Knightwatch in, KNIGHTWATCH 2: The Return of Knightwatch

Knightwatch

glad you posted your progress pics. mine were beginning to feel embarrassingly lonely. we are going to rock this. you're going to deadlift the world, and i'm going to kipping pull up the world. and run. :)

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Awesome starting point KW, very inspiring! I hope to be as imposing (size-wise) someday! Right now, my "shape" just elicits a lot of unsolicited hugs instead of intimidating people to submission. Hahaha!

@Nightlight, I'm about to post my starting pictures too! But I'm having second thoughts after seeing KW's HAHAHA. I kid.

Good luck the rest of this week.

glad you posted your progress pics. mine were beginning to feel embarrassingly lonely. we are going to rock this. you're going to deadlift the world, and i'm going to kipping pull up the world. and run. :)

Hey, just get me better lighting in my room and maybe? There's still some discomfort with the "whole pictures on the internet" thing. Maybe more now that I know a couple of these rebels in person. Also I don't know how to make my tablet take a picture on a timer.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

How does one respond without making KW feel like a piece of meat? hmmmmmm I'll think that over for a while and get back to you ;)

OH! It came to me: you're starting off at a pretty good place, sir.

bahahaha excellent response. ditto this.

also, kudos to those who are brave enough to post pics. i am not there yet.

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

How does one respond without making KW feel like a piece of meat? hmmmmmm I'll think that over for a while and get back to you ;)

OH! It came to me: you're starting off at a pretty good place, sir.

Lol, all of this :) Pics might happen one day for me, but not for a while

Aw, shucks. :) Thanks!

Lol, all of this :) Pics might happen one day for me, but not for a while

Honestly, I'm not one to post pics like that publicly, but despite NF's size it still remains one of the chillest, most supportive communities around. I consider it a "safe" place for such things. :)

Could your underwear be any tighter? I think it's that, more than anything, that's causing all the drool and jealousy.

hahahahaha, I assure you, of all things worthy of drool/jealousy, that is certainly not on the list. :P

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

http://www.facebook.com/#!/jbaileysewell

Heya Rebels!

Pretty decent day today, despite an inglorious start and some personal/professional life disappointments.

I had to skip breakfast. Boo. Like I said, rough start beginning with an emergency phone call from work.

Then I didn't really eat through the day, but I did keep up on my water intake, so there's a plus.

Post-work I grabbed, uh, a lobster roll. Random, I know. But it's summer, and I'm a New Englander. Sue me.

Workout was decent. Nothing ridiculous, but I'm not too far off from some prior strength levels.

SPLIT JERK PRACTICE

Note to self: PVC just doesn't work. Even if that's what's prescribed as the "practice" session, use a blank bar.

SPLIT JERK, 5x3, 5x1

45 x 3

95 x 3

135 x 3

145 x 3

155 x 3

185 x 1

195 x 1

205 x 1

215 x 1

225 x 1

DEADLIFT

135 x 5

185 x 4

225 x 3

275 x 2

315 x 1

365 x 1

405 x 2

(Didn't go all out. Likely could have had one or two more, but I'm working around a couple tweaks here and there. Still ina good spot for a nice easy progression to my DL goal.)

RANDOM WOD ON THE FLY

3 rounds, not for time, but kinda-sorta briskly, of:

* 400 meter run

* 12 pushups

* 6 pullups

Just a simple something.

Then I had a protein shake, and a short time later, made this dish as a part of my trying-new-recipes thing.

Actually, I dunno if it's really fair to call it a "dish", as it's not a helluva lot different than what I typically cook now, but whatever.

Started by tossing some olive oil, green pepper, sweet onion, and fresh ground pepper together.

0620dinner1.png

While that was going, I halved up a handful of grape tomatoes and sliced a top sirloin thin. Dumped the tomatoes in, gave it a minute or two, and grabbed some red pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce, and a lime.

0620dinner2.png

Added the steak and spices, cooked it up for a few, and squeezed half the lime over the whole thing right after plating. Easy peasy.

0620dinner3.png

Had it with another liter of water, and a beer. Lovely.

And now I'm hitting the hay, and hoping for a better start tomorrow!

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." --GK Chesterton

Domine, non sum dignus ut intres sub tectum meum, sed tantum dic verbo et sanabitur anima mea...

SPLIT JERK PRACTICE

Note to self: PVC just doesn't work. Even if that's what's prescribed as the "practice" session, use a blank bar.

looks like we all did jerks today! -- and yea. PVC = no go. at least an empty 15k bar.

Then I had a protein shake, and a short time later, made this dish as a part of my trying-new-recipes thing.

Actually, I dunno if it's really fair to call it a "dish", as it's not a helluva lot different than what I typically cook now, but whatever.

Started by tossing some olive oil, green pepper, sweet onion, and fresh ground pepper together.

0620dinner1.png

While that was going, I halved up a handful of grape tomatoes and sliced a top sirloin thin. Dumped the tomatoes in, gave it a minute or two, and grabbed some red pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce, and a lime.

0620dinner2.png

Added the steak and spices, cooked it up for a few, and squeezed half the lime over the whole thing right after plating. Easy peasy.

0620dinner3.png

Had it with another liter of water, and a beer. Lovely.

And now I'm hitting the hay, and hoping for a better start tomorrow!

That looks DELISH. also, love the TJ's beer in the shot there.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

you had a VERY grown-up day yesterday with that meal! awesome job!

...we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter. - Tom Robbins

Current Challenge: Life, man.

Thanks all! :)

So, today.

Got up, ate my standard decent breakfast, 3 eggs scrambled with veggies and turkey breast, a handful of berries, cup of coffee and a liter of water. Took my supps.

Lunch was steamfresh veggies and chicken. More water.

Post workout was chocolate milk and a peach.

Dinner was steak tips, green beans, and some sweet potato fries and a couple beers and awkward failures of interactions with my bartendress. And bacon.

Workout was good, though!

BENCH PRESS

45 x 5

95 x 4

135 x 3

185 x 2

225 x 1

245 x 3

245 x 3

245 x 3

WOD

4 rounds of:

* 2 minutes calorie row

* 2 minutes plate situps with 45lb plate

score was total number of calories and situp reps. 276

Dinner was steak tips, green beans, and some sweet potato fries and a couple beers and awkward failures of interactions with my bartendress. And bacon.

Your bartendress was clearly not one of the fine NF ladies who have been admiring your physique on this thread. On the plus side, bacon always seems to make up for any awkwardness in life. Nice eating, nice lifting - way to go!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wookie Ranger

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

"Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name worth remembering." - Teddy Roosevelt

Your bartendress was clearly not one of the fine NF ladies who have been admiring your physique on this thread. On the plus side, bacon always seems to make up for any awkwardness in life. Nice eating, nice lifting - way to go!

haha I dunno, even bacon with all its wonderous properties would be hard pressed to make me less socially awkward! :P

haha I dunno, even bacon with all its wonderous properties would be hard pressed to make me less socially awkward! :P

Thankfully, Man invented The Beer. Levels the playing field of all socially awkward situations. :D Besides it's like everything else, practice makes perfect.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Pretty decent day thus far.

Was a bit rushed this morning, so I had to chug a shake made of coffee, milk, egg white, and protein powder for breakfast. Lunch 1 was a 50/50 blend of cottage chesse and a Yoplait yogurt, a couple meatballs, a small bit of salad, and a handful of strawberries and pinapple. Lunch 2 will be another steamfresh veggie bag mixed with chicken.

Not sure about dinner yet. Might be something I whip up at home, or I might be out for sushi. I dunno. To be honest, I gotta work all weekend and I'd rather just have a quiet night at home tonight to take care of some things, so I'm leaning towards that.

Still gotta figure out what I'm doing for a workout, and grab a haircut at some point. Looking like a damn dirty hippy, I tell you. :P

Thankfully, Man invented The Beer. Levels the playing field of all socially awkward situations. :D Besides it's like everything else, practice makes perfect.

You make an excellent point! But I tell you, I've been practicing for like mumblemumble years now, and there's a far ways to go to mere competance, let alone perfection. ;)

^THIS

YES, 100% THIS.

How often do you eat buckets of bacon? Because you sure talk about them a lot. What would Spenser have said to the waitress?

haha, only a couple times a month. Every Thursday night they have bacon happy hour, free and served in buckets. Granted, they're cute lil' tiny buckets. But still. Buckets! :)

And Spenser would probably ask if she wanted to see a one arm pushup. Note to self: get a one arm pushup.

haha, only a couple times a month. Every Thursday night they have bacon happy hour, free and served in buckets. Granted, they're cute lil' tiny buckets. But still. Buckets! :)

And Spenser would probably ask if she wanted to see a one arm pushup. Note to self: get a one arm pushup.

Wait where are there buckets of bacon? Why am I just finding out about this now?! So could have used this info back in May.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

That's amazing. Next time I'm in the Boston area I will need to take advantage of Bacon Happy Hour. I mean, come on! So awesome!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines