• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Drakkoz

3 Months of Paelo completed...thoughts and challenges.

For those veterans, and those who are wondering, ''should I really do this crazy thing called paleo?'' here are my 3 months in thoughts:

Vitals for reference: 30 years old, male. Starting weight 161 ~ 16% body fat, currently 164lbs 12.5% body fat (lost 10 lbs at the start, gained back muscle).

I am lifting and eating a ton, doing sl 5x5.

Paleo has become one of the largest 'mantra' shifts I have ever done in my life and I am loving 100% of it. I dove in head first and went 100% paleo cold turkey. This sucked (I was STARVING for a week) but was worth it. My entire house (wife, 2 kids, dog) eat paleo and we all love it. I have boundless energy, and we are actually saving money even with buying organic. Our friends and family still think we are completely nuts and refuse to think outside the box in what our government tells them in terms of nutrition. One of our close friends who is similar in age recently had some troubling blood work results. I was educating her on doing this diet and told her there are hundreds of people out there with stories who have fixed many health issues after eating this way. She told her doctor about it, and he said it was a bad idea and then told her carbs were evil and said to not eat fruit!!!! I wanted to call the guy and tell him he was a blithering idiot to his face. So so sad.

My biggest challenge is still eating enough. I am doing SL 5x5 and I run several times a week. I eat 3500-4500 calories a day and am SLOWLY gaining weight. Many days around 7pm or 8 I am starving and the temptation to cheat with something quick gets me, however we have been getting good at making paleo snacks. We have all the paleo cookbooks and they are a lifesaver. I really feel like an awesome cook now, something I wouldn't even touch before unless I grilled something.

I want to thank this community and the knowledge base here, it has truly changed my family's life for the better.

Drak / Adam

That's great! It is a shift in life. I personally think it's a great lifestyle for me, but maybe not for other people. but it is hard to see people struggle with what I used to, like eating egg whites and wheat bread, and there's no change in health, even though you're doing what you're "supposed" to be doing.

Ugh, that Subway commercial where they're like, "We finally made a breakfast under 200 calories!" My best days start with, like, a 700 calorie breakfast.

Amen to that. I see people at the gym who look the same (when they could look better either slimmer or stronger) after 5 months and I know 90% of it is their crappy diets.