سلام و عليكم!

سلام و عليكم!

Hey guys!

I'm a linguist currently residing in Monterey. I've been doing the fitnessy thing since September of '11, and once before in November '10, but mostly did it wrong until February of this year. I was a vegan for 2 years and a vegetarian for 6 until a few days ago; I switched completely to Keto/CKD. I consider myself somewhat fit, but of course there's a lot of room for improvement! I was pretty stoked to find this website earlier in the week. As soon as I happened upon the forum, I registered. Here are my current stats:

Height: 5'4"

Weight: 135

Left Bicep: 10.25"

Right Bicep: 10.3125"

Waist: 27.5"

Hips: 30.75"

Bust: 34"

Left Thigh: 20"

Right Thigh: 20.5"

1.5 mile: 11:30

1 minute pushups: 26

1 minute situps: 50

Pullups: 0

Squat: 55 (5x5)

Deadlift: Never attempted

Bench: Never attempted

Here are some long term goals I've made:

- Pass the Arabic Fluency Test (late September, possible 2nd chance if I fail once)

- Rank up within one year

And here are some short term goals I have:

- Do at least one (ONE.) successful, perfect pullup by 31Dec2012

- Squat 75 lbs in a 5x5

- Learn deadlifts; squat the bar

- Learn to bench: bench the bar

- Stay on CKD/Keto diet for 3 months with measurements (may switch to Paleo)

- Improve 30 seconds on 1.5 mile by 31Dec2012

- Improve pushup count to 29 or more by 31Dec2012

- Max out situp count (60 situps in one minute)

- Read 6 books by 31Dec2012

I'll take some conglomeration of these and incorporate them into 6 week challenges, of course.

ADDITIONAL STUFF

I speak Arabic, Spanish, and Japanese. I've been no 'poo and soap free (except hands, guys, c'mon) for 2 years, and I promise I don't have lice or stink like a hobo. I've happily dropped all synthetic cosmetics since March '11.

I was obese growing up, due to a sedentary lifestyle and terrible habits. I dropped 80 lbs when I was 16 and have kept it off since, hovering between 145 and 130. I started smoking when I was 18, but I've been smoke free since November '10.

I love me some vidja games of all kinds, as well as poi and the occasional DnD. I would like to learn a martial art of some sort but haven't decided which yet, perhaps Tai Chi. I know a tad of Aikido but it's nothing to brag about. I'm a minimalist, and live my life out of 2, 3 suitcases max.

8 weeks ago I contracted an ulcer, and I'm currently almost recovered completely. I'm off all my meds, and can stomach caffeine and a normal diet (spicy stuff too! :D). I've decided to give up coffee for at least one year to prevent future ulcerations. I am still unable to take any pills, with the exception of my medication if and when I need it. Luckily, my ulcer never affected any of my gains!

Above all, there is always something I'm improving.

And I like ducks.

And that's it.

Godspeed, gents!

من جد وجد

In hard work, you find it.

Ùˆ Ø¹Ù„يكم Ø§Ù„سلام 

I just joined and find it awesome that other people speak Arabic same as me. I speak the Lebanese Dialect as that is what I grew up with since my parents immigrated from Lebanon. Partially fluent in speaking. however my reading and writing are like a 3rd grader lol.