New Kid On The Block

Hey Everyone!

Nerd + Fitness = me pretty much.

Anyway, allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Shannon but everyone usually refers to me as Moe. I've had that nickname for so long that I pretty much forgot why I got it in the first place. I currently live in the humid state of Louisiana but I am and always will be a Maryland girl at heart. Most of my time is spent working from my home as a Graphic Designer for a company back in my home state. I really love my job and couldn't ask to be in a better position in my life. I live with my Husband (getting married on April 15th so I guess that is close enough) and my fat-ass cat named Lucy in a cozy little apartment with horrible internet service! I met my hubby several years ago while I was a part of an online gaming forum and for the longest time he and I played Halo 2 together without every really taking much interest in one another. Eventually, our gaming community had a huge lan party in Virgina Beach, VA and that is when we met face to face for the first time....and it's allllll history from there!

I started going to the gym about two years ago (my Husband is a fitness buff) and for the longest time I didn't take it seriously enough to see the results that I wanted; therefore, I got super discouraged. I went in to it set on spending countless of hours doing nothing but cardio because that is what I was always told to do...women do cardio to get fit! Right? WRONG!!!!

After dealing with some personal things in my life (and horrible fitness advice), I finally realized that I wanted to be really fit, healthy and perhaps one day enter a natural female figure competition. I did a lot of personal research and realized that women DON'T need to workout any differently then men do! That's when I bought some gloves and hit the weight room as hard as I could. A year and a half later, I'm still spending 95% of my time in the weight room busting my buns and lifting heavy....I've seen more results than I could have ever imagined. So now, I'm in the process of trying to find a good starter natural bodybuilding competition for me to compete in and hopefully I can do something within the next year!

That's pretty much all I have for now...if anyone wants to know anything else, please don't hesitate to ask. I hope to stick around here for a long time!

-Moe

Moe, that is one helluva story, and I freaking love the fact that you lift weights and lift heavy! Great inspiration for all the girls out there who are afraid of getting bulky.

You should talk to Joe Freedom on these boards, he was my college roommate for 3 years...at one point he was ranked #1 in Halo 2 team play - mid 2004 I think.

Welcome aboard, glad to have ya :)

-Steve

Rebel Leader. I post videos of my dog on Instagram, and sometimes even share fitness wisdom. SOMETIMES.