Where do I get my hands on one of them swingy cannonball thingys?

I want to try out one of those swingy cannonball thingys, AKA a kettlebell, but I don't know where to start. Anyone have a favorite brand? What weight should I start out at? I've heard 35lbs is a good starting weight, but I've already been doing 45lb plate swings, so would 35lbs be too easy, or is there a different mechanic behind it? Also, what are some god videos on proper form? Any basic beginner workouts? Thanks in advance for your help!

Nerd? We prefer the term INTELLECTUAL BADASS!!!

Down here in the Real World...aka The South... you can get them at Academy Sports+ Outdoors for reasonable amount of $$$. Any store like that in other parts of the country(why you would live in any other part of the country is beyond me) like Dicks, Sports Authority, etc. should have them.

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

I love the Lifeline Kettlebells. They have a nice fit and finish with a handle that is just large enough and with surface that has just enough roughness for grip without too much to give you excessive callouses. If you look at reviews they are identical to the old DragonDoor Kettlebells which used to be referred to as the best. Dragondoors are a bit different now that they are made in China; the Lifelines are still made in Wisconsin. It looks like they've jacked up the price, they used to be reasonable.

Most men start out at 16kg (35 #), but if they've already been lifting weights they usually start at 20 kg (is that 45#?). The swings aren't the limiting factor, it's the overhead stuff - at least for me.

The biomechanics of KBs are kind of weird, I find the form for KB movements really hard to learn on my own. Is there a class you can take?

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

Down here in the Real World...aka The South... you can get them at Academy Sports+ Outdoors for reasonable amount of $$$. Any store like that in other parts of the country(why you would live in any other part of the country is beyond me) like Dicks, Sports Authority, etc. should have them.

Once you've used a nice KB you won't want to use what they sell at Dick's or Sports Authority. Even with shipping the Lifelines aren't much more.

Also, I love the south. My wife and I talk about retiring to Kentucky, Virginia, or North Carolina every time we travel in the south.

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

my first kettlebell was 20kg, though im thinking about upgrading to a 24 or higher soon. as sloth said, it doesn't matter if you can swing it, you want to be able to shoulder-press it at least a few times. go to a store that sells them (most fitness stores will have a range) and try them out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AZSF - lvl 4 assassin

STR - 9 | DEX - 12 | STA - 10.5 | CON - 7 | WIS - 8.5 | CHA - 1