Boston-area, CrossFitting, WorkOutsideHome Mom seeks same or similar

Me: I like deadlifts and kettlebell swings; just achieved my first unassisted dead-hang pullup. Working toward paleo-ish eating.

You: Understand what AMRAP means, and won't accept "but my [kids, spouse, friend, job] needs me!" as an excuse for my not being my best self.

In exchange, you'll get cheers from me when you work hard and achieve stuff, and jeers from me when you can't be bothered. Also, sympathy if you truly try and are thwarted at every turn.

Are we a match?

Editing to add: I don't need a workout buddy -- you don't have to be anywhere near me geographically. Just being able to discuss workouts and support each other in this would be great.

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Me: I like deadlifts and kettlebell swings; just achieved my first unassisted dead-hang pullup. Working toward paleo-ish eating.

You: Understand what AMRAP means, and won't accept "but my [kids, spouse, friend, job] needs me!" as an excuse for my not being my best self.

In exchange, you'll get cheers from me when you work hard and achieve stuff, and jeers from me when you can't be bothered. Also, sympathy if you truly try and are thwarted at every turn.

Are we a match?

Editing to add: I don't need a workout buddy -- you don't have to be anywhere near me geographically. Just being able to discuss workouts and support each other in this would be great.

I'm a crossfitter too. Love the deadlifts and kettlebells but have a bit of a mental block on lifting things over my head, body willing but my head keeps saying no. So impressed with the pull up. My challenge for the next 6 weeks is to manage one pull up.

I crossfit 3-4 times a week and row and run as well.

Also trying to eat paleo - I'm aiming to stick to it for the next 6 weeks.

I'm based in the UK, but will be in Boston for 3 months from September hopefully if I can get the visa sorted

Awesome, Jenh. Nice to 'meet' you. Sounds like we're in pretty similar situations. PM me, and I'll shoot you my email address & we can start supporting each other as we go.

Sound good?

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom