Martinpanduh's Can't Stop, Won't Stop Challenge!

Martinpanduh

I am so stoked to participate in this next 6-week challenge for two things; one, I am doing it with a friend from RL (lol I have yet to find his thread up on the forums but he told me he's already working on it--yay for an addition to the rebellion) and secondly, I am really looking to continue the dent I made last challenge! For the mother-trucking win! Let's do this!

Race: Human

Class: Ranger

Height: 5'10

Weight: 210-212lbs (A DEPARTURE FROM MY 220ish lbs as of last challenge!)

Thickest Part of Waist: 40inches

Chest: 42 inches

Attributes:

STR 6.25

DEX 5.5

STA 3.75

CON 5

WIS 2

CHA 3

Goals:

FITNESS GOALS:

1. Hit sub-205lbs for this 6 week challenge. That is losing between 5-10lbs of slowburn.

Why: With the loss of 8-10lbs from last challenge, I definitely think if I maintain my protocols for this challenge, I can totally make this work!

Points to be earned: CON + 2

2. Achieve these lift goals: 295lbs + bar Squat (3x5), 165lbs + bar Chest Press (3x5)

Why: Both of these goals are perfect measures of the state of my fitness. Simultaneously achievable and lofty. Haha!

Points to be earned: STR + 2, DEX + 1

3. Run at least 3 times a week (one of them being an outdoor run), jump rope twice a week!

Why: Cardio, yo!

Points to be earned: STA + 2

4. Bring down my outdoor route's time to sub-30 minutes (currently at 31:30)

Why: This will be difficult but if I do it, I'll be totally pleased. I don't know if there can be a better reason than that! (READ: HILLS!)

Points to be earned: DEX + 1

NUTRITION GOALS:

1. Maintain a 90% Paleo-style of eating

Why: Because I have learned that eating carbs is not the end of the world. It's not my main enemy, the amount of calories I eat is. When I say carbs, I mean I will allow the odd pieces of bread and the occasional noodles.

Points to be earned: CON + 1.

2. Maintain the basics of Leangain/IF-protocol of a 16/8 ratio of fasting/fed state

Why: I think this was the game-changer for me last challenge, the protocol prevented me from eating unnecessary calories. I just feel like this totally works out for me and I have cut snacking to a minimum!

Points to be earned: CON + 2

3. Maintain the nothing-but-water protocol (except for tea!)

Why: This also, I felt, helped me out a lot.

Points to be earned: WIS + 1

4. Maintain the no chocolates and unnecessary snacking protocol

Why: I managed this last challenge, let's see if I can do it again!

Points to be earned: STA + 1

LEVEL UP YOUR LIFE GOALS:

1. Make quota for the month of July at our store for the menswear

Why: Because! Quota = commission, no matter how small haha! This will be indicative if a collection is well-received or not.

Points to be earned: CHA + 2.

Basically that's that! I'll upload a starter photo tomorrow! Looking forward to smashing goals this challenge with all of you! Let's do this!

DAY 1, WEEK 1

WORKOUT:

Heavy lifts today to kick things off!

5x5 285lbs + bar Squat. Quite the difficulty for this, will do one more round then move up to 3x5 290lbs + bar Squats.

2x5 155lbs + bar Chest Press.

1x1 155lbs + bar Chest Press. STALLED!

No time for deadlifts.

Did a 10 minute high-intensity jump rope routine. Pretty tiring.

NUTRITION:

Managed the IF protocol nicely today, it's practically second nature to me. I am not bothering yet with the protein/carbohydrate macros as yet, I just augmented my current Paleo nutritional lifestyle with the feeding windows. I find that it really keeps me sated throughout the day and minimizes my calories (namely, snacking).

Things that I could have avoided today were the two empanadas I had at the office. But no big deal.

Let's get this party started!

Good job on your first day! Try to avoid the Empanada though! Glad to see though you lifted heavy, you still did an intense cardio routine! Nice one! Keep it up!

Maau2005 Bitter to Better

Human - Ranger

STR - 2, DEX - 3, STA - 3, CON - 3, WIS - 2, CHA - 2

Thanks for the never-ending support guys!

DAY 2, WEEK 1

WORKOUT:

Light day today, "light". Worked on getting back into the groove of my secondary workouts.

5x5 80lbs + bar Overhead Press. Damn, I lost the grips on this one. Will need to work from here on out.

5x5 120lbs + bar Bentover Row. Same story.

5x5 60lbs + bar Bicep Curls. Ready to move up!

After that, did 27 minutes run at 10kph with the last 3 minutes at 12kph. SOLID!

NUTRITION

Check with the leangains protocol today!

Only slip up? I had red rice for lunch, but no big. I feel like it was totally worth it. Had eggs and sausage for "lunch" at around 4pm and then a salad plus pork chop for dinner at 9.

Onward, ho!

Great job so far! I love that you have a "why" for each goal. And I am in awe of your lifts! They are something to shoot for for me. Keep it up!

Thanks for the words of encouragement! It was a long journey (and still is a long way to go) for me but I got there, I'm sure you can too.

DAY 3, WEEK 1 but first things first, starting pictures (LOOK AWAY!!!):

June202012b.jpgJune202012.jpg

Anyway, forgive my derpy-face and body. I took this in-between client fittings at our store LOL inside one of the fitting rooms (HARSH LIGHTING MUCH!). I just shucked off my shirt, that explains the shoes and the shorts HAHAHA I swear my outfit looked good today. At any rate, there you go. Looking to make another 10lb dent this challenge! I contrasted this from a few shirtless pictures I had of a few months ago, and my stomach is definitely less round. HUZZAH!

NUTRITION

I had an okay day! Ate lunch at 1pm: big salad, slices of smoked pork, shrimp stew and fried fish. A banana for dessert. Lunch at 5pm, had two slices of spam and a hardboiled egg. Dinner at 9pm was a hardboiled egg, 1 slice of spam (leftovers from lunch) then steamed chicken breasts plus some egg noodles.

WORKOUT

Was supposed to have a rest day but I decided to finally explore the Mobility WOD's. As seen here, episode one: http://youtu.be/7XwKnk16Zbs the 10 minute deep-squat. It was intense!

The reason why I wanted to do this was because I noticed at the gym, I only squat deep enough for the bar to hit the cage's safety. Far from an ass-to-grass or deep squat position. I even noticed as far as squatting without a weight is concerned, I don't think my legs are flexible at all. True enough, I tried squatting a deep squat and I couldn't even hold it for more than 10 seconds. So bonus goal for this challenge: Conquer the 1st episode of MWOD! We'll see how far I can go!

So for this first round, I could barely even hold it for 20 seconds. The form was thus: legs slightly in duck position, heels flat on the ground AND I had a chair in front of me for balance, to hold onto. I managed the form correctly with the assistance of the chair and I could hold that position for 1-2 minutes.

I ended up finishing the full 10 minute squat broken down to 9 sets. So now you see how lofty this goal is, I hope I get to at least hold it for 5 minutes by the end of this challenge. Pretty exciting. We'll see where it goes--and how my legs fare tomorrow. YEESH!

mmmm rice.

sorry, i'm having cravings. :)

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

DAY 4, WEEK 1

God caught up at work today but I managed to sneak in a bit of gym time.

WORKOUT:

Supposedly a heavy day for me but I only managed to get in the squats! Which is totally my priority so I'm happy. Going into these things (especially at my working weight), it's always a mental battle under that bar. I dread going into each and every set but I can't describe how "accomplished" I feel after doing it. So today:

5x5 285lbs + bar. If I follow the timeline correctly, I have this week and the next to master this before I move up to make my goal. If not sooner.

Today was harder than usual, but good thing was (I think thanks in large part to the MWOD yesterday) I managed to precisely control my descent into the squat. As opposed to just blindly going down and as soon as I hear the clink of the bar against the cage, I ratchet it back up. Today was pretty controlled, I feel pretty awesome about it, even though it made going up on each rep twice as hard.

After, I did a 10 minute jump rope for cardio. Not bad.

NUTRITION:

Had an okay day. 1pm was big salad, a chicken leg + cuts of meat. Banana for dessert. Lunch at 4pm was a hotdog and a hardboiled egg. Ate the second half around 7 before going to the gym. At dinner, had chicken soup, a bit of salad and some ground pork omelet.

My only fault today was having two food for the gods (my Grandmother gave them to me, SABOTAGE) for dessert.

At any rate, onward ho!

good day!! also, MWOD1 is tough.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

DAY 5, WEEK 1 Friday, Friday!

WORKOUT:

Did a light day today! But a full day at that!

5x5 85lbs + bar Overhead Press. Not bad, one more round then up.

5x5 125lbs + bar BentOver Row. Not bad, move up.

5x5 65lbs + bar Bicep Curls. Will move up.

30 minute run, 27 minutes at 10kph with the last 3 at 12kph.

NUTRITION:

Diet wise, I felt like I clunked today with the choice of food.

First meal at 1pm was big salad, slices of meat loaf and a TON OF FRIED SQUID. Not cute.

Second meal at 4pm was supposed to be my usual breakfast food but instead, I ate a small plate of noodles. Terrible. It was someone's birthday.

Dinner (just now) was my breakfast food: 2 eggs and some spam. Our cook made French fries for some reason so I had some of that. BONK!

Terrible stuff. I think I have to re-asses my position on the stuff I've been eating, been checking the scale and it hasn't been budging. It's totally the nutrition part. I need to re-evaluate. No workout tomorrow! Total rest day. Will try to put in some MWOD workouts.

Thanks!

Before anything else! Recap of WEEK 1

Apart from my running goals, I managed to keep everything in line. But as for my nutrition, it definitely wasn't right all of the time. I had a couple of cheat days (read: Saturday and Sunday were insanely bad) and I had a lot of carbs in between. Definitely need to rein it back in. I give myself a B for week 1. But anyway, still a lot of time to make a dent!

Surprisingly though, I weighed myself in (expecting to slide back a couple of lbs) but lo and behold, I'm currently 208-210lbs! I lost 2lbs from last week! HUZZAH! It really must be the IF protocol taking effect! Less snacking = less calories = more weight lost! I just need to keep it up! So motivated right now!

DAY 2, WEEK 2

So I seemingly skipped Day 1 yesterday because I got stuck at work, no time for working out. Today though was a different story:

WORKOUT:

Heavy day today!

5x5 285lbs + bar Squat. Managed to maintain the solid descent down into the squat, feels a lot more powerful than last time going up!

3x5 155lbs + bar Chest Press. Powered through this! Will maintain.

10 minutes hardcore jump rope! Pretty spent after this.

NUTRITION:

I was featured in a magazine today, spent lunchtime at the venue. I scarfed down a small slice of pizza, no big. Had lunch of salad and some pork at 2pm. Had a fried egg and some sausage at 4pm and then dinner was chicken + grilled squid. Not bad!

Tomorrow I'm not sure if I'll be able to put a workout in since I have a night meeting but I will try for some MWOD for sure! See you!

Awesome job!

I would like to toss in a reminder.....you do not always need to hit the gym and lift actual weights to get in a work out. I know how busy work can get myself, but even if you toss in a bodyweight workout, which you can do most anywhere, you can still get in at least some exercise. And done right, a bodyweight workout, can still give you a good burn!

Keep up the great work!

Way to lose some poundage in the first week! Even if you had a few cheat days, you must be doing something right!

Hoping it wasn't a fluke! Thanks!

great job on week 1!

Thank you nightlight!

Awesome job!

I would like to toss in a reminder.....you do not always need to hit the gym and lift actual weights to get in a work out. I know how busy work can get myself, but even if you toss in a bodyweight workout, which you can do most anywhere, you can still get in at least some exercise. And done right, a bodyweight workout, can still give you a good burn!

Keep up the great work!

I will take this into consideration! Yeah I have this counter-productive habit that I set conditions for myself, if a and b are met--then I am in a good enough position to put some time in. A and b meaning energy levels and the time I get home.

Sometimes I guess I just have to push through and do something! Thanks for the advice!

DAY 3, WEEK 2

WORKOUT:

Light day today! Was planning on putting emphasis on cardio but...

5x5 85lbs + bar Overhead Press. Move up!

5x5 130lbs + bar BentOVer Row. Not bad, one more round.

5x5 70lbs + bar Bicep Curls. Just okay, few more rounds.

Was coming into a 30 minute run but clocked out at the 12th minute mark, intense side split. Wow, never thought that would happen again. Not too bummed, I'd rather listen to my body.

NUTRITION:

Pretty okay day! 1pm was big salad and a few slices of meat. 4pm was two hard boiled eggs and roast beef. Dinner at 9pm was cucumbers in vinegar and callos; Spanish style stew. Not super calorie friendly but hey!

Thanks guys! Just keeping on trucking!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines