• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Loren Wade

The Official Whole30/Whole9 Life Support Thread

Thanks. Another question though, what is the paleo/Whole30-friendly bacon? I know it exists, but I cannot find it anywhere. Everything I find either has sugar or nitrates or both.

I heard Oscar Meyer has some that is good, but I haven't seen it. I've been resorting to sliced pork side (same cut but not smoked or seasoned).

http://whole9life.com/2012/03/whole30-approved-bacon-is-here/

Thanks. Pixie, the uncured stuff I've found seems to be the same as normal bacon in terms of sugar. And it usually contains celery juice, or something similar, which is loaded with natural sodium nitrates. But see below.

After following Loren's link (Dallas and Melissa have everything covered, don't they?) it led me to a few other links and, from what I understand, nitrates aren't as bad as I thought. I just mainly want to look for organic, pastured, sugar-free bacon. I rarely ever use it, and I attempt to avoid overeating it by only using it as a minor protein ingredient in recipes (one pound will go into a large pot of chili, for example). Does this sound right?

I'm going to start this August 1 - it's fitting because August 31 is my birthday!! I'm already low carbing, but due to bad allergies, I am going a step further and giving up dairy in order to see if that helps. I figured the Whole30 plan is the best because that pretty much eliminates anything that could be a trigger. Oh - and I can't wait to have sweet potatoes! I haven't had one in a very long time! LOVE them!

I've stepped up my oral hygiene since going Primal... I not only brush (with a natural tooth powder), but I also use my waterpik daily, and I swish my mouth with hydrogen peroxide often. I've grabbed my tongue scraper, too.

I think that a lot of "detox" happens through the mouth... scraping that icky stuff off the tongue daily helps a lot with the coating crap that happens.

I am really wanting to start doing the whole 30 but I have a minor problem. I have an Olympic tri and a century bike ride coming up in the not to distance future. In the past I have used Hammer Gel/Honey stingers (sugar) to keep me from bonking during the race. Since there are no cheats allowed I was wondering what would be some good alternatives for my race nutrition? Or should I just put off starting the whole30 until after the race season?

Here was Melissa's response. :)

Loren, can you have him post this in our forum? There's a special section called Whole30 for athletes, and a few posts about endurance. {m}

omg.... I cannot get rid of the funky nasty taste in the back of my mouth/throat....

what gives and what do I do about it?!?!?!?!

GAK!

What about water with lemon?

Sign me up for 8/1 start :)

The cool thing about this thread is that there's people here to support each other no matter where you are in Whole 30 and no matter when you start. The reason I'm doing a list for the next challenge is to inspire people to join and to keep people committed.

What if I made a list for people who want to start 8/1 with you?

Sign me up for 8/1 start :)

I believe the current signup on the OP is for the next challenge (tentative date of 8/6), right? If it is scheduled for 8/1, I'm going to have to wait a couple days because I won't be in control of my diet for the first few days.

--EDIT--

Loren beat me to it...

The cool thing about this thread is that there's people here to support each other no matter where you are in Whole 30 and no matter when you start. The reason I'm doing a list for the next challenge is to inspire people to join and to keep people committed.

What if I made a list for people who want to start 8/1 with you?

Sure - let's see who's down :cool-new: