Loren Wade

The Official Whole30/Whole9 Life Support Thread

question...

I'm VERY sleepy...sleeping alot....could this be:

a) whole30

B) allergy meds from the last icecream I ate before going whole 30

c) muscle relaxers from the neck pain

d)all of the above?

Ok, My kill all things moment was about the pain..not the food...and WildRoss is safe....

I hate that I sabotaged myself with 4 days of icecream!!! If it was 5, I'm not admitting it...4 is my story, and I'm sticking with it!

WildRoss put frozen berries and almond milk in the blender...nom nom nom!

Probably all the things. Most of it just from your body needing the sleep to heal your neck and muscle relaxants. I did end up taking benadryl 2 nights ago when I broke out in hives from cedar off our deck and I'm still feeling sluggish from that

I'm on day 3 of whole30 and it 's not too bad so far. A bit of tiredness, brain fuzz and headaches, but today I feel a bit better. I feel a lot less bloated, although I do miss my protein shakes!

Or if you'd like, since Dallas and Melissa said they'd check in on us (and ask them with any questions), I could try asking them for you.

That would be greatly appreciated

Probably all the things. Most of it just from your body needing the sleep to heal your neck and muscle relaxants. I did end up taking benadryl 2 nights ago when I broke out in hives from cedar off our deck and I'm still feeling sluggish from that

Maybe it's just that we are 'cleaner' now...but it seems to take forever for the effects of medicine to wear off! I'm sleeping sooooo long...but since WildRoss doesn't mind...and, hey, each morning, my neck feels better...I guess I'm doing OK!

I hope your hives have healed nicely!

I'm on day 3 of whole30 and it 's not too bad so far. A bit of tiredness, brain fuzz and headaches, but today I feel a bit better. I feel a lot less bloated, although I do miss my protein shakes!

It will take a week or more for you to lose the cravings for such things....actually, it takes the full 30 days to get dairy out of your body! The brain fuzz goes away, promise! Good job!

Day 3 of my Whole 30. Combined Whole 30 + Leangains (I'm often over on the LG thread). I was noticing that all the dairy I was having to consume to get my protein count up there was making my body generally unhappy and am committed to getting all of my macros through whole foods (and probably from Whole Foods, har). I have to say, the amount of meat necessary to get 170g of protein is staggering. And pulling out the "healthy" sugars from honey, agave, plus all the lactose I was eating... leaving me tired! And here I already thought I'd suffered through the carb flu!

I went from lean protein and complex carbs to 80:20 w/ two whole milk whey protein shakes to whole30. I can't believe how much harder Whole30 has been, the sugar thing is kicking my ass.

It will take a week or more for you to lose the cravings for such things....actually, it takes the full 30 days to get dairy out of your body! The brain fuzz goes away, promise! Good job!

I am going with "or more". Today is day 12 for me and I feel really good. I think the strong cravings are mostly gone but it seems that the irritability is still there. I am pretty "self aware" of my moods and general attitude and it still isn't 100%. It is getting a lot better and I have hopes that by Monday (the start of the tiger blood phase) will be everything they say.

As far as doing Whole30 for the next challenge I will just say

. I might be a little more receptive when the time comes but right now there is absolutely no way that I am doing that. Especially if I can't have a break in between.

I may give this(or something close to it) a try starting some time in August, after my vacation to Alaska. For me, the main difference between whole30 and now would be cutting dairy and the occasional serving of legumes. Actually I'm more interested in tinkering with cutting dairy than anything else - haven't decided whether to do full-fledged whole30 or just a total sugar-free, dairy-free trial. I basically, eat Paleo right now, except for some dairy and the occasional serving of legumes. While I don't have lactose issues, I'm curious how my body will respond to the absence of dairy. As the time draws closer, I'll see what makes sense - I travel often enough for work that I can't always be 100% perfect on the road, but I can avoid the obvious/overt non-paleo offerings(bread/pasta, legumes, obvious sugars, etc.)

Welcome!

The Next Whole 30 Challenge Signup List!

(starts with the next 6-week NF challenge)

I'm hurt...you ignored me! I know I said I wanted in.....but, I'm not going to go hunt for my post...just please, please, let me in!

I'm hurt...you ignored me! I know I said I wanted in.....but, I'm not going to go hunt for my post...just please, please, let me in!

I've not been to a computer since Wednesday. Been updating on mobile. I'll add you when I get to one. :)

You learn something new everyday. I always thought they weren't allowed since they were seeds, just sprouted.

Got a question, is version 5.12 the latest version of Whole30? There are so many versions out there that every time I go to find the latest, I feel like I end up at a different one each time.

Edited by leadchipmunk

You learn something new everyday. I always thought they weren't allowed since they were seeds, just sprouted.

Got a question, is version 5.12 the latest version of Whole30? There are so many versions out there that every time I go to find the latest, I feel like I end up at a different one each time.

Yes it is. Here's an easy way to find the latest one. Google Whole 30. Click the first link.

http://whole9life.com/category/whole-30/

Day 5, and the heartburn/indigestion is killing me! I'm taking digestive enzymes with each meal, so can't understand this. Was fine until I drank a green tea tonight, then mad heartburn. I hope this wears off quick! :/

Day 5, and the heartburn/indigestion is killing me! I'm taking digestive enzymes with each meal, so can't understand this. Was fine until I drank a green tea tonight, then mad heartburn. I hope this wears off quick! :/

Was this a drastic change for you? What are you eating?

The only digestive issue I've had was from drinking too much coconut milk the first time I had it. I have digestive enzymes but now that I am not trying to get 1.5x my weight in grams of protein I don't think I need them.

Seriously, I'm kind of glad I feel like I'm going to die today! Confirms that whole30/paleo is good for me!

I had 2 hotdogs, a tortilla (flour), a handfull of robin eggs and 2 mixed drinks (with orange juice)

I'm exhausted, cranky, and seriously my whole body hurts. I am keenly aware of each and every joint.

I'm continuing my pain for a few more short hours-I'm having a protein shake, because I just can't stomach anything else right now) then it's back to strick Whole30.

Someone punch me in the face so I can stop thinking about how much I want to puke!

I guess I start back at day one!

I am really wanting to start doing the whole 30 but I have a minor problem. I have an Olympic tri and a century bike ride coming up in the not to distance future. In the past I have used Hammer Gel/Honey stingers (sugar) to keep me from bonking during the race. Since there are no cheats allowed I was wondering what would be some good alternatives for my race nutrition? Or should I just put off starting the whole30 until after the race season?

I reached out to them but have not heard back yet. Right now I'd say put it off as to not throw things off but it's your call.

I should also take the time to admit I cheated yesterday. We host a Texas Hold'em Poker Party at our house every month and yesterday I had 3 gluten-free beers and some chips and salsa. I didn't over eat or over drink, so I was really proud of that. I didn't gain any weight either... it was easy to stop. I attribute that to Whole 30.

One day off the rails doesn't mean everything is lost. Just get back up and keep moving forward.

I went 7 weeks of Whole 30. Here's to a few more (until the NF meetup in Arizona)!

Oh, and I got second place ($80 into the tattoo fund)!!!

Was this a drastic change for you? What are you eating?

The only digestive issue I've had was from drinking too much coconut milk the first time I had it. I have digestive enzymes but now that I am not trying to get 1.5x my weight in grams of protein I don't think I need them.

I've gone from mostly paleo, which I've been on for about four months, to cutting out protein shakes, milk in coffee and one daily bowl of oatmeal. It seems worse in the evening. Last night I got indigestion from drinking a cup of green tea! Hopefully it'll pass soon.

Yes it is. Here's an easy way to find the latest one. Google Whole 30. Click the first link.

http://whole9life.com/category/whole-30/

Thanks. Another question though, what is the paleo/Whole30-friendly bacon? I know it exists, but I cannot find it anywhere. Everything I find either has sugar or nitrates or both.

I heard Oscar Meyer has some that is good, but I haven't seen it. I've been resorting to sliced pork side (same cut but not smoked or seasoned).