• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Loren Wade

The Official Whole30/Whole9 Life Support Thread

Thanks Loren for the great post. It's really cool that Mellisa and Dallas found this post. This will be my first Whole30 so I'm pretty excited/nervous. Glad to see a lot of others are doing it too and we can all support each other.

One question for all you brilliant people out there, on whole30 what do you guys eat for pre/post workout meals? I'm kinda lost on ideas other than a steak lol

Hooboy. The last time I attempted Whole 30, I had horrific mood swings, not to mention the worst TOM cramps that I'd ever had. I stopped after about 16 days. I've been easing back to primal/paleo, and I'm thinking about trying Whole 30 again. My mental outlook/attitude overe the past three-plus weeks has been very good, so maybe this time, I wouldn't get slammed with mood swings.

Okay, I'm cautiously throwing my hat in the ring. Maybe I'll bump up the number of times I go to CrossFit; if I'm sore from working out, maybe I won't be nosediving into mood swing territory. :)

Eeek. I mean, rah!!! (Reek? Okay, now I want to re-read A Song Of Ice And Fire...)

I'm getting really excited for this, specifically this support group. I've been mostly paleo for a while now, and but during these past few weeks I've done things like sneaking some sugar into my coffee and stuff like that.

Dragonjax: major TOM problems here with it--another thing support will be great for!

I posted on Facebook I was doing the Whole30 starting on 8/6, and a few hours later I got a text from a friend saying he thinks he's going to go paleo. So I'm trying to get him to join us on this.

Hey y'all,

I'm starting the Whole30 on August 6th (was going to start August 1st but I want it to coincide with the beginning of the challenge). Really the only major food group I'll be eliminating by doing Whole30 is dairy; I've been grain-free for a while now, and almost completely sugar free (dark chocolate and maple syrup being occasional exceptions). Doing Whole30 will just mean cutting the dairy and being more vigilant about hidden sugars (and, of course, no wine - but I only rarely drink, and can go 30 days without drinking). I suspect that I am intolerant of dairy, so this is going to be a significant experiment for me - cheese has long been a quick-fix crutch for me when I've been hungry between meals. I'm just curious to see if I'll still see a significant weight loss after the Whole30, or - since I'm already Primal - the weight loss will be significantly less than someone who goes from SAD to Whole30. So, my question for ya'll - has anyone here done Whole30 after having eaten Paleo/Primal for a while, and if so, did you have a significant weight loss after the Whole30, or was it moderate weight loss but a shift in body comp, or none of the above?

Hiya Jaradel!

To answer your question, I started Whole 30 after being primal for a few weeks, but I was already pretty much primal. Before Whole 30 I was in pretty much the same boat as you.

I just finished my first Whole 30 yesterday, and after weighing myself, I lost a total of 16 pounds and 2 pant sizes. I definitely notice a change all over my body and I couldn't be happier. :D

I know I'm just one case but I definitely had weight loss and a bit of body shape difference.

Hiya Jaradel!

To answer your question, I started Whole 30 after being primal for a few weeks, but I was already pretty much primal. Before Whole 30 I was in pretty much the same boat as you.

I just finished my first Whole 30 yesterday, and after weighing myself, I lost a total of 16 pounds and 2 pant sizes. I definitely notice a change all over my body and I couldn't be happier. :D

I know I'm just one case but I definitely had weight loss and a bit of body shape difference.

That's good to know, though! I know I shouldn't expect some of the more fantastic results that perhaps the non-Paleo/Primal crowd have had after finishing a Whole30, but (seeing as I'm still about 40 lbs overweight) I have hope that I will see some sort of a change. Thanks for the info!

Hey y'all,

I'm starting the Whole30 on August 6th (was going to start August 1st but I want it to coincide with the beginning of the challenge). Really the only major food group I'll be eliminating by doing Whole30 is dairy; I've been grain-free for a while now, and almost completely sugar free (dark chocolate and maple syrup being occasional exceptions). Doing Whole30 will just mean cutting the dairy and being more vigilant about hidden sugars (and, of course, no wine - but I only rarely drink, and can go 30 days without drinking). I suspect that I am intolerant of dairy, so this is going to be a significant experiment for me - cheese has long been a quick-fix crutch for me when I've been hungry between meals. I'm just curious to see if I'll still see a significant weight loss after the Whole30, or - since I'm already Primal - the weight loss will be significantly less than someone who goes from SAD to Whole30. So, my question for ya'll - has anyone here done Whole30 after having eaten Paleo/Primal for a while, and if so, did you have a significant weight loss after the Whole30, or was it moderate weight loss but a shift in body comp, or none of the above?

I've done it multiple times since going Paleo and it always makes me feel better, lose weight, and improve body comp.

That said, are you gonna join us in the Whole 30 for the next challenge? We have a list of everyone who's doing it to help each other out and stuffs. :)

Would love to join, but am leaving for Namibia on 8/16 (to 9/2) and will be eating whatever the guide serves. My understanding is that Namibian cuisine is very meat-heavy, but I honestly don't know what will be available.

I do, however, have my fingers crossed that someone starts another of these sometime later -- maybe October/November?

Hey all.

So, just joined the forum, but I'm actually on my 3rd day of Whole 30. I've been Primal for about 2 and a half weeks prior, (and been paleo for about 6 months in the past), but decided to take the plunge and finally cut out dairy for the first time, while also actively attempting to add vegetables into every meal. Previously a bit of a carnivore, heh.

Definitely looking to carry this out until the end of the 6-week Challenge, however, so that'll make it more like a Whole 55 or so, but that's okay with me!

Sign me up for the August 6th kick-off.

Been eating pretty Paleo since the start of this challenge, recently finished reading "It Starts with Food"; basically all my meals are paleo, but I cheat often enough, and I still drink beer.

Now its time to do it seriously, without any cheating, without any beer, and I think I'm adding coffee to the list of forbidden foods, because I drink too much of it, and now is the time to put all those things to rest.

Super keen though. And I'm pretty sure its going to be a Whole6Week, rather than just a Whole30.

Ok, I was going to delay starting the whole30 by two weeks, but now I know that all you guys are starting on the sixth?

Sign me up!

I'm going to read 'It starts with Food' tomorrow, have one last blow out (it's my birthday over the weekend), and on Monday get right into another 6 week challenge and whole30.

I am scared, worried, and don't know a whole heap about it, but I'm confident that doing some reading and hanging out with you guys, I can get through.

So, Loren, please sign me up!

Sign me up! Started on August 1st, but not completely, as I don't want to throw away my expensive organic dairy products. (so as a sign, most of my yogurt ended up on the floor earlier today!). I only have milk and cheese at home right now, so I'll be finishing that off before the 6th and then going at it 100%.

Actually signed up for the Whole30Daily, so that helps!

I also have a question regarding this challenge... or rather I need a little help.

At the end of August I'll be attending an anime convention... Which is 3 days, bad food all around, and no fridge.

Any tips on dealing with this?! I generally tend to barely eat at a convention, but I feel that without my sugar (or eating fad-diet bars to fill me up) I will be eating more food!

And then there's a second challenge the weekend after the convention: I'll be going to London with my parents and aunt.

I need a plan for London! Anyone from there with some places to get food or whatever?! I'll be way up north where the Harry Potter tour is (as that's why I'm going), not sure of the name?!

So any help with that would be great! Thanks!!