Re dedication and a bit of history

Hey everyone,

I found this site back in January and I was rocking along with my weight loss from what I had stated a year before I was down about 70 lbs. Then I allowed myself to get waylaid for about a month, which wasn't the really bad thing. I was hit or miss on both diet and workouts which was a huge blunder on my part but I was on the road to fixing the problems when I thought I was having a heart attack, this was 1st part of May. I was in the hospital for a week, ended up with a stent after they found one of the small arteries that fed my heart was blocked but the main problem was not from my heart, it was from my gallbladder... I tried toughing that out for a while and just this week, Wednesday, I had it removed. I think I feel better but still hurting from the four small incisions that I now have. All of this along with my getting off track has gotten me a bit bummed out and I gained about 20 lbs of my lost weight back, which has made me reexamine all of what I had been doing since March or so. So starting when I am able to start moving better, which should be sometime next week, I am going to get back on my weight reduction/ healthy me horse and start riding back off into the sunset again.

Currently I am at 310 lbs at 6 feet. I am going to put up some measurements in the next few days and take some pictures that I might or might not post but I will have them. I short term goal, by August 20th (the day I start back to teaching for the next school year) is to be down 20 lbs and dropped enough in my waist to wear the pants I just bought (size 42). Long term goal is to be at 230 lbs or a little lower along with being able to do at least 5 pullups and at least 5 one arm pushups.

Well that is it for me tonight, thanks for reading

Welcome! And good luck with your goals!!

Medical things can be quite a hassle! I couldn't work out for 2 weeks due to 3 stitches in my leg.

Still I'd advice you to take it slow! I notice myself that where I had those stitches is still sore and sometimes painful.

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

Welcome Back!

Sorry to hear that you've had such a medical scare; I'm glad you are doing better now.

With your gallbladder out, it might be a good idea to focus on diet/food for a bit - my friend had a bit of a hard time (long learning curve) figuring out just what her digestion would tolerate after she had hers out. Also, keep in mind that those four "small" incisions are just the part you can see - surgery is a lot easier/safer these days, but your body will still need to repair the internal trauma-y bits in there.

I like how your August 20th goal is a nice chunk of time, a lot like the 6-week challenges. Manageable.

Let us know if we can help! :)

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0