BLTN Challenge (AKA-Better Late Than Never Challenge)

Ergolad

I've been a longtime reader of NF and lurked around the boards, but never really participated. I've always been curious about these challenges, but never found the motivation. Well, I'm feeling the need for some structure and goals lately, so I've decided to step up and join in.

About me: I started running in Feb 2011 to lose weight. I followed training programs from RunKeeper for most of 2011, culminating in running my first marathon in Mar 2012. I started transitioning to minimalist shoes about 9 months ago and run in a combination of Vibram FiveFinger Bikila's, NB Minimus MT10's & Brooks PureCadence. I tend to run alone and often very late at night. I've been fairly self motivated, but recently, in addition to running solo, started trail running with a group called the Pasadena Pacers once a week. This has certainly been adjusting my clock somewhat. Trail running in the dark = Not so much.

I'm fairly Paleo in my diet, but include some dairy, mostly yogurt, a bit of cheese and some milk every now and then. In addition to running I weight train once a week with a trainer friend. Our focus is on functional fitness heavily influenced by the SuperSlow method & physical therapy exercises/techniques. I have also been a practitioner of traditional long form Yang style Tai Chi Chuan for over 20 years. My Tai Chi practice tends to cycle between periods of intense activity, followed by long blocks of time away. I intend to make regulating my Tai Chi practice the subject of a future Challenge.

I spent about 2.5 months early this year rehabbing a shoulder injury, which is about 95% and had some meniscal surgeries on both my knees between 1999-2001. I try to be very mindful of my body and so far have been very blessed to work out any injuries I may have had.

I work in the entertainment industry, and though currently between jobs, one my greatest challenges is balancing my health and fitness goals with my demanding work schedule.

I also drink ridiculous amounts of green tea.

STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 4 | CON: 2 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 3

GOALS

• FITNESS: Train for the Bulldog 25K (DEX:1, CON:3 & STA:2)
  • FITNESS/WELLBEING: Meditate daily (WIS:3)
  • FITNESS/HEALTH: Go to bed early and get 6-9 hours of sleep (CON:2)
  • LIFE/PROFESSIONAL: Self promote & create more job opportunities (WIS:2 & CHA:2)

DETAILS

Bulldog 25K: This is the beginning of a long term goal to run an Ultramarathon in 2013. The BD25K is scheduled for Aug 25th, but I'm hoping this challenge will help me stay on track for it. I train approximately 3 or 4 times a week, but took the first week of this challenge off due to some minor pain in my left arch that was nagging at me. I attribute this to training too aggressively in new minimalist shoes (NB MT10) on a surface that is fairly foreign to me.

I'm starting back into my training today with a conservative first week, seeing how my feet feel. I'll be favoring my more supportive Brooks shoes, but incorporating my FiveFingers and NB gradually. My intent is to run the BD in the NB. I'm building a calendar on my own for the first time, a training schedule based on some of my previous programs, but dialed to trail running and the 15 mile distance. I track all my runs with my iPhone on RK & Daily Mile, so that gives me a good idea of my progress and a place to evaluate metrics. In addition I track my heart rate & use a Garmin as a backup.

It's really important for me not to overdo it. Taking this last week off was a bit frustrating, and moving forward I have to discipline myself not to push the mileage excessively, no matter how good I feel.

• Define a training plan & follow it
  • Gradually increase mileage
  • Vary terrain
  • Listen to my body

Meditate Daily: At the beginning of this year I took a 6 week online course in Mindfulness Meditation. Having studied many different forms of meditation, my practice had become pretty muddled. I'd gotten to a place where I just wanted to follow a structured approach. Following the course, which I really enjoyed, I practiced daily for about 4 months. However, I found it difficult to maintain when work picked up. Rather than being flexible with the amount of time I spent sitting, I tried to stay with 30 mins. Ultimately, not cutting myself slack, I ended up dropping the practice altogether.

I'd like to get back into a daily practice, once each morning before I start my day for 10-30 mins. If I am working, and my schedule is particularly demanding I will default to 10 mins. I have an app that allows me to track my meditations, so this will help me be aware, of my progress.

• Meditate 10-30 mins first thing each morning
  • Be flexible with work schedule/Adjust meditation time accordingly
  • Track each meditation
  • Start communicating in my meditation community forum again for support

Go to bed early: I'm in the habit of staying up late and doing busy work, watching TV, etc. As such I'm not getting enough sleep which is effecting my recovery and overall health.

• Don't work out too late
  • Limit caffeine consumption later in the day
  • Meditate at night if having a difficult time winding down, rather than turning on the TV or jumping on the computer
  • Go to bed at the same time as my wife (she always gets a good nights sleep AND would probably like it)

Self Promote & Create Job Opportunities: My work is 100% networking. Fairly new to my current position, it's important that I nurture work relationships, stay in touch with colleagues and inform people of my availability. I worked fairly steadily in 2011, but burnt out a bit. I purposely dropped out for the beginning of 2012 to take a rest and reevaluate my work goals. Ultimately when I needed to get back to work, I'd fallen out of touch with my contacts and lost momentum. I've been struggling to generate work ever since.

I can remedy this situation by keeping in contact with past employers, seeking out new employers/work relationships & nurturing the contacts that I have. I have done this off and on, but I have not been as aggressive, nor as consistent as I know I can be. In addition, I've been fairly selective, in hopes of developing the contacts that I have the most affinity with. I need to consider that opportunities can come from a variety of sources & not discount someone due to a past experience.

• Reach out to 3 existing contacts every day
  • Think outside the box, seeking new work relationships
  • Track with email smartlists
  • Keep resume & web sites updated
  • Attend union events

So there you go, my first shot at a 6(5) Week Challenge. I'll update this as I can, look forward to hearing your feedback and reading up on your progress. I'm a bit of a newb, so suggestions are welcome. I guess I should get out there and go for a run?

Thanks!

Congratulations on your first marathon! That's a great accomplishment.

Your goals look awesome - specific and measurable. I like how you've outlined obstacles and ways to overcome them.

Regarding sleep: I used to have a chaotic sleep schedule. Over the past year, I've slipped into a regular 8 hours. This helps me:

• Going to bed and waking up at the same time everday, even on weekends.
  • Cutting caffeine 8 hours before bed.
  • Exercising.

I hope you're able to nail this one. Being rested makes all other goals just a little easier.

It never gets easier, you just get better.

Blog -- 1st Challenge! -- Log -- Pinterest -- Goodreads

I'm obviously not excelling at the go to bed early goal. (Good suggestions Susie!) But I did contact 7 people about work in the last 2 days, got my run in and have been meditating. Gonna weight train today and look at my BD25K Training Plan a little more closely.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4242[/ATTACH]

Great job on the marathon, and I can appreciate the ultra goal...I hope to do a 50k, then a 50 mile within the next two years.

The sleep schedule is tough for me too, but it seems the consistent meditation can go a ways towards helping to achieve the sleep goal. I find if I spend time either first thing in the morning or last thing before bed being intentionally still, then I sleep better.

Good luck with the complete rehab and all of your goals!

Celtic ScoutLevel 4Str 8 | Dex 7.5 | Sta 12.25 | Con 9 | Wis 10.5 | Cha 7.75Battle Log"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks ellisd012!

Alright. I'm off for a run in a moment. Feet are feeling on track. Put together a plan adapted from a 1/2 marathon program by Jeff Gaudette. I did his Marathon training program on RK and really dug it.

My plan doesn't specify which shoes I'm going to run in, but I'm going to be fairly conservative and use my Brooks PureCadence if ever in doubt. But the goal is to incorporate my NB and 5Fingers, ultimately running in the NB MT10. The Cadence aren't really good trail shoes, so I'm thinking if the NB MT10's aren't feeling like the way forward I might drop some coin on the MT110. I tried these on a few weeks ago and ran a bit in them. Really dug them, but couldn't justify buying another pair of shoes. (I am a shoe whore.) I had a few pairs of mint old-school kicks in my closet and have since sold them on eBay. Scored just about the cost of the MT110's. (Right?!) So we'll see. Only time will tell how my feet respond to this training. I'll adapt, but may have to compromise my minimalist ideals with the limited time I have.

You can check out my training calendar:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4572[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4573[/ATTACH]

I'm pretty clear on what "steady, fast and slow" mean to me by feel and heart rate. As for some of the other hieroglyphics:

• "6 = 1/4/1" would mean 1 mile slow, 4 fast & 1 slow, for a total of 6 miles. Midweek runs like this are always a slow & fast, where my weekend long runs are steady and fast
  • "4+ :20/2X4" would mean 4 miles slow ending with 4 intervals of 20 sec fast with 2 min recovery.
  • "Combo" runs start and end with a slow mile, but have a creamy 1 mile fast, 2 min recovery interval center. So a 6 Combo would have 4 intervals sandwiched between two slow miles.

So there's my plan for running. My long runs will be on trails, while my shorter ones will be mixed trails/street depending on my schedule. It's dialed back considerably from what I was running before I took the week off to rehab my foot. The plan doesn't show this ultra conservative week I've been having, feeling things out and getting back in the groove.

WORK - My communications have yielded a job interview for Monday. Happy about this, but not going to rest on my laurels. Gonna keep reaching out to folks.

MEDITATION - Been meeting my meditation goals daily, but not at a fixed time.

SLEEP has been crap. Gotta get that fail sorted.

Other than all the fitness networks that are in my signature, I've started posting my meditation sessions and running to Twitter. I've never really been a big Twitter guy, but since both my meditation and running apps support it, I figured why the heck not.

At some point I'm going to gift a copy of iSmoothRun in some kind of challenge over the next few weeks. I love the app and want to support the developer. He gave me my copy for free back when he was first developing it, so I want to give back and spread the love. Ideas are welcome!

I really like the metronome feature of iSmoothRun. Great idea.

Another Scout here has a deal set up with a friend wherein he gives that friend $5 everytime he skips a workout. Maybe you could arrange something like that with your wife regarding sleep? Maybe give her a $5 every time you don't stick to your sleep schedule?

Another late night runner! Welcome!

...although it probably doesn't help your "get more sleep" goal. Been there. Just like an ultra, keep moving forward and you'll get there...and you may hallucinate in the process ;)

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

citabean - I find iSmoothRun more reliable than RK, plus I love that the developer is SO communicative. It is a bit more complex, as it has many more features. What I like most about it is that I can upload to so many different fitness and social networks with it. In addition the GPS is more reliable IMO, and it can be used on a treadmill, not that I do much of that.

Susie_Derkins - Yeah the using the metronome is great to work on my cadence. I use to listen to music when I ran, but since my marathon I've been a bit more of a purist and going without. I have to say I've enjoyed just listening to my breath and the patter of my feet. As such, I use the metronome as a training tool every now and then, but not regularly. But even still, unlike RK, iSR will tell me what my cadence is throughout my run too. So that helps keep me on track.

Thanks for the idea about cutting a financial deal with my wife. I may go there.

KillerGriller - I just love running at night. Especially late at night. It's SO quiet and chill. I've been known to get off a 16 hour day and run at 2 or 3 in the morning. Not so much for trail running.

Allright, I gotta play catch up on my WORK goal.

A̶n̶d̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶y̶,̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶"̶d̶a̶i̶l̶y̶ ̶e̶-̶m̶a̶i̶l̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶i̶f̶i̶c̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶"̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶i̶c̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶g̶u̶y̶s̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶?̶ ̶C̶h̶e̶c̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶m̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ I appear to have resolved the email notification issue. Not ideal, but it's working. See my next post.

Week 2, 10K Solo Challenge complete and posted to the results form!

= 2.73 mi.

= 3.20 mi

= 3.85 mi.

TOTAL = 9.78 mi.

Running wise, very light week for me. Foot coming around pretty well. Still minor tightness when I'm idle, but feels solid on the run. After a week off, and then easing back in with run 1 & 2, I was feeling great. Thought it was a thing of the past, then Saturday, doing a whole lot of nothing, it tightened up a little bit during the day. My run later felt good though. Today it's still a bit tight. Treating it with arnica & rest. May go for some heat later. I'm optimistic. In a way I think I'm obsessing a bit. Usually these things resolve themselves if I get busy and stop thinking about them! May adjust my upcoming weeks schedule a day later, making it Tue, Thur, Sat & Sun. That works better with my Wed weight training anyways, which I was toying with switching to Tues. I was just thinking, once I start working, it would be nice to have Sunday as a complete rest day.... We'll see how I feel tomorrow. But overall I'll consider myself on track for my BD 25K training 100%.

Work search was solid this week. Though I didn't stick to a 3-a-day contact as I'd planned, I met my quota, and then some, lumping it together on 3 bigger days. So far I'm looking at one interview tomorrow and another previous employer expressed enthusiastic interest in having me back (I freelance), so we'll see. I also maintained a dialogue with a few folks, which though it's not yielding immediate fruit, I feel positive that the connection has been refreshed.

Some kind of switch has flipped for me with all this work stuff. I'm feeling better about the whole things and my general attitude is more optimistic. I was debating over whether this was the career path for me, and am now just trusting it more.

Meditated daily, though sometimes just under the gun. I think I started a midweek meditation at like 1154P on one day and finished the following day at like 1220A or so. Overall, it's good medicine for me. The trick is maintaining it when I start working. I have much more flexibility when I've got all this free time.

Sleep has been an almost complete fail. I've gone to bed with my wife 3 or 4 times this week. Which is actually an improvement in itself, but mostly I lay in bed for about an hour F-ing around on my iPhone. One time she went to bed pretty late, so it was a wash, & only once did I actually get to bed at a decent hour. The other days I had work assignments (a side business I have) that I did pretty late at night. I do them late because they require audio recording, and it's quietest at that hour. But honestly I haven't really experimented with ambient noise and audio quality during the day. I bet I could get away with it.

So the long and short of it, all excuses aside the sleep ratio is 1:7. Which also means, 1/7, or July 1st in Europe, 1st Battalion 7th Marines, or on a random biblical note from a guy who's not very religious, "2 Timothy 1:7 - For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline." Interesting what a Google search yields...

For anyone who wondered why I wasn't getting e-mail notifications, it appears it had something to do with forwarding my Hotmail to my iCloud mail. I've since defaulted to my iCloud mail address and it seems to be corrected.

Thanks for the feedback over the last week folks. Kick @$$ and take names with all of your goals/challenges!

Solid goals. In my experience, getting 8-9 hours sleep will go a long way to helping you achieve all the other goals.

[TABLE=width: 700]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wherever you go, there you are.

FSJJunkie (FSJ = Full Size Jeep)

Spartan Scout w/ assassin tendencies

STR:7.75 DEX:7.33 STA:14 CON:5 WIS:7.5 CHA:4

Multisport Athlete (Triathlon/Duathlon/Offroad Triathlon/Adventure)

Previous Challenge

[/TABLE]

I'm glad to hear that things are going well work-wise. I assume that you freelance and I imagine that can be incredibly stressful. Great job on keeping a positive attitude and being super pro-active.

Just reading about your sleep stresses me out. You are much tougher than I am; even the slightest fluctuations in my sleeping throws me into a total (cranky) funk...though I bet the meditating helps a lot. I have never done much (other than yoga), but keep hearing good things.

Just reading about your sleep stresses me out. You are much tougher than I am; even the slightest fluctuations in my sleeping throws me into a total (cranky) funk...though I bet the meditating helps a lot. I have never done much (other than yoga), but keep hearing good things.

Thanks Susie. Yeah, meditating helps out quite a bit and I'm happy to report I am on track with that. Haven't missed a day!

Sleep: I am indeed freelance and the nature of my work can have horrendous hours, kinda like what I would imagine a nurse's hours would be. Sometimes we have 16-18 hour days, switch from days to nights and back again, start the week early and get progressively later as it goes on, until we get the glorious Fraturday where we are getting home at like 6AM Sat morning. I've always had a tendency towards late nights and sleep deprivation. But I feel I'm getting a handle on it. Though my schedule changes a lot, I'm much more adaptable now. In that regard I am happy to say I've been making it to bed at a better hour (maybe not reasonable) and usually with, or within a half hour of my wife. I've also made an empowering decision to change the way I do audio recordings and have been opting to record first thing in the AM. There are a whole host of benefits in this for me:

• I set up my closet so that I could record in there.
  • It has much better acoustics.
  • I can record standing now, instead of seated like I use to, which helps my overall energy.

This simple change, which I don't know why I've put off, has made a huge difference and saved me at least 2 late nights this week.

Work: Another big thing that's happened is I've gotten a job! It starts Aug. 1st and works through March of next year. So that makes me really happy. The other positive is that, from what I can tell now, it appears to have a totally reasonable schedule. It offers good chunks of time off and the hours seem conducive to general sanity and my training!

I'm knocking on wood every chance I get. In my industry things change at the drop of a hat, so I'm cautiously optimistic. Based on this news, my work goal is changing a bit. I won't be doing the daily contacts like I was but I am making a commitment to keep in touch with folks, leading up to and throughout my employment. I want to keep those lines of communication open and fresh! I'm thinking every weekend I will reach out and keep in touch with at least 5 work contacts, tell them what I'm up to, let them know when we've got hiatuses, etc. It will certainly be better than what I've done before, which is fall off the map, and hopefully lead into another job when this is over.

BD25K training is going well. Been on schedule. Slightly modified it earlier this week, being mindful of my recovering overuse injury. Did a 4 mile run last night, a 2 mile fast run between 2 slow miles. I used iSmoothRun for the first time to do pace based intervals. It was a little annoying that "she" kept telling me to run "faster, slower" or keep "steady," but I have to say it totally kept me on track. My slow pace was a 10min/mile (in hindsight my slow should be more like 9:30) and my fast was 8min/mile. Felt really good to pick up the pace for a change, challenge myself cardiovascularly. I've been so careful lately. Other than hills and trails, I haven't done any speed work in ages. Speaking of which, I still have to figure out how to get those Fartleks in. Have a 3 mile run tomorrow, that I'm going to do in my Minimus MT10's, and then I'm going to join a local store, Runnergy, for a 5 mile trail run on Sunday. Expect to break in my new MT110's on that. Whole thing fits my schedule perfect.

Well that's the latest. I'll probably check back in again with an update on Sunday. Kick @$$ and take names everyone!

Quick update:

BD25K Training- On track. Mixed it up today and joined a running store, Runnergy, and went on a new trail run with them. Nice to run in new places and meet new people.

Mediation- On track. Hitting it every day, though mostly at night before bed. Prefer to start the day with it. Going to work on shifting the time.

Sleep- Much better week. Haven't been going to bed as late. On a scale of 1-6, I'd call it a 4.

Work- Excited about the job. Be great to generate some day-playing working between now and Aug 1st. Though, I know I'll be in it come next month, so I'm kinda taking the time to put "my house" in order, take care of loose ends and enjoy the time. Soon it will be in shorter supply. As for keeping in contact with prospective employers, still trying to wrap my head around how to keep the lines of communication open with the work community. Hit my weekend quota of 5 people though. Trying to keep it organic.

Best to everybody!

Awesome to hear about the job! I hope that it works out.

It looks like your running is going well along with practicing meditation...just watch that injury. My foot had been bugging me slightly for a while, then went bad very quickly when I pushed myself for a few days. In my experience, when I do speedwork or hills, I try to ice and elevate my foot, take an aspirin, and stretch really well afterwards (since the injury). I also roll a tennis ball under my foot for some 'deep massage' to help it to heal. I have had a hard time learning to listen to my foot when it tells me to slow down a bit...perhaps I need to concentrate on my form more when going fast....

Celtic ScoutLevel 4Str 8 | Dex 7.5 | Sta 12.25 | Con 9 | Wis 10.5 | Cha 7.75Battle Log"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks folks for the well wishes on the new job. I'll truly celebrate when I actually start working. Always cautiously optimistic, but optimistic none the less!

It looks like your running is going well along with practicing meditation...just watch that injury. My foot had been bugging me slightly for a while, then went bad very quickly when I pushed myself for a few days. In my experience, when I do speedwork or hills, I try to ice and elevate my foot, take an aspirin, and stretch really well afterwards (since the injury). I also roll a tennis ball under my foot for some 'deep massage' to help it to heal. I have had a hard time learning to listen to my foot when it tells me to slow down a bit...perhaps I need to concentrate on my form more when going fast....

I hear ya. D) All of the above. (I like to use a golf ball on my foot.) Running has been a wonderfully engaging dialogue with my body. I really dig that aspect of it. Though there always seems to be some issue I'm dealing with. But by adjusting form, resting or getting body work of some kind, I've been lucky enough to have the conversation remain fairly civil. It's truly amazing what our bodies can do.

Challenge Update

Not a bad week.

BD25K - Took my 1st run of the week off. As ellisd012 mentioned as well, I think the speed work had me a little concerned about my recovering foot stuff. Feels a little too risky for now. My foot hadn't been really improving, nor had it gotten worse. It was just kinda in stasis. So I made some specific choices this week that I feel have me on steadier ground:

• I went to see a massage therapist
  • And followed up with an acupuncturist
  • I'm putting the NB MT10's on hold for a while until this has fully healed
  • I'm dialing back the speed work, focusing on slow and steady pace
  • In line with this weeks mini-challenge, I'm putting focus on stretching, warm up and cool down

The massage therapist worked wonders. I actually ran just a few hours before seeing her, and the following day I didn't have any aches and pains. That's saying a lot, because I'm use to being generally tight the day following a run. This massage was not for playing. She got in deep and really focused on my arch, feet, calves and the overall lower leg. I know there's been research saying massage doesn't help recovery, but I'll take the massage. She also gave me some stretches to help release a lot of my leg & calf tension which she felt was contributing to what was going on. I think I'm going to keep seeing her weekly leading up to the race.

The acupuncturist was great. I love acupuncture. It was really relaxing, but I don't know how much it contributed to the improvements I'm seeing with my foot. I'm going to give it another go next week.

My shoes, the NB MT10's, though I love 'em, I'm putting them on the back burner for a bit. I really dig these MT110's. They are built on the same last as the MT10, so the fit is similar, but they aren't nearly as flexible, having a stability shank and a rock plate. But they seem like a great compromise with good feedback that helps me dial in my form. I did about 10 miles in them, on two separate runs, and really liked the way they felt. Only problem is there appears to be a defect in one of them, a ridge where the rock plate and the inner liner meet the edge of the toe box. It's a total hot spot for one of my toes, that doesn't exist in the left shoe. My local running shoe store is pretty cool, are willing to exchange and have ordered me another pair. Hopefully those will be better. In the meantime I'm using my Brooks PureCadence. Eghh. I just don't like them anymore. Way too mushy. Feel like such a gimmicky shoe. Assuming these MT110's work out in the long run, I'll be looking to find something similar for street.

Meditation - It seems to be sinking in to my head the benefit of doing my meditation earlier in the day. I've been keeping up with my practice, but it's so obvious that doing it even mid-day has it's benefits. There's just something wrong about rushing to get your meditation in before the clock strikes midnight. And there's something so right about setting the tone for your day and sometimes coming back to meditate again at the end of the day!

Sleep - This has been OK. I'd call it a 5 out of 10. I'm taking my wife's lead and that's certainly been helping me. For the most part I've gotten a solid night every day this week. Saturday I just went with it and got a full 10 hours... wow, that was nice. My back hurt I slept so much. My intention is to keep moving forward as I have. I seem to be making tiny moves towards improvement. I'll take that. Again, I'm super curious how this will all play out when work kicks in, but I'll just have to wait and see.

Work - Well if you've been watching my progress, I've been dealt a solid on this front. I've been working with my new employers, helping put together a staff, but officially start work Aug. 1st. Have met a lot of my coworkers both in person, or via the magic of FaceTime over the last week. Looks like it will be a great gig with good people. There had been rumbles of another job (completely separate), which could be very cool coming up in Sep. That kinda has my head going off a bit, as I wouldn't be available. But, I'm just trying to stay present and not try to project too much. Just trusting the process and going with it. Otherwise, I gotta get in touch with a few more people to meet my new quota for the week, maintain the lines of communication!

All in all, I'm feeling good. Great work everybody staying on point with your goals. Appreciate all the feedback you've provided!

Stayed awake super late, for no particular reason other than procrastination. Enjoyed a 3A run, which was fun to do. Haven't done that in a long while. But I'm paying for it today. Wrecked.

at least that's more benefit than a 3am bender or video game.

[TABLE=width: 700]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wherever you go, there you are.

FSJJunkie (FSJ = Full Size Jeep)

Spartan Scout w/ assassin tendencies

STR:7.75 DEX:7.33 STA:14 CON:5 WIS:7.5 CHA:4

Multisport Athlete (Triathlon/Duathlon/Offroad Triathlon/Adventure)

Previous Challenge

[/TABLE]

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines