Challenge : The 1 mile mountain...

Set your interval timer to beep every 30 seconds

In the first 30 second round do 10 burpees

In the second round run as far as you can

repeat for 1 mile

If you take longer than 30seconds to do your 10 burpees

then don't start running until the next 30 second interval

(note: no more burpee penalty)

The fastest nerd and nerdette to complete the challenge will be King and Queen.

. . . but what good is a kingdom with only 2 people?

If you would like to be a citizen of this mountain kingdom without fighting for the

throne, do any combination or burpees and/or running (or walking) for 10 minutes.

Let us know how it went and what you did to join us on the mountain.

Let's see how big of a kingdom we can get by the end of this 6 week challenge!

loyal citizens :

Phylanx 27:22

Sir Earl 23:56

Simba 800m

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

This is awesome, I want to play! Somehow I will convince others to play this game with me IRL too....can't wait!

Race: Gallifreyan

Profession: Druid

Level: 6

Current Challenge:Livingroovy Comes Home

[sTR] - 16.8 // [DEX] - 12.25 // [sTA] - 16 // [CON] - 17.3 // [WIS] - 16.55 // [CHA] - 14.6

Find me on the internets: Facebook // Twitter // Kate Marolt | Play Warrior & Excitement Engineer!

I claim this mountain for the Scouts of Nerd Fitness!

I completed the barefoot version of the king of the mountain challenge this afternoon in 15:59 with 16 X 10 = 160 burpees. To up the ante, I did it on the gravel track near my house. It took all I had to keep under the 16 minute mark so that I didn't need to do another round of burpees! Great challenge Phylanx...I'm exhausted!

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander

Scout - Level 7

I've made a terrible mistake...

I brought pillow to a gladiator match.

Okay, this is what I get for making up a workout without trying it out a little first.

so what I meant for the workout to be was to take 30 seconds and do 10 burpees and then run for the remainder of that 30 seconds, repeat for a mile. I also said that any time it takes over 30 sec to finish the 10 burpees, wait until the next 30 sec mark, do a 2 burpee penalty, and then run for the remainder of that 30 sec round. What I realized on round 1 was that it takes me 15-20 seconds to do 10 burpees when I'm rested. Hmm...

Here's how my mountain challenge went . . .

round one: did 10 burpees and ran a very short distance while thinking "uh oh, spaghettio"

round two: did some of the burpees

round three: did the rest of the 10 burpees, waited for the next round to start

round four: two burpee penalty, then ran for the rest of the round

the rest of the workout: basicallly repeating rounds 2,3,&4

there were 2 times that it took me more than two rounds to finish the 10 burpees

results : 1 mile, 214 burpees in 27:22 T O A S T E D

I will be changing the challenge to something a little more manageable. Maybe one minute rounds? Or 5 burpees instead of 10?

I'll decide by Wed night.

@ dawsy, you did it a little differant, how (in detail) did you do your workout? I will retry it however you did it minus the gravel for our PVP.

I've made a terrible mistake...

I brought pillow to a gladiator match.

Okay, this is what I get for making up a workout without trying it out a little first.

so what I meant for the workout to be was to take 30 seconds and do 10 burpees and then run for the remainder of that 30 seconds, repeat for a mile. I also said that any time it takes over 30 sec to finish the 10 burpees, wait until the next 30 sec mark, do a 2 burpee penalty, and then run for the remainder of that 30 sec round. What I realized on round 1 was that it takes me 15-20 seconds to do 10 burpees when I'm rested. Hmm...

Here's how my mountain challenge went . . .

round one: did 10 burpees and ran a very short distance while thinking "uh oh, spaghettio"

round two: did some of the burpees

round three: did the rest of the 10 burpees, waited for the next round to start

round four: two burpee penalty, then ran for the rest of the round

the rest of the workout: basicallly repeating rounds 2,3,&4

there were 2 times that it took me more than two rounds to finish the 10 burpees

results : 1 mile, 214 burpees in 27:22 T O A S T E D

I will be changing the challenge to something a little more manageable. Maybe one minute rounds? Or 5 burpees instead of 10?

I'll decide by Wed night.

@ dawsy, you did it a little differant, how (in detail) did you do your workout? I will retry it however you did it minus the gravel for our PVP.

OMFG how did you survive that?

Here's what I did (which was bad enough!)

10 burpees>30s Run>10 burpees>30s Run...repeat until I reached a mile.

I did all my burpees in less than 30s each, so no penalties for me, but if I had gone over, I would have taken it as 'do 2 burpees and rest for the remainder of 30s' .

I feel bad now for doing it 'the easy way'. Though I'd probably be dead by now if I did what you just did!

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander

Scout - Level 7

OMFG how did you survive that?

barely, I barely survived it. I'm already on my 3rd session of shoulder massage. (the ball is my friend)

Just when I was getting ready to give up, the 3/4 mile marker showed up and told me I HAD to finish.

Your version seams like more of a hard workout instead of a hard lesson in perseverance.

I'll do your version by the end of the week and I'm changing this thread's challenge to more what you thought it was.

**updated**

change of plans...

We currently have a very small kingdom :-(

The challenge to claim the throne is the same but if you want to be a citizen of this mountain kingdom all you have to do is 10 minutes of any combination of burpees and/or running (or walking)

just make sure to let us know how it went and what you did.

P.S. there's still no queen yet..

F

M

L

This was insane. I wanna be good at this...never. Ever. I didn't find myself getting too many penalties. Only maybe 4 rounds the first time. It was the running that killed me. I tried sprinting at first, but that winded me out and got me the first penalty. It eventually turned from a fast run into a faster-than-jogging run. Which is where I lost track...and then it turned into jog-walking like a zombie.

Tried twice on two separate occasions. One right after it had rained, when the air was cool and moist, but the ground was a little slippery. (with the 2 burpee penalty) The other last night. (without the 2 burpee penalty)

23:56

26:02

"You don't life for be sad, no?"

I faced the mountain today, and halfway up it sent me tumbling back down. The mountain defeated me today, I only got about 800m in before I lost it. This is HARD, I was expecting it to be bad but wow. I will conquer this mountain someday.

Level 2 Scout[sTR 3] [DEX 7] [sTA 7] [CON 3] [WIS 3] [CHA 5]Current Challenge: Keeping it Simple"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." 

awesome job guys! I am still working up the guts to do it again.

On the bright side, I bet you can count that towards the scouts mini-challenge #5.

Sir Earl, You killed it, twice! Even though it sounds like it killed you...

Simba, don't sweat it, you still made it halfway up.

I severely underestimated burpees when I made up this workout.

I'll try to make sure the next mountain doesn't leave so many casualties.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines