus tear. He was nice enough to go through some tests and movements with me. He suggested I skip the whole x-ray thing with my doc and make an appointment with an orthopedic doctor (since that's what I will have to do anyway). He said the ortho will have more tests they can do to determine if it's a tear and if I need and MRI and blah blah blah. I'm hopeful that, if it is a tear, it's a minor tear. Given this description it sounds like a moderate tear. I will remain hopeful that this PT is wrong..though, he's been in the business a long time and he's kind of the shiz.

And I didn't think I'd miss the days of having PTS... :P Go figure.

I'd rather have the meniscus tear, repair and get over it....done three times, rehab was shorter than"runners knee"type pt crap leading up to the eventual surgery....

Went 20 years not ok before surgery, and then I could seriously get back to training. My knees are the best part of me now!

I pray for quick recovery, whatever it is...but go with the ortho..best case. Jmho!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

I'd rather have the meniscus tear, repair and get over it....done three times, rehab was shorter than"runners knee"type pt crap leading up to the eventual surgery....

Went 20 years not ok before surgery, and then I could seriously get back to training. My knees are the best part of me now!

I pray for quick recovery, whatever it is...but go with the ortho..best case. Jmho!

Thanks! I'm actually moving towards that mindset more now. With the PTS it was kind of unclear what would happen after this bout when away. The idea of fixing it and moving on is really appealing. And, as one of my FB friends said, Peyton Manning had it and then went on to be all awesome. If you and Peyton can do it, so can i!!

Re: protein cheesecake. I've made three different recipes so far and haven't been very pleased with any of them (edible, but barely). The only proteinified food that I've REALLY thought was off the hook is this:

Banana protein pancakes.

Srsly. Amazing. I make them with cottage cheese and vanilla whey rather than quark and banana whey. And then eat with a heaping mound of cottage cheese and fruit for lifting days.

That sucks about your knee if it is a tear, but it sounds like the fix and recovery might be quicker and more clear-cut, so I guess a tiny yay for that? I hurt my knee once upon a time. It hurt like a motha. And my doc said it was one thing, sent me to an ortho for what seemed like endless tests. Turned out to be nothing (even though a PT (not in the business as long as your friend sounds like) told me it was likely X). So, I'll hold out hope that it's nothing that needs surgery. I did a short stint of PT, mostly on my own, and although I don't feel like my knees can endure anything, they do feel pretty stable. (My ankles are my weakest link.)

Anyway, here's hoping for the best outcome and a quick recovery!

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

You know what is good for a bum knee? Ice. In a glass. Filled with tequila :D

heard dat.

like everyone else says, hope you're doing okay.

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

Re: protein cheesecake. I've made three different recipes so far and haven't been very pleased with any of them (edible, but barely). The only proteinified food that I've REALLY thought was off the hook is this:

Banana protein pancakes.

Srsly. Amazing. I make them with cottage cheese and vanilla whey rather than quark and banana whey. And then eat with a heaping mound of cottage cheese and fruit for lifting days.

Ah yes, protein pancakes. SO good! I've made some variations but completely forgot about that. Taht would have been a good call! haha I decided to wing it and see what would happen. It's... ok. Not super tasty but not terrible. I used more chocolate almond milk than the recipe called for (in place of regular almond milk). Like I said, it's okay.. but not great. Glad my results seem typical haha

That sucks about your knee if it is a tear, but it sounds like the fix and recovery might be quicker and more clear-cut, so I guess a tiny yay for that? I hurt my knee once upon a time. It hurt like a motha. And my doc said it was one thing, sent me to an ortho for what seemed like endless tests. Turned out to be nothing (even though a PT (not in the business as long as your friend sounds like) told me it was likely X). So, I'll hold out hope that it's nothing that needs surgery. I did a short stint of PT, mostly on my own, and although I don't feel like my knees can endure anything, they do feel pretty stable. (My ankles are my weakest link.)

Anyway, here's hoping for the best outcome and a quick recovery!

Oh no! That sounds like a pain! Fortunately for me my coworker went through something similar to what you described and finally found a good doc.. so I am reaping the benefits of her long journey with orthopedic pain.

Stupid knee! The pain/discomfort aspect of it has lessened but I still have limited ROM and can't walk on it.. which stinks. I have my ortho visit on Wednesday. Fingers crossed!

Ooooooo, just being mentioned in the same sentence as Peyton makes me giddy!

No matter what, you are a stronger you than before this injury....you WILL come out stronger!

:D Yes I will!

Keep us posted on the status of that knee. I really hope things get resolved quickly for you.

Thanks! will do!

You know what is good for a bum knee? Ice. In a glass. Filled with tequila :D

Rest up Miss Laura.

The difference between paleo BigM and non paleo BigM: NPBM recommends scotch. PBM recommends tequila. I will take both! ;)

Thanks!

sooo... Stubborn Laura is Stubborn. And stubborn Laura attempted a go at working out on Saturday. I put my knee brace on and hobbled into the gym. Feel free to scold me. Did the following:

One legged RDL: 30#dbs 3x5

Pistol squat: 3x6

Linear leg press: loaded to 90 2x5 (that's really hard with one leg)

Bench: 100 5/5/4/2/2

i had my leg propped up on a plate and was not putting pressure on it... it was interesting.

chin ups: 3/3/3

Dips: I don't recall how many I did... a couple sets of 3 or 4?

It was too much. by the end my knee started to feel a little crabby and I was so exhausted i wanted to sleep there. Also, I want to eat ALL THE FOOD. Being a hobbly Laura is pretty exhausting. I think I'll continue to attempt upper body stuff like chins and maybe some pistols on my good leg but at home...

oh, and other things!

supps have been good.

Coffee/tea ratio has been good

activity has obvs been limited

mobility has been limited

Foam rolling has been decent (it's about all I can do in terms of mobility right now)

had to return my book to the library but I'm reading Starting Strength and some other books I got e copies of (score!) so I count that as studying.

Yeah, I hate the idea of not working out. Fortunately, I know I can do some things.. I just need to listen to my body and not try to do too much.

by the end of this I'm going to have one really firm butt cheek and one not so.. hahaha my right leg is doing alllll the work.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines