• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Loren Wade

The Official Whole30/Whole9 Life Support Thread

What do you all think if we we planned a NF-wide whole 30 challenge? Unofficial of course unless Staci and Steve want to back it.

Maybe for the next challenge?

I'm in, too! I was planning on doing Whole30 as one of my goals for the next challenge anyway, so it would be great to join others who are doing it as well.

Is there going to be a date set for when we are starting?

Whenever the next 6 week challenge starts.

I will be making a signup list in the first post. Everyone that says they'll be doing it will be added to the list. :)

Whenever the next 6 week challenge starts.

I will be making a signup list in the first post. Everyone that says they'll be doing it will be added to the list. :)

Hello, Luna! **Smack self** You did say challenge, my bad. I just came back from the gym, lol!

Day 3 of my Whole 30. Combined Whole 30 + Leangains (I'm often over on the LG thread). I was noticing that all the dairy I was having to consume to get my protein count up there was making my body generally unhappy and am committed to getting all of my macros through whole foods (and probably from Whole Foods, har). I have to say, the amount of meat necessary to get 170g of protein is staggering. And pulling out the "healthy" sugars from honey, agave, plus all the lactose I was eating... leaving me tired! And here I already thought I'd suffered through the carb flu!

This AND Lean Gains cannot be easy. That is some serious dedication. Good job. Power through!

Hello, Luna! **Smack self** You did say challenge, my bad. I just came back from the gym, lol!

No worries!

I'm in for the next challenge. I've been mostly paleo for a while now, a solid 30 days would definitely be good for me with you all to hold me accountable. My cooking is getting a LOT better so I think I can make it a full 30 days :)

I'm in for the next challenge. I've been mostly paleo for a while now, a solid 30 days would definitely be good for me with you all to hold me accountable. My cooking is getting a LOT better so I think I can make it a full 30 days :)

Added!

Day... um... gee, what day is it... FOUR. That's it, we're on day four. :)

Our weekly CSA box is a lovely addition. This week, raspberries, cherries, and some great greens!

So, a coworker told me today that he was looking at a photo of me from a year ago, and the difference is amazing! He said that whatever I'm doing, keep doing it.

I answered (it was lunch, and I had my BAS) "I'm eating bacon". ;)

The Next Whole 30 Challenge Signup List!

(starts with the next 6-week NF challenge)

I don't remember seeing this when I looked the first time you put this up....

I suppose that I will join the whole30 challenge....

That means I need to read the book this week!!!!! can I get +1WIS if I read the book????

question...

I'm VERY sleepy...sleeping alot....could this be:

a) whole30

B) allergy meds from the last icecream I ate before going whole 30

c) muscle relaxers from the neck pain

d)all of the above?

Ok, My kill all things moment was about the pain..not the food...and WildRoss is safe....

I hate that I sabotaged myself with 4 days of icecream!!! If it was 5, I'm not admitting it...4 is my story, and I'm sticking with it!

WildRoss put frozen berries and almond milk in the blender...nom nom nom!

I am really wanting to start doing the whole 30 but I have a minor problem. I have an Olympic tri and a century bike ride coming up in the not to distance future. In the past I have used Hammer Gel/Honey stingers (sugar) to keep me from bonking during the race. Since there are no cheats allowed I was wondering what would be some good alternatives for my race nutrition? Or should I just put off starting the whole30 until after the race season?

Hey guys, I've been living the paleo lifestyle (dietary) for about two years and pretty much follow Mark Sisson's idea of 80/20 -- fully primal 80% of the time and leaving room for sensible choices (a beer, some plain popcorn, sprouted grain bread, etc) 20% of the time. I also work out regularly.

I've been reading about Whole30 for a few weeks now and interested in giving it a shot. I'll be honest that my primary objective is to clean out my body (i.e. hit the reset switch) and also burn a little stubborn fat around the waistline. I know Whole30 will help with my body's 'reset' but has anyone entered the 30-day program in an already healthy/fit condition and actually burned some extra fat? Appreciate any responses and good luck with the next round!!

Hey guys, I've been living the paleo lifestyle (dietary) for about two years and pretty much follow Mark Sisson's idea of 80/20 -- fully primal 80% of the time and leaving room for sensible choices (a beer, some plain popcorn, sprouted grain bread, etc) 20% of the time. I also work out regularly.

I've been reading about Whole30 for a few weeks now and interested in giving it a shot. I'll be honest that my primary objective is to clean out my body (i.e. hit the reset switch) and also burn a little stubborn fat around the waistline. I know Whole30 will help with my body's 'reset' but has anyone entered the 30-day program in an already healthy/fit condition and actually burned some extra fat? Appreciate any responses and good luck with the next round!!

Oh yeah. First off, welcome to the forums! You joined in 2011 but this is your first post? Welcome!

But yes, I lost a ton of weight on it last year. I went down to a reasonably fit 160 pounds. Otherwise I consider myself reasonably fit right now and I have lost some extra fat so far doing it.

Loren, excellent info. Thank you for the response.

Yea, I registered last year but I always get caught up in trying to consume all the great information you guys put out and haven't actually posted anything myself. I owe you all a very big thank you for so much useful information!!

One more question: can you tell me when the next NF six-week challenge starts? I looked around but couldn't figure it out. If it's soon, then I'd like to do the Whole30 with you guys, but was really hoping to start in the next few days.

Loren, excellent info. Thank you for the response.

Yea, I registered last year but I always get caught up in trying to consume all the great information you guys put out and haven't actually posted anything myself. I owe you all a very big thank you for so much useful information!!

One more question: can you tell me when the next NF six-week challenge starts? I looked around but couldn't figure it out. If it's soon, then I'd like to do the Whole30 with you guys, but was really hoping to start in the next few days.

My pleasure!

Feel free to just give it a go! The next challenge will not start before a week from the end of this one. Which means the earliest possible date would be August 6th! :)

You're still completely welcome to follow along with us here and become involved. It doesn't matter where you're at in your Whole 30, this thread is meant to help support one another.