Looking for awesome in Omaha

Hi!

I'm a wife and mother in Omaha NE with a love/hate relationship with fitness. I've done a half marathon but wouldn't call myself a runner. I try to lift but have terrible ADD in man-land (the free weights area). I need someone who is willing to try new things and isn't willing to cave to the bitter sarcasm that slips out when things get tough. :ambivalence: I'll bust my butt and push through!

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

5'9 182

"You can't make footprints in the sand while sitting on your butt. And who really wants to make buttprints in the sand?"

Hey, I'm a husband and father in Omaha, so I thought I'd say hi. Our family has been going to Prairie Life Fitness for a few years, but I just finished my first month at CrossFit 402, and have been liking it a lot. The coaching and group dynamic is something that is new to me.

Hey, I'm a husband and father in Omaha, so I thought I'd say hi. Our family has been going to Prairie Life Fitness for a few years, but I just finished my first month at CrossFit 402, and have been liking it a lot. The coaching and group dynamic is something that is new to me.

My sister loves CrossFit and has lost a ton. She looks amazing. I did Kosama for a bit but I don't think I could afford to continue. I think about getting back into it but I think I'd miss my running too. Have you been pretty successful in juggling it all? I always feel like I'm falling about two hours short....

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

5'9 182

"You can't make footprints in the sand while sitting on your butt. And who really wants to make buttprints in the sand?"

I used to exclusively run, and still enjoy it though I don't do it very often, and when I do it's often with my kids, which means stop and go, slower pace. I've done a half marathon, and 30km race. Our family did the Memorial Day run at Boys Town this year, and I rarely run more than 5-6 miles, as I don't have the time, and attention span, to run distance anymore. I've come around to the view that focusing on intensity provides a better results in less time. For me a least, a few months with barbells have had a greater impact my body composition (and strength) than years of running ever did, in much shorter workouts. Regarding free weights as "man land" -- for what it's worth, my Olympic lifting class at CF 402 last week was coached by a woman, and the men in the class were outnumbered 5 to 3.

http://www.fitocracy.com/profile/knickknack/