I thought I'd forever be a Lurker

Welcome to the Rebellion! Make sure to keep doing a scary thing every day! Here's one you can do: join a guild that fits your fitness goals and then post your workout plan and goals. Then keep updating and also talk to other guild members so they can help you achieve your goals. They will be priceless in their assistance! That's a promise. Best of luck to you!

"First, decide who you would be and then do what you must do." ~Epictetus 

Hey Mooch! Welcome!

I too found NF through MFP, and lurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrve the forums here. The vibe is SO MUCH DIFFERENT than MFP, I totally agree, and it's awesome.

I would second popping into the Adventurer's Guild...unless you know what you really want to do to be fit. Do you like picking up heavy things? Join the Warriors! Are you into yoga? Druids for you!

The stats are for our 6-week challenges. You in essence make a character and you level up with each challenge. We're in the middle of one right now. I'll find the link with all the info and edit this post with it.

EDIT:

Here's the info on the challenges. When the next one starts, you will see a post about it!

Rules and Information can be found here (RPG Info at the bottom of this post after the basic rules)

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community...hallenge-Rules

Class Info Here:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community...rofession-Info

FAQ Can be found here:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community...-Challenge-FAQ

Signup Sheet is here:

https://docs.google.com/a/nerdfitnes...pIUkE6MA#gid=0

Chat Info Here:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community...-New-Chat-Room!

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Glad to have you aboard!! The vibe here is so good. I've never, ever been inclinded to join or post on any forum before, but this place rocks my socks. Keeps me motivated, full of knowledge, full of interesting and awesome peoples...you've come to the right place to overcome your internet shyness :) Hope to see you post more!

What you do, and what you don't do, matters.

I've always loved being the tough girl too...I worked at Target for a while in high school. For some reason they thought it would be a good idea to put a 16-year-old girl on the truck unloading team.... but it was awesome. I milked it for all it was worth! I've always had an independent streak and so I really want to be self-sufficient.

My husband keeps saying I'm going to get bulky and crazy like those female bodybuilders....I have yet to convince him otherwise, but...he's stuck with me now! Haha!

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thank you Horsedog!! I'm glad I'm not alone in never really joining forums. Most places have some pretty snarky people mixed in with good people, but the snarks don't make joining worthwhile. With all my lurking, this place just feels... different. Oh!! And your dog... I know it's just the light being reflected, but the two different colors remind me of David Bowie lol!! Very neat! Is it male or female? Name? I'm not great at dog breeds, but it looks part Labrador.

Ya, his eyes are crazy. When I got him from the pound, they said he had ruptured blood vessels in one eye (presumably from a choke collar :() and now it glows red while the other one glows greeny-blue...looks pretty freakin' awesome at night :) Anyway, his name is George. The pound listed him as part shepherd-part chow chow. Not sure about the chow part, but I can definitely see the shepherd, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if there's some lab in there...or maybe even great dane (he's got a monster noggin :))

I definitely agree with you about the forums. In other places I've lurked, there's always been some trolls/asshats who, I dunno, just kind of make it not worth it. I guess there are jerks everywhere...but everyone here has been super-friendly, supportive, and knowledgeable! Also, the nerd-friendliness/RPG motif totally sucked me in lol!

So...seeing as how this is a fitness forum...have you given any thought to specific goals you're looking to hit? The challenges that MirGSS linked to above are fun (RPG-styles...love it!), and a great way to keep motivated!

What you do, and what you don't do, matters.

Welcome to the rebellion! It's good to be able to say that you don't have all the info/know what to do, and to be willing enough to do something about it!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

MirGSS, awwww!! You should show him Spezzy's pic!! She is certainly not bulky! And yes! Being a tough, independent chick is awesome! My goal is right inline with yours - self-sufficiency!

Awwww! :'( Horsedog!! That is sad! Poor George! But at least he has you now! I imagine he is very grateful. And yes! Now that you say it, I can see the shepherd (every time I spell that word now I want to spell it Shepard... Mass Effect!). His eyes caught my eye because the only animal that I can think of that has red glow is Siamese cats. The RPG-ness got to me too, lol! And yup, I have given lots of thought to what my goals are. I'm going to mosey on over to the Adventurer guild.

Thank you Hammlin! Lol, I can all too easily admit when I don't know and need help. The hard part is asking for help.

Welcome!! Definitely join us on a challenge! It's so much fun (seriously, I don't think I've missed one since I joined... whaaaaaaaaat?)

Adventurer is always a good starting place. The adventurer Mod is a member of our Warrior guild this time around (and has been before) so she's definitely got a lot of great info and resources. Feel free to come by the Warriors' place and ask for input and ideas. There are a lot of great starter lifting programs and a lot of folks have done them and much more.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Nooo! Missed an opportunity to recruit for the monks... anyway, welcome aboard Moochini! I agree with what you and some of these other folks are saying, this is the only online community I have ever participated in where I did not already know most of the people in real life (as a matter of fact, I've never met any of these people!) NF has a great vibe and everyone I have come across has been nothing but positive and helpful. Good luck on your fitness adventures!

Outlaw Monk

"We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty" - Cpt. Malcolm Reynolds (Firefly)

My Mighty Quest!

STR 9.1 - DEX 9.6 - STA 5.6 - CON 7 - WIS 12 -CHA 8

Thank you Laura! I will certainly come 'round those parts to ask some questions! Especially about squats lol! By the way... how much does a Wookie weigh? And can you deadlift one yet? :D

Oh squats.. they are my nemesis!

Well, according to wookieepedia they are 125kg (for a male) 100kg (female). But, around here some of us (not me hehe) rounded UP to a nice even 300lbs.

and I've been so set on the fact that I wanted to deadlift a male wookiee I didn't even think about the ladies.... so, technically, yes.. yes I have My current 1RM is 250, working weights 230.

I'm all kinds of excited now! Thanks for asking!!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Welcome to the rebellion good to hear that your coming into the adventurer guild. It's a good place to start while you explore the different guilds and what they do. This is my first 6 week challenge and It's really awesome. Looking forward to hearing more from you!

DoodleDwarven Adventurer Level 2= STR-3 | DEX-2 | STA-2 | CON-3 | WIS-2 (+1) | CHA-2 (+1)

When Life pushes Me.. I Push Back Harder

Current Challenge: Doodle's finds her spirit again. (Level 2) | First challenge: Level 1: finding the canvas

Leader of The Mighty Adventuring CompanionsMyFitnessPal | fitocracy