• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Loren Wade

The Official Whole30/Whole9 Life Support Thread

Question about the tapioca recipe from the mass gain article...

Would the tapioca pudding not be considered Paleo-ifying dessert?

It's definitely something I want to try but I feel like I should wait until after the initial 30, thoughts?

Question about the tapioca recipe from the mass gain article...

Would the tapioca pudding not be considered Paleo-ifying dessert?

It's definitely something I want to try but I feel like I should wait until after the initial 30, thoughts?

Totally is. But you have to look at it from the perspective that you're doing something OUT of the norm. You're trying to gain!

Well, in the end, I think it depends on your goals, but in my opinion I think doing the initial Whole 30 is very important. Then right when you're doing you can turn it into mass gain phase once you get it down. :)

Today is day one of my whole30 journey.

Hopefully it won't be so painful since I eliminated most of my carbs/grains/etc before my vacation.

So far, I'm just sleepy. And having a staring contest with the gigantic tequila chocolate on my desk. >:{

go stick it in a kitchen, or do a drive by chocolating! just leave it on someone else's desk!
^^^^^ I agree. Just get rid of it! You can do it! :D

Yay, it's gone and will taunt me no more.

But damn if I'm not having some ugly carb cravings. At least I'm not grouchy...so far

Today is day three for me and my husband.

We only had to eliminate the (grass-fed) dairy, and I had to drop stevia (*sob*). So far, so good.

Last night was pork chops. And I ate the fat off them. OMG. I hadn't had pork chops in forever and ever....

Day 19, and feeling awesome! I think I am actually going to do another 30 days once I finish my first one! :D

I think that WildRoss's plan is that this isn't a 30 day thing...it's a life thing for us...so, I guess, since I've been eating some dairy(ice cream) the last few days...I'm sort of bidding farewell to what I stopped for the yeast cleanse...and will now never have with a healthy thought of 'earning' it again....

I need a brain exchange!

I think that WildRoss's plan is that this isn't a 30 day thing...it's a life thing for us...so, I guess, since I've been eating some dairy(ice cream) the last few days...I'm sort of bidding farewell to what I stopped for the yeast cleanse...and will now never have with a healthy thought of 'earning' it again....

I need a brain exchange!

I completely agree, and to be honest I think I can definitely adjust to this permanently. It has not been hard for me at all, I've been loving the food and the way I have been feeling. :D I do miss butter, but I know I can always turn butter into Ghee which we already use.

Funny timing. I told my wife I'm staying completely Whole 30 until the end of August. That should 10 weeks.

I'm gonna cheat. It'll happen, but with that in mind, Whole 9 is now a lifestyle for me. I've only been (minus a couple occasions) eating foods from the Well Fed cookbook.

I've never felt this good.

Funny timing. I told my wife I'm staying completely Whole 30 until the end of August. That should 10 weeks.

I'm gonna cheat. It'll happen, but with that in mind, Whole 9 is now a lifestyle for me. I've only been (minus a couple occasions) eating foods from the Well Fed cookbook.

The gal the wrote Well Fed is from Austin I believe (if I've got the right book in mind) I wonder if we could talk her into hanging out with the Nerds in November at Warrior Dash???

That's awesome! I really thought that it was going to be much harder than it has been.

Today is day nine for me. Sunday was a little rough with cravings for sweets at a friends house but the last two days have been pretty good. I was off today so I went swimming and had a trip to the gym to figure out my new one rep maxes (5/3/1 works!). Very positive day with my attitude towards food and lack of cravings.

Today is day nine for me. Sunday was a little rough with cravings for sweets at a friends house but the last two days have been pretty good. I was off today so I went swimming and had a trip to the gym to figure out my new one rep maxes (5/3/1 works!). Very positive day with my attitude towards food and lack of cravings.

That's awesome! I am go glad everything has been going smoothly! Hooray for resisting the cravings! :D I am sure day 30 will come before you know it!

you have a very selective memory.

We must get that book....wellfed.

And I think we kind of let life take hold for a few weeks, but after what stuff did to us again...its going to have to be a real good reason!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Day 3 of my Whole 30. Combined Whole 30 + Leangains (I'm often over on the LG thread). I was noticing that all the dairy I was having to consume to get my protein count up there was making my body generally unhappy and am committed to getting all of my macros through whole foods (and probably from Whole Foods, har). I have to say, the amount of meat necessary to get 170g of protein is staggering. And pulling out the "healthy" sugars from honey, agave, plus all the lactose I was eating... leaving me tired! And here I already thought I'd suffered through the carb flu!