Are you wearing the right size bra?

Well, I tried out the sizing from that link today, and it put me from a somewhat standardly available size (my current bras are either 36D or 34DD) to a 32F which is a scary thing that apparently doesn't exist in my stores. I don't even think they carry 32DD. Does this mean I have to start buying them online or at specialty expensive stores? Bah!

Mmm... kaik.

Twitter - flickr

Oh my goodness! Women that understand bra fitting angst! I finally found a local store that stocks tiny band, large cup bras where I can also get matching panties. This was miracle status for me - for years, I had accepted that I could only get white/black/nude bras with "old lady lace" on them. Having a bra that fits properly is amazing. Clothes fit better, you look better, and so on. Having pretty bras is the icing on the cake!

Today I went to the mall with the intention of buying myself a strapless bra. I hate bra shopping with a passion, so I got myself all psyched up to spend money I don't have to look good for my friend's wedding. I went to the "expensive" bra store where I usually have some luck. I walked up to the salesperson, and asked about straplesses. She asked what size... I told her, and she got this snotty look on her face, and informed me that they don't make straplesses in my size. (32-34 FF)

I may have gotten a little snotty with her, but really? What about small rib-caged big boobed girls. We need straplesses too.

So very frustrated right now. I can't bear to order a bra online... so I don't know what I'm going to do. I have ribbons to make straps on my dress, but no matter how nice I make it, it will just look out of place.

*tears out hair*

Well, this weekend I went to a local speciality bra store which is known for doing proper sizings, and she told me I am in the right size. I didn't argue - the numbers given to me by that guide seem kinda wacky, and I think the fitting problems I was having were just because my old bra had stretched out so much! Nonetheless, I picked up a couple of quality new bras, and am quite happy with them. It may have cost me twice what it would at the standard mall bra store, but I can really tell the difference in quality and craftsmanship!

Mmm... kaik.

Twitter - flickr

Today I went to the mall with the intention of buying myself a strapless bra. I hate bra shopping with a passion, so I got myself all psyched up to spend money I don't have to look good for my friend's wedding. I went to the "expensive" bra store where I usually have some luck. I walked up to the salesperson, and asked about straplesses. She asked what size... I told her, and she got this snotty look on her face, and informed me that they don't make straplesses in my size. (32-34 FF)

I may have gotten a little snotty with her, but really? What about small rib-caged big boobed girls. We need straplesses too.

So very frustrated right now. I can't bear to order a bra online... so I don't know what I'm going to do. I have ribbons to make straps on my dress, but no matter how nice I make it, it will just look out of place.

*tears out hair*

rather than just searching for a strapless bra, have you tried looking for a convertible? many times you can just remove the straps all together from those

~It's when Pirates count their booty that they become mere thieves.~My Fitness Pal TrackerMy 6 Week Challenge Page- Scout

rather than just searching for a strapless bra, have you tried looking for a convertible? many times you can just remove the straps all together from those

I went to my favourite bra store downtown today, the one with any size you can dream of, and tried on a few strapless/convertable ones, and found one that fit, but it had this odd silhouette to it. The owner there is awesome! She's ordering a few in with different silhouettes, because everyone had been complaining about the strapless i had on. I also got a new bra... $120 (plus tax), and my new size is..... *drumroll* 32G... The owner said that it was because this one ran small, but I still feel slightly silly in a 32G... ah well, I bet my best friend (male) will get a kick out of it.

I just checked... the cup size is the same as some of my old 36DD's (that I was this time last year, my poor Mum chipped in for 2 super expensive bras, and within a month, I'd hit my breaking point, and started losing weight). I think if I play with the band size in the back, they may become wearable again...

Sewing machine ahoy!

great info...I was wearing the wrong size for a long time, the cups were way too small. I was wearing a C when I am a DD, how I'm not sure now days.

As or band, the store told me I need a 40, but then I have it on the tightest clasps and it still feels loose to me, so I buy a 38. From what I've read you want it tight and when it stretches out you can move it in, they last longer that way.

I went through this bra epiphany a few years ago. :) I'm in the 32DD/30E range of sizes these days. When I was hovering around the 30F/FF range (even went so far as a 28 band in some cases!) I would buy a lot of my bras from www.figleaves.com and www.bravissimo.com. They often have sales and some prices are fairly reasonable. They are both based in the UK, but Figleaves has a US shop, which helps for those of us who live here.

Oddly enough, Victoria's Secret now carries some 32DD stuff, and they actually fit me pretty reasonably.