Nerdy Workout Music

Other scores that are faves of mine for moving to -

Waterworld (seriously)

Dark Knight

Black Hawk Down

Resident Evil series

Tron Legacy

Tron Legacy, good choice. I'm not sold on the film itself (saw the 3d version - not sold on that either) but the daft punk soundtrack is awesome!

When I listen to music, which is rare...

Star Wars Soundtrack - yeah really. I get a real burst of energy when I hear the opening bars of Duel of the Fates, The Asteroid Field, or Return of the Jedi (the music from the battle on Jabba's sail barge).

Same here! Star Wars music gets me pumped.

What I did was download some DJ freeware that analyzed my songs to determine the BPM and put together a playlist of everything that was 153 BPM or faster. I've found that 153 BPM translates to about 10 minutes/mile when I run. Yeah, try running to I Get Wet by Andrew W.K., 182 BPM ~6 minutes/mile.

What I did was download some DJ freeware that analyzed my songs to determine the BPM and put together a playlist of everything that was 153 BPM or faster. I've found that 153 BPM translates to about 10 minutes/mile when I run. Yeah, try running to I Get Wet by Andrew W.K., 182 BPM ~6 minutes/mile.

hahahaha. try doing anything to andrew W K and see how fast you get done with it. seriously one of the best discs. ever.

as far as workout/run music goes i tend to lean towards the metal end of the spectrum. lamb of god, every time i die, all that remains, metallica, killswitch engage.

I am thinking about possibly listening to language tapes while running or whatever. try to multitask and learn a new language. although im not sure how this will workout. i'll give it a try and let you know. I have the entire Pimsleur Japanese series. we'll see.

-ben

the world is too incredible to bring such ugliness into it

I am thinking about possibly listening to language tapes while running or whatever. try to multitask and learn a new language. although im not sure how this will workout. i'll give it a try and let you know. I have the entire Pimsleur Japanese series. we'll see.

-ben

might be tough.. I tried listening to audio books while working out, but found that my mind tended to shift focus to the book rather than the workout. I switched back to music that I didn't need to think about, and my focus improved immensely.

Jason

Follow my adventures!

Me | My Youtube | Facebook | RunKeeper

I am thinking about possibly listening to language tapes while running or whatever.

-ben

I've tried that. My problem is that as soon as I start exercising at all my brain goes into lala land. I can't listen to a book at any pace faster than a walk because it feels like the pace is super super slow and I get annoyed with it. Much better to just listen to tunes.

Some people ride bikes on trainers in the winter and watch movies, and I can't do that either :(