• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wildcat

Best fruits?

I'm a big fan of fruit, but one of my goals is to lose weight. What are the best fruits to eat so that I get my fruit kick without doing too much damage to my weight loss goals? This is assuming every other thing in my diet is being done mostly correctly, of course. Also, any veggies that anyone has found to sub in for fruit as an easy snack that have worked well?

I like pretty much every fruit, except grapefruit, which tastes awful to me. I haven't really found too many fruits or veggies that I won't eat. I never did understand why children's books vilified broccoli...

Step 1: buy good quality blueberries.

Step 2: put these blueberries in the freezer.

Step 3: eat whenever you feel like pigging out on sweet junk food.

If your planning on loosing weight fruit is a no no

This isn't always the case. I've lost 25 pounds and ate fruit almost every day. It all depends on how much you have to lose and what/how much fruit you eat. Now, once you get down to lower body fat levels, it becomes much more important.

This isn't always the case. I've lost 25 pounds and ate fruit almost every day. It all depends on how much you have to lose and what/how much fruit you eat. Now, once you get down to lower body fat levels, it becomes much more important.

Me too. I lost 30# in part by increasing my fruit intake to ~5/day + veggies at every meal.

Since everyone else has already said it, and I really have nothing new to say, I'll just add in that berries are my go-to for fruit. Even better, frozen berries - they're pretty much a dessert by themselves, nothing else needed!

Thanks everybody! I am out to find new berries to try. I have very tiny freezer which is mostly stuffed with meat, but I'll find some room for berries.

Since the biologists got their hands on them and decided to be picky in defining them. I technically speaking they come from a different part of the plant compared to real fruits.

Doesn't change the taste though.

Well, that's just weird. Also, Google led me to learn that bananas are berries and strawberries are roses (ok, they're from the rose family along with apples, pears and cherries, among others) and not fruits, though the seeds that dot a strawberry are.

Well, that's just weird. Also, Google led me to learn that bananas are berries and strawberries are roses (ok, they're from the rose family along with apples, pears and cherries, among others) and not fruits, though the seeds that dot a strawberry are.

That kind of makes sense from a very pedantic point of view. It's along the lines of pointing out that tomatoes are fruit and corn is a grain; tomatoes are healthy and if you eat grain, you are most likely open to eating corn, too, so why does it matter? I think it's just a matter of setting a definition for fruit before they fully understood what it meant.

Kiwis are berries as well.