Sidekicks in Seattle?

Well, what do you know ... I need one too. I live south of Seattle, but I may be moving soon.

How about a little info first, though? I might not be the sidekick for you. For instance, I only do open-water swims on a semiannual basis. I would love to go hiking, but I hope you have a car to get to the trail, because I do not have one. I'm experimenting with weights now and interested in trying yoga, but I'm not a good running partner.

And I'd like to know how hardcore you are when it comes to workouts ... on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being "couch potato" and 10 being "never ever misses a workout"?

Even if we can't go swimming together, I would like to find a hiking buddy. I'm up for any day hikes of 8 miles or less, if you're interested.

Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future.

Hylian Assassin 5'5", 143 lbs.
Half-marathon: 3:02
It is pitch dark. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

I'm in Seattle as well. I go out hiking minimum of twice a month and try to bike whenever I don't feel too lazy. The nice weather has been keeping me out of the gym, but I could definitely stand to spend more time there.

[TABLE=width: 600, class: outer_border, align: center]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hobbit Adventurer

Level 1

The road goes ever on and on

-J.R.R. Tolkien

Fitocracy

Runkeeper

2012 Hiking Challenge

STR – 4.5

DEX – 2.75

STA – 4.25

CON – 6.5

WIS – 4.75

CHA – 5

[/TABLE]

Well, it's getting late in the season, but the weather should stay nice for the next few weeks. Do you have a car, and what mileage are you interested in?

Late in the season? I've been out hiking every month this year. I actually prefer winter hiking, as long as the snow's not too deep...

Went up Bandera today, it was hot as hell!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hobbit Adventurer

Level 1

-J.R.R. Tolkien

Fitocracy

Runkeeper

2012 Hiking Challenge

STR – 4.5

DEX – 2.75

STA – 4.25

CON – 6.5

WIS – 4.75

CHA – 5

[/TABLE]

Well, let's assume for the sake of argument that I will not hike in snow, and I prefer not to hike in rain (when possible). My gear budget and tolerance for misery are limited, so I'd rather go when the weather is nice.

Well, let's assume for the sake of argument that I will not hike in snow, and I prefer not to hike in rain (when possible). My gear budget and tolerance for misery are limited, so I'd rather go when the weather is nice.

Snow hiking is not that bad. I used to go on a yearly trip with my church group where we would hike up Paradise, and dig out snow caves and sleep there overnight. Granted, it was miserable, but at the same time it was rediculously awesome. Plus, sledding and playing around once you were done with your cave made it way worth it. (Cave to Cave snowball fights are AWESOME!)

Late reply is laattteee, haha.

Anyways, I don't have a car but as long as there's bus nearby, I can bus there! I'm basically willing to hike as long as it isn't in pouring rain. I haven't tried hiking in snow, but I'm assuming that unless it's not very cold (a.k.a sunny weather to counterbalance the snow, haha), I'd probably pass.

Snow hiking has been fine, I usually start out with a smartwool longsleeve, fleece & rain jacket. Plus hat & gloves, sometimes my smartwool leggings if it's really cold. I always end up being really warm &stay pretty dry, even in the rain. Hike in the woods, the trees shield much of the rain.

Anyway, I go out twice a month usually on Friday mornings. Perhaps we should setup an invite-only NF group on meetup.com for organizing local outings. Anyone interested could request an invite here. Just a thought...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hobbit Adventurer

Level 1

-J.R.R. Tolkien

Fitocracy

Runkeeper

2012 Hiking Challenge

STR – 4.5

DEX – 2.75

STA – 4.25