• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Loren Wade

The Official Whole30/Whole9 Life Support Thread

Does It Starts With Food contain a lot of color graphs and pictures? Trying to decide whether or not I should buy the hardcover or Kindle version.

It doesn't, no. Mostly text.

Awesome! Glad to see everyone starting. Let me know if I can help.

Thank you, and thanks for putting this thread together. It has been a great resource of information! :D I made a thread earlier but I was wondering if I need to cut out yams in order to lose weight. I am a little lost with that.

So far so good. Also, let me take a moment as the resident expert to talk about Spoon Me. it's a froyo place that is here in Columbus. It was the bane of my last challenge. However, this time around, I'm trying something different. they have a product called Banana Whip. it's basically just organic banana that they whip up and put in a dish. Just that one ingredient.

Those of you who are paleo regulars will probably know that paleo "banana ice cream" is basically just banana. No addd stuff, because the banana has enough protein to bind itself together.

Is this whole30 friendly? I guess technically it's a peloization of a junk food, but somehow I don't put this is the same category of meatza or paleo pancakes. I'm willing to call a whipped banana it's own brand of delicious. It's not exactly ice cream, but it does will that same space. It certainly worked for me, so I think I'm going to make it my go-to snack whenever the urge for a frozen treat gets very high. Weighs in, nutritionally, just like eating a banana, which is not the *best* thing you can do, but it's very far from the worst.

Now, to go running after work.

Ahem ... So thanks to the extreme power outage here in Columbus I am getting started on this a day late, but better late than never, yes?

She was a pretty storm, wasn't it. Hit me too. I got some people here that won't have power until the start of next week. Get much damage your way?

So far so good. Also, let me take a moment as the resident expert to talk about Spoon Me. it's a froyo place that is here in Columbus. It was the bane of my last challenge. However, this time around, I'm trying something different. they have a product called Banana Whip. it's basically just organic banana that they whip up and put in a dish. Just that one ingredient.

Those of you who are paleo regulars will probably know that paleo "banana ice cream" is basically just banana. No addd stuff, because the banana has enough protein to bind itself together.

Is this whole30 friendly? I guess technically it's a peloization of a junk food, but somehow I don't put this is the same category of meatza or paleo pancakes. I'm willing to call a whipped banana it's own brand of delicious. It's not exactly ice cream, but it does will that same space. It certainly worked for me, so I think I'm going to make it my go-to snack whenever the urge for a frozen treat gets very high. Weighs in, nutritionally, just like eating a banana, which is not the *best* thing you can do, but it's very far from the worst.

Now, to go running after work.

That sounds awesome for those ice cream craving days.

She was a pretty storm, wasn't it. Hit me too. I got some people here that won't have power until the start of next week. Get much damage your way?

Not a lot at my house, but a lot in the area, yes. Trees down everywhere. We're right in he heart of it. Still no power. Sleeping in th basement was weird and silent. Also bright. I got up thinking we'd overslept because of the brightness ... it was 12:35. Had one small taste of the gir's dessert but part from that I was on the ball. (to befair, we only get gulb jamun about once a year or so, so I figure a small taste is not too bad). Staying whole30 while eating out is tricky, but not too bad.

Thank you, and thanks for putting this thread together. It has been a great resource of information! :D I made a thread earlier but I was wondering if I need to cut out yams in order to lose weight. I am a little lost with that.

Just experiment. Try a week with them. You should still lose weight. If you don't, try cutting them out. :)

Anivair, good to have you in, sucks about those storms!

OK, I'm 3 days in and doing fine. Except... oh shit, I have to get two fillings on Friday. Normally, I'd stop into Jamba Juice, but on the Whole30 that's not going to be happening. And I'm not relishing the idea of trying to suck down nut butter with a mouth full of novocaine. Any ideas on what I can/should eat? It's probably just one meal (lunch), so I'm thinking of skipping the protein entirely and catching up at dinner when I can chew again.

-jj

thatgirljj, I'd just eat a larger breakfast with some additional fat, and plan on skipping lunch altogether. Maybe have a buttered coffee before the dentist visit. :)

Hope it goes well for you!

Starting the Whole30 Challenge today along with Musclebuns and Jez. You should expect some smack talking and whining but whatever you do don't vote against Jez. It's too much motivation and will make my inevitable victory that much harder to achieve.

Naturally I overslept this morning and have only had raw almonds, black coffee, a grapefruit and a good bit of water so far.

My first challenging meal will be a new employee lunch today. We were planning on going to a bbq place and I was going to have brisket without sauce and two servings of greens, now we may go somewhere else so I might have to make adjustments on the fly but I will make it.

I am not doing this to lose weight but it might not hurt to have a benchmark, I weighed in at 202 yesterday and I would like to at least lose no weight as I am still trying to build mass.

There is no longer dairy in my fridge :(

I have been pretty good at following a primal diet for the past 6 weeks but I already know my main challenges for the 30 days: Explaining why I cannot have cake on my birthday and a vacation on days 18-26.

However, Challenge #1 happened on day -1.... where the hell can I buy coconut aminos around here without having to drive an hour or pay $10 in shipping charges????

Days 16-28: Tiger Blood

Goodbye cravings, hello Tiger Blood! This must be what everyone is talking about! You’ve hit the downhill slope of your Whole30 and life is beautiful. Your energy is through the roof, you’ve kicked the cravings, you’re experimenting with new, delicious food, and you’ve finally got the time to notice that your clothes fit better, your workouts are stronger, and you are generally more awesome. There’s not much more to say about this phase – go and enjoy it!

Please pray for my boyfriend during this trip...

Days 16-28: Tiger Blood

Goodbye cravings, hello Tiger Blood! This must be what everyone is talking about! You’ve hit the downhill slope of your Whole30 and life is beautiful. Your energy is through the roof, you’ve kicked the cravings, you’re experimenting with new, delicious food, and you’ve finally got the time to notice that your clothes fit better, your workouts are stronger, and you are generally more awesome. There’s not much more to say about this phase – go and enjoy it!

Please pray for my boyfriend during this trip...

:neglected:

Okay, my husband has gotten through most of the ISWF book... and, while we still have a couple of things in the fridge (greek yogurt, some grass-fed swiss, etc), we are THIS CLOSE to doing the whole30.

It's taken some serious discussions on why this all applies to him, too... and the fact that I DON'T WANT TO GIVE UP STEVIA... but I will for 30 days... and I think we might be ready by Sunday. :)

Okay, my husband has gotten through most of the ISWF book... and, while we still have a couple of things in the fridge (greek yogurt, some grass-fed swiss, etc), we are THIS CLOSE to doing the whole30.

It's taken some serious discussions on why this all applies to him, too... and the fact that I DON'T WANT TO GIVE UP STEVIA... but I will for 30 days... and I think we might be ready by Sunday. :)

Sounds Awesome! I am on day 11 and it's been great so far! :D I'm rooting for ya!

Just got ISWF on my Mum's Kindle after briefly outlining Whole30 to her, looking forward to reading it, hopefully I can get my family interested, either that or I'll start when I go back to Uni!

Day 1...

I don't think I am going to do this everyday but here goes...

breakfast - almonds, grapefruit, coffee

snack - almonds, banana

lunch - brisket (dry rub, no sauce), two orders of collard greens (delicious)

snack - almonds, banana

dinner - spaghetti sauce with italian sausage and two eggs, tea with coconut oil

snack - almonds, coconut oil, nsa apple sauce

I cooked the eggs in the sauce in the microwave, it looked gross but tasted just fine, I will probably do that again tonight as I finish the sauce.

Coconut oil is f'ing wonderful. I opened it and it smelled quite sweet. It had the appearance of wax but immediately melted. I tried it in tea but since I don't have a blender it sat on top, at this point I think I would rather just have a spoonful and then drink a cup of tea. I will admit that it probably only seemed sweet because up until that point the sweetest thing I had eaten was a yellow grapefruit.

Challenges - Watching everyone I had lunch with eat awesome looking desserts and not eating any of the 3+ dozen donuts or mini-crullers or zebra cakes when meeting with friends.

Edited by Jiffy