A new challenger has arrived!

Hello, rebels! My name is Mike, and I am delighted to announce that I am throwing myself into your ranks with reckless abandon! Okay, enthusiastic education, same thing.

Throughout my life I've tried so many things in the avenues of physical fitness, but I've never been fit. Ever since I can remember, I've been fairly weak (even my lazy friends could arm-wrestle me easily), and I've had a big chunk of fat hanging off my belly. And, honestly, I've just been procrastinating on fitness and everything else important in my life. Well, no more.

After some of my friends started getting on a health kick, I decided to let myself get swept up. That was the push I needed. That bit of momentum has gotten me striding towards new goals in personal health. I've gone ahead and started myself on the Rebel Fitness workout, and I'm transitioning to a mostly-paleo diet. I'm really enjoying it so far, actually. I have missed the burn of a good workout, the sweetness of fresh fruits and vegetables. It's work, sure, but it's worth postponing a few time-wasting activities to get that wonderful feeling.

Anyway, I know it's hard to get fit without a few goals, so here are some goals, short term and long term. You can bet this list will be expanded once I have a better idea of where I'm going.

-Lose the gut. Since I've never known life without it, I don't know how thin I actually am under there, but I would bet this thing adds 4, maybe 6 inches. I'll be putting pictures up here sometime (I need a real mirror...)

-Be able to do muscle-ups. Right now, I don't think I can even do a solid pull-up. Well, I have every intention of becoming a traceur and taking levels in Assassin, so that has to change! This is my biggest problem area as far as body-weight lifts, so I need to aim for this.

-Make a travel fitness plan. I'm going to Japan in September, where I'll be living in a hostel and doing volunteer work, with virtually no income. I need to figure out how to eat right and exercise on pocket change without upsetting the locals. I also have to brush up on my Japanese.

I start my rebel fitness workout in earnest on Tuesday (I think I heard you should take one day minimum of non-intensive exercise between intensive workouts?). I'm really looking forward to this!

Level 4 AssassinStr 8.50, Dex 7.25, Sta 6.75Con 6.00, Wis 8.00, Cha 6.00

My tumblrtumblr for silly band names

I've found that doing some yoga or warming up and then stretching on off-days helps with muscle soreness, if you have any; I find it helps. For parkour, maybe look into some interval training once you get going (to up your stamina and sprinting ability). That's the limit of my know-how, so I'll stop pretending to know what I'm talking about.

Welcome to the Rebellion, and kick butt!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]We will lead by example.