I'm baaaaaack.....

Mainly because I keep getting reminders about the kind of incredible people there are here, I'm coming back!

Different expectations, different attitude. Hopefully I'll create less drama in my head this time around.

My big news... 6 days from today I will be competing at the Canadian Track and Field Olympic Trials. I have no shot to make the team, but I'm throwing really well and I have a really good shot to make the final. Wish me luck!

Welcome back! I can't wait to hear about the trials, I knew it was a goal of yours and I was wondering how I could figure out how it went without being an internet creepo.

No need for internet stalking, though it's an activity I participate in regularly. I'm currently ranked 8th, but I have a great chance to move up.

And thank you for the welcome. I missed you guys.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy we missed you! Glad you are back :)

NICE job at the trials!

Thanks :) It was a lot of fun. Calgary really turned out for the meet, which was a surprise, and they actually let us throw on the infield, which is really rare. Great vibe.

Also...for you...

Oh... did that make me laugh.

Book, you're back! :)

That is an awesome, epic photo there, dude.

Don't be such a stranger, huh?

Thanks, RaeVynn! I'm tryin'. Between that trip and now another plane trip this weekend, I'm finding it hard to catch up. (shh... I haven't worked out since the meet, and I've got another one coming up on the 22nd. This could suck.)

Holy awesome, great job! You show those whippersnappers what for!

LOL, thanks, although one kid less than half my age beat me. He better turn into the next national star... that's all I'm sayin'.

YESSSSSSSSSS! So much awesome in this thread right here!!!

Thanks, katscratch :) I *feel* awesome.

LOL, thanks, although one kid less than half my age beat me. He better turn into the next national star... that's all I'm sayin'.

And how many more young punks did you put in their place? I see you beat someone else less than half your age that you beat and nobody on that finals list within 10 years of you.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

Here's a little update and a small woot.

Since coming back from vacation, I've been ramping up my workouts again, and they're coming along nicely. I'm within shouting distance of my working sets/distance again. Next Sunday (9 days from now) I have another competition. I'm actually the meet director for this one, but it's pretty low-key, so I don't think my performance will suffer. There's a rumor I'm going to throw in my kilt, though.

The woot is because of my most recent workout. I had a squat/good morning workout scheduled for last night, but I let myself get distracted by personal issues (still, probably a good idea for me to skip it. When my head is in that kind of place, lifting heavy weights is not a good idea). The good thing is that I actually got up early this morning and got the workout in, when my head was in a better place. I'm not sure regularly getting up that early to do a heavy weight workout is a good thing, but I'm still at a stage where I'm not lifting too heavy, so it was okay for now. And now I'm set up for a good throwing workout this weekend!

Now, my only problem is... I'm still (officially) going after that Canadian 40+ record, but part of the process of validating the record is to get the meet director's statement. Do you think they'll accept it if *I'm* the meet director? :)

Congrats and welcome back (belatedly). Hammer throw, right? Maybe an assistant meet director can do it? Or a combination of the judges?? Or just get video of it and let someone else do it??

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Haha! YES, nice work using that motivation.

Rules were created to make getting from point A to point B more of a challenge. I say if you can legally validate yourself, do it. But if you can't, so I second wildross.

PS- I'm watching Almost Famous right now. I'm at this part:

William: I'm glad you were home.

Lester: I'm always home. I'm uncool.

William: Me too!

Lester: The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone else when we're uncool.

William: I feel better.

Lester: My advice to you. I know you think those guys are your friends. You wanna be a true friend to them? Be honest, and unmerciful.

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

Thanks wildross!

Now, I feel like my workouts are almost back, but tonight my first two exercises sucked. Still, did I take icedtrip *almost* putting up 455 in his first workout back as motivation to put up 455 twice? Yes, yes I did.

Uh huh....I see how it is. Just what I needed to see...

That'll do, Book. That'll do.

:)

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

WOOooooo!

For the first time since about June 20th (getting sick, big competition, vacation, a certain amount of laziness getting back into it), I felt *good* in the weight room. I'm not all the way back, but it was *fun*. And yes, I'm still using icedtrip getting a little too close as motivation to put up some good weight in the deadlift. Some goooooooood weight. (I think your window is closing, good sir).

I've also added back in my kettlebell work during the day, plus planks. I'm actually worried that I will push my weight workouts too far with one competition remaining on August 11th. I'm proud that I actually loaded up the bar tonight with a *big* weight, but then backed off and didn't try it, seeing as I'm still working my way back, and I want to have a good throws workout tomorrow.

When's my next lift????