student living alone at university - looking for a sidekick!

Hello alll,

I am sorry I'm kind of late in joining the party, but I'm here now! Is anyone still reading these?

If yes, I need a sidekick! I don't care if I meet them in person or not, but I need someone who will specifically keep me accountable. I am looking for someone with a similar lifestyle as mine, so first I will write about my life:

I am a grad student, living alone, at university. I do research, which involves lab work and odd hours (at times). I am trying to find time for myself, so that I give more attention to my health, fitness and overall well being. I want to be the best me that I can be! Right now, these are the things I struggle with:

1. frequently eating out with friends
  2. Not cooking enough
  3. making it to the gym every evening (I am better at this since joining the current challenge though)
  4. following a routine, may it be with workout, or food

So I need a buddy who preferably has similar goals/situation as me. If you choose me, be sure that I will stalk you here on the community boards (not in a creepy way), and call on you if you are not doing what you promised to do. I'm good a nagging. :topsy_turvy: And I expect you to do the same! We can keep a track of each other's progress, and make sure we are not "falling off the wagon", so to speak.

So... Aaaaaaaaannnnnyone?

Human Adventurer
First completed challenge| my paleo experience
Never underestimate the power of Momentum.
Believe in action. Not in the consequence of it.

Hi!

Potential virtual sidekick here: I'm in a similar life situation to you in that I am also a grad student, doing research (both for work and for my PhD, although mine does not involve labs), and living alone. My area in need for sidekickery is slightly different in that I could really do with someone to hold me accountable on my work - I don't have too much of a problem with the eating and workouts anymore, largely I think because I have very creatively turned those things into ways to procrastinate over my thesis... Getting my research finished though is really becoming a problem. If you are up for bugging me over my productivity I'd be very happy to do the same for your goals!

Always kick higher

Sounds good to me, Jedi! Funny you should mention it, because I feel like I am heading down the same way - using exercising as a method of procrastination on my work. I'm working on my PhD too, but have a good couple of years till I finish. Yes, I can totally bug you to do work. If you tell me what you need to accomplish, and by when, I can be your human reminder. One that you can't hit snooze on. :)

Human Adventurer
First completed challenge| my paleo experience
Never underestimate the power of Momentum.
Believe in action. Not in the consequence of it.