Hello everyone, newbie here!

Since it doesn't matter where we have been/where we are from only where we are headed, I am headed towards a brand new life! I am committing myself to going completely Paleo! :love-struck: I am looking to lose 50 pounds by the end/early next year.

I am getting married and I am looking to make a complete transformation before then!

I am looking forward to meeting all the wonderful people on this site, and finding the right balance in my life to lose weight, be healthy, and completely look hot for my wedding! :)

Very cool.

I'm glad to see another Utahn on here (and Paleo to boot *thumbs up*)

Hope things are going well, and Congrats on getting hitched.

Level 4 Scarecrow Ranger*STR 7 DEX 10 STA 7 CON 4 WIS 12 CHA 10"Mastering others is strength, Mastering yourself is true power."-Lao Tzu-

*These levels and goals are personal and don't expressly reflect my NF progression.

My 6 Week Challenge

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29996-sage-cicada-scarecrows-hop/

I didn't even post a lot about me, so here goes. I am 26 year old female, who needs to lose 50 pounds. I currently have sedentary job, but that is going to change in about a month, and I am quitting and going back to school. I am going to to school to get my degree in Biology and minor in psychology. Instead of working full time, I'll be going to a part time position. I hope to find something that is going to be a little bit more active! :D I am still trying to find what works for me when it comes to a work out routine, but I am a runner by nature. I LOVE to run, and I am looking to change my life not only to be healthier and to look better, but also because it has always been my dream to run a complete marathon. I recently had an injury and since the doctor says I need to take it easy with the running, I am doing the most I can without injuring myself further. In 6 weeks or so I should be back to normal, and when that happens I am going to continue training as I was before.

The main issue I was having before was, my times were improving,I was going to the gym 5-6 days a week, but I was not seeing a lot of improvement when it came to weight loss. I was eating plenty, and it was healthy. I was counting calories, the whole shebang. I was getting stronger but my body was not changing so I am ready to do that!

For the next 6 weeks, I need to do low impact exercises, and very limited walking. However, I do not want to gain weight and I am sure there must be something I can do to jump start my progress. I am looking to see if perhaps I can do some yoga or something similar. So, any suggestions you guys might have would be greatly appreciated.

As for Luna's post I'd say maybe do more "core" related workouts if you can i.e. holding a backpack at arms length with 1-2 books for 30 sec to 1 min and move up from there. Maybe get some elastic bands and do tension stuff too, which will allow you to isolate the different parts of the body without overly straining the hurt leg. Foodwise it sounds like you're doing everything right and I'm no expert, but I was told that the more times you eat (spreading your 3 meals into 6 or so +healthy snacks) keeps your body from going into starvation mode and keeps it comfortable with burning calories :D

Hope that helped.

Regarding Andaruiz,

Yeah whatever dude, you know that the only reason you can even try to claim that is because you got me hooked on NF the day that post came out. I'm pretty sure (in this context) sidekicks are supposed to be a mutual thing like Donnie and Marie osmond, Simon and Garfunkel, or Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo . I'm just Donny, Simon, and Guy-Manuel ;)

Level 4 Scarecrow Ranger*STR 7 DEX 10 STA 7 CON 4 WIS 12 CHA 10"Mastering others is strength, Mastering yourself is true power."-Lao Tzu-

*These levels and goals are personal and don't expressly reflect my NF progression.

My 6 Week Challenge

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29996-sage-cicada-scarecrows-hop/

Ha, I was thinking more like Laurel and Hardy!..... Much more applicable I think.

Yeah, I think you win. Laurel and Hardy it is.

My 6 Week Challenge

Oh, also, almost forgot:

Hello Ktread and Drowningmedusa! :D

My 6 Week Challenge