First Challenge

grz

Alright here goes nothing!

I started working on my health about 6 weeks ago. So far, I've been able to build up some good momentum and stay with it. I've lost about 15 pounds, and I stopped running on the treadmill and started lifting some weights. My wife and I are going on vacation July 25 - Aug 1. This was the original impetus for getting in shape. But I think I might be getting addicted to the pump. We'll see. I'm having good gains, but I haven't really done any lifting before, so gains were pretty easy the first 5 weeks of lifting. These next 6 will really be important to me achieving my fitness goals.

Without further ado here they are

Do 1 pull up unassisted +5 STR

DO 20 push ups in a row +3STA +2STR

Get my weight below 210 (Currently 217) +2CON

Complete my living rm and garage lighting project +3CHA

I've set my initial stats as

STR 2

DEX 1

STA 2

CON 3

WIS 4

CHA 3

Another goal I have indirectly tied to the challenge is to get in 3 workouts while on vacation and maintain weight.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Level 1 Adventurer

[table=width: 300]

STR 7

DEX 1

STA 5

CON 5

WIS 4

CHA 3

[/table]

My 6 Week Challenge Thread

Alright - I've been able to do 12 pushups in my workouts. I haven't tried to go for a max. But I'm fairly confident that if I keep working it into my routine, I'll be at 20 pushups by August.

Pull ups - I'm not so sure. If I start with some momentum, I can chin up to the bar. But I can't do one from a dead hang. No dead hang - no exp.

My weight is another struggle. I had a great weekend with my family (read:my blog), but it set me back on my weight loss goal. However, 10 pounds isn't that much. And if I'm monastic the rest of the way through, I know I can get there.

It may be getting too hot to get my lighting project done - attic time + dog days of summer = you're gonna have a bad time.

But if I can help my brother in law get his AV equipment project done at his house, I'll give myself +2 for the karma.

STR 7

DEX 1

STA 5

CON 5

WIS 4

CHA 3

[/table]

Hey there... just popping in to say you've got some good goals here. Regarding the chin/pull up: I think it's fair to award points for a deadhang chin up if the pull isn't reached. As long as that's progress.

As far as the lighting project goes: maybe do whatever you can in the early mornings? I don't know how it is in IA but the evenings here are just as hot as the afternoons (whereas, back home, the evenings cooled down).

Keep up the good work! You definitely have time to hit those goals :)

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

So true that strength training is addictive. My off days are killer! I just want to be at the gym

“Obstacles are things a person sees when he takes his eyes off his goal.â€
- E. Joseph Crossman

lvl 1 Cylon Assassin 

STR 3 CON 2 STA 3 DEX 3 WIS 2 CHA 2

~Adapt and Overcome~

Challenge http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/22528-new-beginnings

Log http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/22111-elefevers-log/

I hit 20 pushups in a row today! Woot! I tried earlier in the workout and got to 19. My 20th attempt just couldn't go. Toward the end, in between some sets, I thought I'd try again. The first 10 felt really good and I thought I'd keep going. I was pretty tired by my 20th, so I didn't do any more. On wednesday, I'm gonna try and capture on video to make sure my form stays true. It feels like it does, but I need proof :)

Thanks to you all for your support!

STR 7

DEX 1

STA 5

CON 5

WIS 4

CHA 3

[/table]

Lots of progress since I last checked in!

I'm currently at 209. However, I've had a cold that put me down pretty good for a couple of days, so I'll see if my weight creeps up a bit in the coming days. Also, I leave for my vacation on Wednesday, and I'll have to be careful not to undo things while I'm there.

I can do a chin up from a dead hang - not there on a pull up yet. I've also managed 20 pushups in a row. The chances of me getting my life goal done are getting slim as I'm running out of weekends - and I won't be able to this weekend. Alas.

Anyway, that's the progress! Woot!

STR 7

DEX 1

STA 5

CON 5

WIS 4

CHA 3

[/table]

Sorry this took me so long to get back to. Here are my results:

I can do 1 chin up from a dead hang. +3 STR. Hopefully a pullup is not too far down the line.

I have put out 20 pushups i a row several times now +3 STA +2STR

I even got my weight down to under 210! +2CON

Unfortunately, I didn't get my lighting project done until this past Saturday, so I can't count it :(

Oh well!

Thanks to everyone for your support! I think I'll go update my signature now!

STR 7

DEX 1

STA 5

CON 5

WIS 4

CHA 3

[/table]

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines