Another Assassin Recruit

Hello, Assassins! I thought I would pop in and make my membership in the Assassin's Guild a public thing. I'm sure I'll be using these boards a lot.

Right now, I'm working my way up to the point where I can reasonably perform parkour. I am training to be able to do pull-ups and run for longer amounts of time (right now, the lowest rung of Couch to 5k is reasonably challenging for me).

Current workout:

Rebel Fitness Training Program

Couch to 5k (replacing the interval training of above)

Basic yoga

What do you guys think would be good to add to that to make myself more suited to parkour?

Level 4 AssassinStr 8.50, Dex 7.25, Sta 6.75Con 6.00, Wis 8.00, Cha 6.00

My tumblrtumblr for silly band names

I should make a roll routine for myself!

Straight up. And when you do, SHARE IT!!! I love rolling, and would love to see a rolling routine! And take DJ TNP's advice, and go play in a playground. It's a blast.

[TABLE=width: 315]

[TABLE=width: 2]

STR:5

STA:7

AGI:6

[/TABLE]

FORTUNE

[TD=align: center]LEVEL II

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FAVORS

[/TD]

WIS:4

CON:5

CHA:3

[/TABLE]

THE BRAVE

[/TABLE]

Straight up. And when you do, SHARE IT!!! I love rolling, and would love to see a rolling routine! And take DJ TNP's advice, and go play in a playground. It's a blast.

hmm I'd like to see what a rolling routine is about as well. I've done some basic rolling off of 3-4 foot jumps so far, nothing too crazy.

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

Rolling routines are something I got a bit of familiarity with in my 6 months of aikido. It's as much of a workout as it is a practice. Launching yourself into roll after roll for a while gets pretty tiring. Here's some ideas of what's involved in a warm-up.

Beginners:

10 back falls from standing, 10 forward rolls from kneeling (5 each side)

Intermediate:

10 back falls, 10 back rolls from kneeling or standing (5 each side), 10 forward rolls from standing (5 each side)

Advanced:

10 back-falls, 10 front-falls, 10 jumping forward rolls (5 each side), 10 back rolls from standing (5 each side)

Master:

10 back-falls, 10 front-falls from height, 20 jumping forward rolls (10 each side), 20 back rolls (10 each side)

You may wonder why I have back-falls at every level. This is because the back-falls I know involve falling onto your back until you get your shoulders on the ground and your legs in the air, then immediately going back on your feet: a sort of weak-man's kip-up. This is a great thing to do to get yourself going very first thing, and it builds form for other rolls.

As I noted, this is a warm-up. It is not a full workout. This is great to do before parkour or martial arts sessions.

I should probably fine-tune this. I need to find a better place to do it, though. My living room is too small, and my backyard has dead grass. Don't let Assassin's Creed fool you: hay is not soft like a cloud, it is hard and prickly and ohgodwhy.

But, yes, I fully intend on doing these myself. I need the practice, and I loved how they warmed me up at aikido. It was brutal at first, but that's exercise for you!

Level 4 AssassinStr 8.50, Dex 7.25, Sta 6.75Con 6.00, Wis 8.00, Cha 6.00

My tumblrtumblr for silly band names

Interesting, i've never done any back-falls before, probably would have to youtube how that looks. Thanks for the post.

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

You may wonder why I have back-falls at every level. This is because the back-falls I know involve falling onto your back until you get your shoulders on the ground and your legs in the air, then immediately going back on your feet: a sort of weak-man's kip-up. This is a great thing to do to get yourself going very first thing, and it builds form for other rolls.

Hey now...this gives me an idea. Since I can already do a no-handed kip-up, I can try integrating those into the back falls. I'm all ready pretty intimate with all of these falls/rolls (6 years of Hapkido will do that for ya), and even have some of my own I can add in, if you would like .

[TABLE=width: 315]

STR:5

STA:7

AGI:6

[/TABLE]

FORTUNE

[TD=align: center]LEVEL II

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

FAVORS

[/TD]