Martinpanduh's 2011 Ranger Challenge!

Martinpanduh

Hey guys! I'm a bit late for the January challenge but better late than never! This is my third challenge month already with NerdFitness and I'm proud to say I've still kept up with the Paleo diet up until now! Though I can't say I've lost much weight (more on this later), I can say that I like the shape I'm heading towards right now and the feeling Paleo brings. At any rate:

Recently, Medhi of http://www.stronglifts.com released his updated version of StrongLifts 5x5 and it inspired me to get up and do it again! Right in time for the next challenge. I've attempted this before but I suffered the mistake of starting out too heavy (the very thing he advises against on the new report). I reached up to 5x5 bar + 220 lbs of weight on the squat, don't remember the rest but I remember feeling discouraged (and scared!) to push further because I felt like I couldn't do it anymore. This time around, I plan to go the distance (and hopefully reap the benefits!)

As for my other goal, like I said, I am on the Paleo diet 95% of the time. By the first month, I had already lost 2-3 pounds with minimal exercise. Two months later (today), I checked the scale and my weight hasn't changed. I'm still above 200 (around 204-6).

Although I have to say, I don't feel as if I'm gaining any weight, but I don't feel like I'm getting trimmer either. Right now I'm in an okay place, I don't feel fat but then I'm starting to think that the quality of food is hampering my weight loss goals. I don't know, they say that going Paleo renders counting calories obsolete and I believe that but so far, the results haven't been stellar or I may have just plateau'd. I'm starting to think that it's because I'm consuming too much protein and oils. Or maybe it's the fact that it's Christmas. Not entirely sure what's hampering it, whether it's food intake or lack of exercise. I think I'm definitely going to have to make healthier choices and ramp up my gym time. Eitherway.

So just to sum up my fitness goals:

1. Pursue StrongLifts 5x5 Program for the duration of this month (for a total of 12 weeks!)

2. Maintan the Paleo diet PLUS healthier diet choices.

As for my life goals:

It's amazing how in my last challenge, I set out to "conquer" my Grandmother's sewing factory. I want to learn everything she has to teach with regards to pattern drafting, sewing, finishing and all that jazz with regards to clothing manufacturing. Keeping myself up-to-date with fashion is one of my hobbies, not gonna lie, and someday I want to be a retailer/designer of whatever scale. As of the last month, I've drafted and constructed my first dress (albeit it was ugly). Made a variety of different shapes and made at least two garments that are to be worn by real people, in real situations! Momentous!

For this month, I just plan to further my knowledge (and learn as much as I can) AND for some concrete goals: Make a well-fitted shirt, tailored shorts and then PANTS. Hu-haaa.

P.S

Bonus quest: LRN2DRIVE! I'm serious.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines