Pullups/Dips = Muscle Ups

-Chest must touch

-After Failure Kipping

-Test Muscle Up (deadhang) at the end of each week

Goal 2

Constitution - 3 to CON

Cold Showers

-Progressively Make Showers Colder

-Must stay in shower for a minimum to 5 minutes.

• Anything under 5 minutes can be redeemed if the temperature is unbearable

-The water must be colder every day

-Contrast showers cold/hot/cold/hot/cold for recovery 2-3 minutes each temp

Goal 3

Dexterity - 3 to DEX, 1 to CHA

Splits/Straddles

-Stretch Everyday

-Aim for full straddles and splits

-Measure at the end of each week with pictures

Handstands

-Hold unassisted for 30 seconds

-Stretch Hands Daily for resistance

Goal 4

Constitution/Wisdom - 2 to CON, 2 to WIS

Business

-Connect Community

-Tutorial Videos

-Finish Web Design

-Move down to Provo

-Build Gym

Spiritual

-Read Scriptures 3 times a week

-Attend commitment once a week

Well these are my goals for the challenge. Please bug me to stick to them. You guys are the best.

post-4024-13567244165691_thumb.jpg

post-4024-13567244167499_thumb.jpg

Tuesday - June 19th

Went tricking at a local gym ($2 for two hours on a tumble floor). Worked some handstand while there also regained or learned Gumbi to round off back, Standing Arabian (looks ugly though), Front tuck to roundoff (not very clean). Learned I need to work on my corkscrew and not let fear stop me from trying things. Slow down and learn.

Though not part of my challenge I did eat well. Feel that I'm not getting enough calories in.

Made Challenge and took picture today/this morning. Updated Sig too.

Stretching after this post. Min of 30 sec in bilateral splits and straddles

Wednesday - June 20th

Should have slept longer. Rushing in the morning, not sure if I got my full 5 minutes in the shower, but I did make it colder than last time.

Stretching last night felt good. Excited to do that tonight.

Did parkour during lunch. Really need to work on going up on any of my tucks. Was having a problem of setting backwards on my corks at the gym last night. Up, up, up!

Sprints, pull ups, CC tonight. Once I move to provo I can hook up with my girlfriends gym and go back to SS.

EDIT: Only got sprints done. Crazy night.

Really fantastic goals! Becoming more flexible will make your tricks easier to do. I do have one question, about the cold showers. Any particular reason why?

[TABLE=width: 315]

[TABLE=width: 2]

STR:5

STA:7

AGI:6

[/TABLE]

FORTUNE

[TD=align: center]LEVEL II

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FAVORS

[/TD]

WIS:4

CON:5

CHA:3

[/TABLE]

THE BRAVE

[/TABLE]

@Tom, Pat, aszf - Thanks guys. I need all the motivation and encouragment I can get.

@The Barefoot Ninja - There are numerous reasons to do it. But here's some articles for the basic idea: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/search-results/?cx=004987908667488763946%3Akd-fp2c7jek&cof=FORID%3A11&ie=UTF-8&q=cold+showers. Also its fricken hard core.

@imadork - Good. Anything to motivate each other right? Did you stretch?

Cold shower this morning, almost to full blast cold. The shower actually doesn't get cold enough. How often do you hear that outside of an Iranian prison guardroom? Anyways, need to stretch for a while tonight. Do some yoga.

EDIT: Today was a joke, everything fell apart. I started binging on candy at work and got no exercise done. I feel like crap.

Woohoo, a fellow cold shower-er! Nice article at Mark's Daily Apple - I just started it because I like cold showers (or at least I don't hate them) and Joel Runyon stressed how much cold showers in the morning can help with getting energized and rocking one's day. But the health resons are even better!

Good luck with your goals - rock on!

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rix - Level 2 Amazon Assassin

STR 7 | DEX 6 | CON 7 | STA 5 | WIS 7 | CHA 4 | LVL 3

LVL 2 | LVL 1

Work hard, be kind, and amazing things will happen.

Conan O'Brien

[/table]

Great article. I used to begin with the water as hot as I could stand it, then finish up by rinsing in straight cold water--at the time, it was just something cool I had read about in a James Bond novel. Good to know there are actually health benefits to showering cold.

Keep it up!

drsloomis: level 5 human assassin

STR: 15 | DEX: 17 | CON: 12 | STA: 12 | WIS: 14 | CHA: 8

Current Challenge

man i can't get into this cold shower business. it was 2 degrees (Celsius) this morning. no way in hell am i cold-showering in that!

oh but i feel your pain about not being able to control your shower temperature. i live in an apartment block, and the water mains are under the carpark. so during the summer they heat up something fierce. all taps give hot water in the summer :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1

Just read that article on cold water, and it contained some pretty neat stuff! Sometimes after my 6:00 am workout, I get extremely fatigued, usually about an hour or so after. I'm going to try taking cold showers after my morning workout, and see if that helps at all.

[/TABLE]

FORTUNE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FAVORS

[/TD]

WIS:4

CON:5

CHA:3

[/TABLE]

THE BRAVE

[/TABLE]

Well over the weekend I've managed to stick to the cold showers; however, that is really all I've stuck to.

Week 1

Strength and Speed

Ran 2 sets of sprints (1 on monday, 1 on wednesday) at 4 "laps" managed to increase distance and hopefully time. Did not run friday, but sprinted around unmeasured during parkour on saturday.

Did no pull up work and no dip work. Saturday after class tested my hanging muscle ups, they aren't clean though. Total was 5.

Rating: B-

Constitution

Stuck with the cold showers, running out of space on the handle, pretty soon I'll have this challenge down to as cold as it gets. Might supplement with an icebath during the next few weeks too

Rating: A

Dexterity

Stretched once on monday. Total joke too. Maybe did a few handstands during the week really did not maintain much though.

Rating: D

Constitution/Wisdom

Attended my commitment. Did not read scriptures or attend church. This is a hard habit for me to get into. As for the community. Got a gym design from my partner and decided on terms to present in contract form. Really haven't worked on website. Finding time to actually sit down and put my mind too it has been very difficult. But no more excuses. I'll link it when I'm done.

Rating: C+

Overall it really wasn't the best week. I feel off paleo pretty hardcore on one day. I've since cut out all sugar I can. I need to get back to fat burning status. So i don't think I'll really touch anything other than olive oil, meat, vegetables, nuts/seeds, and seasoning. Oh and coconut milk. Did manage a 540 front in the gym, my co-teacher and teammate Dan explained how to set. It finally made sense and apparently I look amazing. I'm totally down to play with it more. I'll put a video up sometime so you can see the extra progress.

Cold showers have done wonders for my morning fatigue. Thanks for the suggestion!

Contract is almost done. Gym designs are done.

Sounds like things are going along smoothly!

[/TABLE]

FORTUNE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FAVORS

[/TD]