Gamers against bigotry!

This is a bit OT from my usual crossfit rants, but relates to online gaming--so I came here to help an amazing cause get some feedback from some of the most pro-equality gamers I know, NF!!

I run an LGBTQ* magazine IRL, and one of the lovely people contributing to it (whom also has his own very successful company in his own right) for our next issue has just come up with (what I think) is a great idea to combat bigotry in online gaming.

Enter: http://gamersagainstbigotry.org/

"As a gamer, I realize I contribute to an incredibly diverse social network of gamers around the world, and that my actions have the ability to impact others. In effort to make a positive impact, and to create a community that is welcoming to all, I pledge to not use bigoted language while gaming, online and otherwise."

Thoughts? Ideas? He's looking for feedback--and I'll be sure to pass along any I get from the community to let him know how the site can be improved!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Elven Ranger

STR 3||DEX 2||STA 3||CON 3||WIS 2||CHA 2

"Do or do not, there is no try."

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

"Love conquers all." <3 Xanthe 05/23/07 <3

Back Squat: 85# Deadlift: 185#

http://the-original-kaylith.tumblr.com/

Nice idea - The one suggestion I'd make is to change the section "Bigoted language includes, but is not limited to, the following:" to general terms, like "slurs based on nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability...", etc. Some people who would never express bigotry based on one thing, think nothing is wrong with their bigotry towards another thing. (For example, I've know people who would never discriminate based on orientation, but see nothing wrong with saying some very offensive things about other people's religion.)

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0