Looking for a self-improvement buddy

It occurs to me that maybe I was asking for the wrong things the last time I posted. I don't need someone in the Boston area -- my in-person availability is sporadic at best, but I'm really good at asynchronous communication.

What I'd really like is someone to keep me accountable -- to ask what I ate, whether I exercised, how much time I REALLY spent online and what else I could have been doing with that time, whether I pushed myself as hard as I wanted during my workout, what got in the way of achieving my goals and how I can get over/around the obstacles next time.

It would be good if you are struggling with some of the same stuff -- transitioning to Paleo, raising kids, working full-time. Because, honestly, "I'm too busy," or "my _____ need me" tend to be my biggest excuses for not taking care of myself, and I'll ignore your tough love if I think you just don't get it.

So . . .here I am, trying again to find a "not-a-sidekick," maybe a 'self-improvement buddy.' Are you interested?

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

Hey LRB! I'm down for a self-improvement buddy. I've been reading NF for some time now, just getting into the Paleo routine as well. I don't have kids but, I do spend 50 hours a week working with 12 troubled adolescent girls. I'm looking for someone that can keep me in line as well. My fiance and I just moved in with his mother, to help her out. My biggest "reason" for not working out tends to be the extreme lack of comfortable space, combined with "too tired/busy/frustrated" (imagine the little things that come with rooming with your 70-year-old mother-in-law). Just to get out of the house for a bit, I am considering the gym. It's possible to work out in four square feet of space, but irritating. There are plenty of areas to exercise outside, however, I get caught in the "too fat to workout outside" trap. I definitely have the mental toughness to get going, (I used to be in really good shape). My main problem right now is consistency, more so with working out than with food. I've done it before, without much support. But, with current circumstances, I think it'd be better to have that swift, external, kick!

In your situation, definitely sounds like the gym would be a good idea -- preferably someplace that will guide you to the sort of workout you want, and can provide feedback as you go.

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom